Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars 1313 announced

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
"A press release for the game (reprinted after the break) says it's a third-person cinematic action game, set in "Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant," and the player will control "a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy." LucasArts says the game will emphasize Star Wars' "dark and mature" elements, and show off "a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit."​
"dark and mature"
"dark and mature"
Haha, oh wow. We'll see about that.​

Shervin

Educated
You know a game is going to turn into shit when they use the word " cinematic " for describing it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
"...a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit."​

Except that the entire Coruscant storyline in SWTOR is about dealing with the criminal elements in the lower levels.:M

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I really doubt any developer today making a StarWars game has balls enough to NOT give the player a lightsaber and jedi powers at some point of the game...

Deleted member 7219

Seeing as the last good Star Wars game (KOTOR 2) was released seven years ago, I think it is long overdue. I hope it is good.

I'm just grateful to all the gods that there is no cinematic, dark and mature Jedi Knight game in the making.

lightbane

Arcane
Republic Commando was apparently a fluke. Too bad we won't have more games like that one :decline:

kris

Arcane
I should make a list of the worst offenses to the Star wars lisence, to bad that would include 80% of the work outside the original triology. Would be a top100 list or something.

Stinger

Arcane
We already had a dark and mature Star Wars game and it was written by the best of the best :rpgcodex:

Keshik

Arcane
Wish we'd get a sequel to Alliance, but might as well keep dreaming. Heh, as for Star Wars being dark and gritty, maybe we'll get some gratuitous cutscenes of Imperials killing aliens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom