Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

LMd1GOm.jpg

Last edited:

Big Wrangle

https://www.pcgamer.com/new-star-ci...rly-every-vessel-in-the-game-for-dollar27000/
New Star Citizen ship pack unlocks nearly every vessel in the game for $27,000

It costs $1,000 just to be able to view the purchase page.
7Fv4KRirkdauptgB2GT4sS-650-80.jpg

Star Citizen backers looking to build their own fleet can now buy a new ship pack containing 117 craft—nearly every ship in the game—along with 163 extra items, including upgrades, skins and in-game posters. It's a mere $27,000.
Yep, you read that right. I'd tell you to click on the link for the Legatus Pack, but you'll only be able to view the page if you've already spent $1,000 on the open-world space sim.

I suppose if any game will tempt fans to spend the kind of money that's normally reserved for buying a real-life car on in-game items, it'll be Star Citizen. It has raised nearly $200m from crowdfunding since it launched a Kickstarter in 2012, and it's still pulling in big money—fans poured $35m into it last year alone, which was double the amount raised by all video game Kickstarter projects combined in the year. It also started selling virtual plots of land for $100 a pop.

If you want to see everything that's in the Legatus Pack without spending $1,000, then head over to this forum page for a run-down.

For the latest updates on how Star Citizen is progressing, click here.

Thanks, MMOPulse.

Deathsquid

Learned
You could get enough coke and hookers and props to make you believe you're really Captain Picard with that much money.

But instead the poor broken brains are spending it on spaceships in a game that won't even exist.

Makes drug barons and pimps cry, men

Deathsquid

Learned
What a train wreck.
I actually watched the (discord-commentated) recording of the full thing. I admit I wasn't sober (who the fuck could sit through 2 hours of THAT sober?) but man oh man I had some quality laughs, especially when the game went and crashed and they spent like 15 minutes STARTING IT UP AGAIN.

And of course the destroyed buggy was fantastic. They failed their mission by the way.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
This quote from the Gamescan video is perfect:

This isn’t a sandbox, it’s Crobbert’s toy box. You don’t make your own fun, he scripts it in.

The design is akin to a Hollywood space movie without thinking clearly about how to make the game fun. Just walking, driving, carrying, and janky shooting/dogfighting. Rinse and repeat.
The butthurt will be massive.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
What is up with all these expensive games that over promise graphics, but have extremely shallow barebones gameplay? I don’t know if this phenomenon has a name yet. It looks like a larping degeneracy from Triple-A gaming. Has anyone played Starfox 64? That game has great gameplay.

This entire package is because of the pissing of entitled fuckboys who blew past paying $1000 due to the LTI nonsense going on right now. I like Star Citizen but the marketing and PR people need to fuck off for a bit.

Deathsquid

Learned
This entire package is because of the pissing of entitled fuckboys who blew past paying $1000 due to the LTI nonsense going on right now. I like Star Citizen but the marketing and PR people need to fuck off for a bit.
But the marketing and PR people are Chris Robert's wife, what do?

Also, entitled fuckboys, what?

I mean, what does this even mean and why would fuckboys, if I get the idea right, and they're people that like, have sex, want to spend more than 1k on Store Citizen?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I usually don't wish for a project to fail, or a company to go bankrupt. But I wish this project to fail miserably for one reason. To see all these whales who have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this cry like a little bitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom