Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Ocean 4 has HD REMASTER

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Pirates released Star Ocean 4. It's merely 53 GB of data. I'm kinda split because I have 41.8 GB data with old PS3 version and it looks decent on PS3.

I tried it for few hours just to see if all rumors are correct, and I like that girl that appears in the beginning, she had style. She nearly made them go into mental hoops just by her talking, and they had no means to get rid of her.

Actually I kinda wonder, should I use my indisputable right from owning a copyright licence to free of charge obtain it on different device? That would be like legal, I should think about my renomé. If they didn't improve details and general feel on their character models, it might be actually smarter to play PS3 version. Which is kinda decent game, when you don't expect Dostoevsky from it, or don't compare to previous one.

Last edited:
giving it a spin.
characters are annoying as hell, plot seems the usual childish jrpg fare, combat could turn more repetitive than expected because there's just too much of it and the rabid respawn doesn't help, but i'm willing to invest some more hours in it. maybe only because i'm starved for numbers and sci-fi, but i will anyway.

Deleted member 7219

giving it a spin.
characters are annoying as hell, plot seems the usual childish jrpg fare, combat could turn more repetitive than expected because there's just too much of it and the rabid respawn doesn't help, but i'm willing to invest some more hours in it. maybe only because i'm starved for numbers and sci-fi, but i will anyway.

I got to the second planet, got stuck on the boss battle on the alien ship.

The combat is utter decline, it is hack and slash and there is a lot of it. I’ve put this one on the back burner.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't forget the invention/item creation system. Totally crazy. Factorio level.

Also Welch Is A*W*E*S*O*M*E.

Last edited:
i truly wanted to like this, or at least be able to endure it, despite the autistic characters (really, one of the characters is a little kid who is an idiot savant, can't talk properly, has no friends and some verbal tics) and its multiple shortcomings but i just can't. there's too much combat, so much it loses sense, so much that you spend half an hour charging the regeneration bonus and then you just mash supers making every encounter exactly the same, but the real deal breaker is the difference in strenght between mobs and area bosses. bosses are so much stronger that after you spend hours grinding just to reach the final chamber you then get steamrolled by the boss and are forced to go back to grind some more levels just to have a chance. bosses who have in their movesets attacks made to deal damage anyway, even when you exploit the perfect dodges. winning by skills is impossible, thus why the arcade structure?
fuck you.

Deleted member 7219

i truly wanted to like this, or at least be able to endure it, despite the autistic characters (really, one of the characters is a little kid who is an idiot savant, can't talk properly, has no friends and some verbal tics) and its multiple shortcomings but i just can't. there's too much combat, so much it loses sense, so much that you spend half an hour charging the regeneration bonus and then you just mash supers making every encounter exactly the same, but the real deal breaker is the difference in strenght between mobs and area bosses. bosses are so much stronger that after you spend hours grinding just to reach the final chamber you then get steamrolled by the boss and are forced to go back to grind some more levels just to have a chance. bosses who have in their movesets attacks made to deal damage anyway, even when you exploit the perfect dodges. winning by skills is impossible, thus why the arcade structure?
fuck you.

This.

It is pretty much the worst example of JRPG autism extreme.

I've been spoiled by the Trails series. Those games do everything perfectly while remaining unabashedly JRPGs. Why the hell would I go back to playing games like these?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom