Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - now with lootbox drama

DemonKing

Arcane
I was excited for the first one but the PC version was stillborn shortly after release due to the lack of dedicated servers and clunky matchmaking system that made it very difficult to find a game.

I guess at least this has a single player game if they screw up the multi again...

Dux

Arcane
Admittedly I'm very late to the Battlefront thing but whenever I join up a 40 player battle for example it's always been 95-100% full. The gameplay is decent but could do with some polish.

mbv123

Arbiter
People will actually buy this and get hyped after EA raped and abandoned Battlefront 2015.
Really makes you think...
Also why the fuck they're naming their games like the previous Battlefront games didn't exist?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
3220717-swbfii+reveal+screenshot+7.png

3220712-swbfii+reveal+screenshot+4.png

3220713-swbfii+reveal+screenshot+5.png

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought everyone hated it. But I guess it doesn't matter if you sell ten million copies on the name alone.
Regardless of what people on the internet says there's a reason why EA is still one of the biggest video game companies around, and why they keep peddling barely working/unfinished games: it still sells.

Santander02

Arcane
So the actual battlefront 2 is getting retconed out of existence and replaced, a sad day.

StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg

Now whenever you try to search for "Battlefront 2 mods" all you'll get at first is content related to EA's turd :argh:

They sold more than 10 milion, so no.

How much did they spend to develop and market it? With the cost to produce AAA games nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if even 10 million isn't enough to break even.

TC Jr

Scholar
Read some of the yt comments unless you're prone to anerysems. Also a reminder that the first game didn't allow for any form of communication hahaha.. fucking depressing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom