Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
The scheme is finally collapsing. The coming months will go down in gaming history.

gHP0UqM.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-of-star-marine-star-citizens-fps-is-out-now

An early version of Star Marine, Star Citizen's FPS, is out now

A very early version of Star Marine, the first-person shooter portion of space game Star Citizen, is now available to play.

Alpha patch 2.6.0 was released to the Star Citizen Public Test Universe over the weekend, and with it Star Marine became available, with two maps and two game modes.

The maps are Station Demien and Echo Eleven. Elimination is a standard free-for-all mode. In Last Stand, Outlaws and Marines fight for four key computer access points.

The video, below, has 10 minutes of patch 2.6.0 gameplay designed to show off co-op action. (Be warned, the comms chatter is a little ugh.)

Developer Cloud Imperium warned Star Marine is an early build and there are a lot of issues with it. Leaderboards, for example, are not included.

Meanwhile, patch 2.6.0 adds four new flyable ships, four new variants of existing ships, new FPS combat mechanics such as cover, mantle and vault, ship balance changes and more. The patch notes are over at r/StarCitizen.

Star Citizen is still a work in progress. There are a number of modules available to play, but we're still not at the planetary landing part of Star Citizen yet.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Today's Star Citizen leaks courtesy of TheAgent. Some I already knew and tweeted about.

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
  • the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
  • "They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
  • ^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
  • crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year

"if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard damn time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only"

Haven't been paying a ton of attention to all this stuff, but someone enlighten me: Why the fuck are they spending ridiculous amounts of time on everything but ships in space trading and shooting each other? Looking at this game, did anyone donate money to them because they wanted to play an FPS? Or wanted to have detailed cinematic face to face convos with other characters? I can kind of understand being able to walk around your own ship, but that's it.

I see no reason for them to do anything other than focus on their main draw. If they had a released space trading and combat game right now it would be making ridiculous amounts of money going by the current interest and level of cash people are dumping into it. So what are they doing? Is everything else just a facade to convince people to spend more money and delay the inevitable crash when people realize they've been had?

DeepOcean

Arcane
They just needed to release a version of Elite with handcrafted content, the rest could come later as expansion packs, those guys got blind with their own success.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Chris Roberts has the money and he can do what he wants, and he does what he wants.

Latelistener

Arcane
To make the space-sim genre great again.

Just kidding of course. He wants even more money. :smug:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Maybe he wants to become the greatest scam-artist ever. Get his name in the history books.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom