Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

mitochondritom

Educated
I cannot fathom someone spending 1600 dollars on this "game". I was caught up in the Kickstarter hype and backed it for $45 dollars, which I think was about the minimum to get the thing. Its been nearly 4 years and I feel totally ripped off. I am sure I have no chance of getting the refund though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
To think i defended Roberts by arguing he was an incompetent retard rather then a scammer, but i guess i was totally wrong and naive (of course, i didn't give the guy a single dime, so whatever).

What pisses me off is that this should have been the game that would have relaunched interest in AAA PC exclusives. But nooooo, he just had to fuck the whole thing up. And for what anyway. Once this thing crashes and burns he is going to have to retire for good. Who's going to trust him again?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't bother to read all 160ish pages, but for scam didn't the studio like hired the castle guy for the movie and some other famous guys?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Didn't bother to read all 160ish pages, but for scam didn't the studio like hired the castle guy for the movie and some other famous guys?

The cast for Squadron 42 includes the following actors and actresses: Gary Oldman - playing Admiral Ernst Bishop;[41] Mark Hamill - as Lieutenant Commander Steve “Old Man” Colton;[42] Mark Strong; Craig Fairbrass; Liam Cunningham - playing Captain Noah White on the UEES Stanton; Ben Mendelsohn; Ian Duncan - playing the Protagonist; Jack Huston - playing "Sky Captain" Cal Mason; John Rhys-Davies as Graves; Andy Serkis as Thul'Óqquray; Harry Treadaway; Gillian Anderson - playing Admiral Bishop's daughter; Sophie Wu - playing Petty Officer Webster; Sandi Gardiner;[43] Rhona Mitra - playing Executive Officer Kelly on the UEES Stanton, Richard Brake and Gemma Whelan.[44]

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Whelp no castle there but that is a lot of well-known people involved for the project to be a complete scam isn't it? May the dev is just incompetent.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
To think i defended Roberts by arguing he was an incompetent retard rather then a scammer, but i guess i was totally wrong and naive (of course, i didn't give the guy a single dime, so whatever).

What pisses me off is that this should have been the game that would have relaunched interest in AAA PC exclusives. But nooooo, he just had to fuck the whole thing up. And for what anyway. Once this thing crashes and burns he is going to have to retire for good. Who's going to trust him again?
I suspect that he started out merely incompetent, and only turned to scamming later to try to salvage the inevitable train wreck he had created. If Star Citizen really was intended as a scam from the start he's up there with Ponzi and Madoff in the scammer hall of fame.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone retard enough to spend $3000 on ships in Star Citizen does not deserve a refund, should be encouraged that next time should aim/receive a Darwin's Award.
Also the other retards that claim Roerts is a scammer in other words say that Roberts has a fetish for jail time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The single player portion should have been finished by now. I think the final straw for anyone defending this joke is when they spent tens of thousands of dollars installing those 'space doors' at their workplace. Clearly vital to the production of the game.

This is supposed to be game, not the fucking movie. WTF movie if they have zero progress on SQ42. About half year needed for testing so SQ42 should be in alpha stage already (if Chris still wants make game by the end of 2016).
No gameplay videos and skipped E3. Who the hell skip opportunity to promote and raise hype if they have a game... Nuff said.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No need to promote a game when you have morons handing you tens of millions of dollars.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
This refund was big enough news for it to show up in the 'trending news' section of Facebook. $3000 on a space pew pew game is like pants-on-head retarded, though.

People aren't spending money on Star Citizen, they are investing. When the game is finally released and all of these $15k ship packs people have bought are suddenly worth $100k, you'll wish you hadn't missed out.

:Flash:

Arcane
People aren't spending money on Star Citizen, they are investing. When the game is finally released and all of these $15k ship packs people have bought are suddenly worth $100k, you'll wish you hadn't missed out.
Yeah, and when Grimoire is released, the phone-sized manual will be worth hundreds, and you'll wish you hadn't missed out.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So when the game finally gets released how are the ships going to be handled? I mean their worth in-game? I would get pissed off If I spent 3000 dollar on a ship and regular Joe can get the same ship by playing the game for 2 hours. Then again, I would get pissed off if people that spent 3000 dollar on a ship will be treated as gods in-game and myself as a second rate customer only because I bought the "normal" game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom