Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - now with lootbox drama

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is because Shanghai,Hong Kong and many others were a foreign colonies for around a century. They have more common with the west than with China. That is why they have protest from time to time.

Cael i wonder how americans will act if one day you tell them that Texas is not part of the states? Your country is very young that is why you think that way. Most people in countries with history see other nations and people as rivals even enemies.

Educating you about the modern history of China is going to take far too long than is possible on this forum. Take it as someone who has lived in the region all his life and not half way across the planet, and has ties to China: You are mistaken in many of your assumptions.

Now, please leave it and go back to kicking EA in the head while it is down in the foetal position.
Ok will agree to disagree gentlemanly. :mlady:

As for EA....why kick them when they are doing fine job of it themself. Also EU and Hawaii decided to kick even harder. Ahhhh fuck it,EA is a endless waterfall of toxic shit! Hope that the EU do one thing right and kick them in to bankruptcy!

I never actually looked at the box art for the new BF2 before. Who thought putting Mary Sue Resting Bitch Face on it was a good idea? Disney must have forced them. Game deserves to die just for that.
Was Rey that bad? I never watched the new movies after they announced they were basically going to throw the entire EU under a bus.

The character? Most blatant mary sue possible. She is explicitly shown to know how to repair/fly the millennium falcon better than Han does (despite literally stumbling onto the ship through pure luck seconds ago), masters all force powers luke did in the original trilogy in about 2s of closing her eyes and presumably having it downloaded into her brain matrix style (despite not even knowing about the force a few days ago), and effortlessly defeats Luke Skywalker's pupil-turned-evil (later trained by a sith lord) in a straight up lightsaber fight. Takes time out of scenes to deliver feminist-friendly lines about not needing help from no men.

The actress? Marginally better at delivering her lines than Jake Lloyd, absolutely zero ability to modify her facial expression.

Cael

Arcane
The character? Most blatant mary sue possible. She is explicitly shown to know how to repair/fly the millennium falcon better than Han does (despite literally stumbling onto the ship through pure luck seconds ago), masters all force powers luke did in the original trilogy in about 2s of closing her eyes and presumably having it downloaded into her brain matrix style (despite not even knowing about the force a few days ago), and effortlessly defeats Luke Skywalker's pupil-turned-evil (later trained by a sith lord) in a straight up lightsaber fight. Takes time out of scenes to deliver feminist-friendly lines about not needing help from no men.

The actress? Marginally better at delivering her lines than Jake Lloyd, absolutely zero ability to modify her facial expression.
That sounds like a lot of fun for meme makers. Glad I didn't spend money at the cinemas, then.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Another page lost to the perfect storm of autism that is Cael and fantadomat. Stop flooding threads with off-topic garbage. Take your bullshit into DMs or just fuck already, faggots.

Cael

Arcane
Another page lost to the perfect storm of autism that is Cael and fantadomat. Stop flooding threads with off-topic garbage. Take your bullshit into DMs or just fuck already, faggots.
While you would most likely love to witness it and already have self-pleasuring fantasies to it, I must decline. We haven't even talked terms and remuneration yet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't go offtopic mate,it is not cool.
savior.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PRC will be easy to spot mate. If game have a half million Chinese downvotes it will be them. When PRC does something it does it in full force. The Chinese review bombing is a bunch of rich people hating something in the game.
Could be anything the government doesn't like. Make a game that make a referrence to Tienamen, for example, and see what happens. Or call Taiwan a separate country.

But the real issue is that the resulting outrage is FAKE. It is a China government organised effort, not the spontaneous outraged screaming of fans. That's the problem.

I have had dealing with the Mainlander community over here. They are uniformly brainwashed into thinking that China is the greatest, their government is the greatest, China owns everything from Nepal to Taiwan, all of the stuff that the China government want people to believe, and history basically takes a dump on. They are believers in a lie that make them the only good guys in the world. It is basically watching a bunch of maladjusted arrogant sociopaths screaming their heads off about their "rights" on a national scale.
I don't think it is a lie to be honest. At the moment China is the greatest power on the planet both military and industry. Taiwan is a Chinese island filled with Chinese people,it just have different government that is at odds(hate more like it) with the PRC. Also they do own Tibet no amount of retarded monks burning themself will change that. If you have problem with those facts you are free to pick weapon and go fight them. This is like people whining that Crimea is not Russian and all that butthurt crap. Also i do thing authoritarian rule is the best form of rule. China and Russia are proof of that. China certainly have great capable government if it is able to accomplish so many things. While america is in constant decline past 30 years. I would personally emigrate to China than any western countries,hypothetically. Also i don't see nothing wrong with people living their country,after all i am nationalist.
I sense a Vatnik tag incoming :lol:

Btw, kid, by your own misguided logic here, about 1/5 of your country may declare to be part of the Greater neo-Ottoman Turkey. I guess you'll support that too, right?

The lesson to take, don't go to a dick measuring contest when your own pecker is miniscule. Stick to the alliances you have because no one else will keep you safe. I guess that's still a bit difficult to grasp for a society of a former communist "colony", but you will open your eyes to the world at some point.

Also, for someone whose country is still practically owned by Russia, economically and politically, it's quite ironic to be giving out labels to China, Shanghai and Taiwan.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Whether they are good or not is fucking irrelevant you imbecile, anyone giving EA money for this shit is just contributing to promoting their shitty business practices. It is ALWAYS like this, everyone complains and complains and complains but when a publisher like EA pushes a new hot game bundled with their latest nickle and dimming scheme they run like lemmings to the store, then go online to bitch about it and do the exact same thing over and over again.

Well we say enough is enough, if you keep giving money to these publishers you are part of the cancer that put this microtransaction, 1 day DLC, gambling for minors bullshit in every damn game nowadays and deserve to be called out, regardless of how much "fun" you're having since you are ruining it for the rest of us.

And that's the last time I will engage with dumb asses about this topic seriously because if they are still not tired of being raped by EA by now, they never will be. Thankfully, for once, enough people with an actual brain have managed to band together and push for some damned change, small as it is (or big, if the Belgians inspire the rest of Europa to classify this loot boxes crap as children's gambling like it should be).

Or you know, you could buy the game AND tell EA to make their monitization strategy and business practice different next time, and that the MTX debacle is NOT ok. You give money to hardworking DICE, and you tell EA to ditch their shady business practices, which it looks they might even do now.

Win/win.

I will always pay money for a quality product, made by caring and hardworking people. I can tell a publisher to fuck off with trying to exploit their work, too. I CAN DO BOTH. And you know what? It's not even hypocritical. Hell I would pay 100$for this game, if it meant no loot boxes and faster progression.

If DICE collapses, nobody else will make a good 2017 star wars shooter, hell even a shooter, I can tell you that much.

Battlefield and Battlefront basically is the best practice go-to best non competitive shooters in their genre as of 2017.
Remove DICE, and you remove some of the best shooters we've gotten in the past years. Top notch graphics, topnotch gameplay, gunplay, features, fantasy, sound work and so on. Nobody even rivals their work. NONE of the other AAA companies even come close, because they're fucking incompetent.

Back to shitty indie companies, with shovelware graphics, shitty gameplay and lackluster features and functionalities.

Yay can't wait.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you know, we could ensure that good companies like DICE actually survives, by paying them money for their hardwork if we want them to continue to make good games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
How exactly are you going to tell EA to make a different game?

Not a different game, different monitization strategy. And the uproar already caused has made EA realize this, I hope. Clearly they are scared, and clearly they take it seriously. Especially since Disney called and tell them to get rid of that shit and clean up the mess. They stepped over the line dis time, so hopefully they have learned their lesson now.

Regardless, the game itself is great, apart from the monitization implementation and progression system.
Furthermore, the slowness of progression is not THAT bad. I've gotten all the best shit in under 30 hours of playtime. Not too shabby imo.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Am I defending EA? No. Am I defending DICE? Yes.

Should I refrain from buying an otherwise great game, because EA fucked up? No.

Should I call out EA on their bullshit now and in the future? Yes.

Will this change things? Yes.

that will be all.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You're a fucking retard. DICE is a part of EA now - there is no meaningful distinction between EA and DICE. DICE is just a brand and trademark of EA, to use as they see fit. Let's be clear on the fact that this isn't just a case of EA publishing someone elses game. EA owns DICE. DICE is EA.

And EA is going to slowly suffocate everything that made DICE DICE until it's nothing more than a rotten shell regurgitating last year's successes, monetize everything until people refuse to buy the shovelware garbage they shit out, and then EA will give DICE the bullet.

They've done this over and over and over and over and over again, and it's always followed the same pattern at various paces, and at this point you're acting like you were part of EA:s acquisition of DICE, which is what they always depend on - loyal drones to a fucking brand that cannot see the forest for all the trees, and thinks that just because the brand remains, the people, the drive or the will of the people that originally made that brand does. They fucking don't and it fucking doesn't.

DICE as you know it is dead, yet you're sitting here licking the anus of it's zombified offspring, waiting to slurp down the next anal discharge, as if you caught the same brain parasite EA infected DICE with when they took command, trying to defend this game and the behaviour of it's creators with absolutely nonsensical arguments of free market, production costs and baseless separation between two conjoined entities.

You disgust me.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You're a fucking retard. DICE is a part of EA now - there is no meaningful distinction between EA and DICE. DICE is just a brand and trademark of EA, to use as they see fit. Let's be clear on the fact that this isn't just a case of EA publishing someone elses game. EA owns DICE. DICE is EA.

And EA is going to slowly suffocate everything that made DICE DICE until it's nothing more than a rotten shell regurgitating last year's successes, monetize everything until people refuse to buy the shovelware garbage they shit out, and then EA will give DICE the bullet.

They've done this over and over and over and over and over again, and it's always followed the same pattern at various paces, and at this point you're acting like you were part of EA:s acquisition of DICE, which is what they always depend on - loyal drones to a fucking brand that cannot see the forest for all the trees, and thinks that just because the brand remains, the people, the drive or the will of the people that originally made that brand does. They fucking don't and it fucking doesn't.

DICE as you know it is dead, yet you're sitting here licking the anus of it's zombified offspring, waiting to slurp down the next anal discharge, as if you caught the same brain parasite EA infected DICE with when they took command, trying to defend this game and the behaviour of it's creators with absolutely nonsensical arguments of free market, production costs and baseless separation between two conjoined entities.

You disgust me.

Yeah and Activision owns Blizzard Entertainment department, but guess what, blizzard entertainment does their own thing, still. It's been quite clear, that the developers from DICE had nothing to do with the whole EA fuck up, they even said themselves. They just make the content of the game, not the monitization strategy. EA doesn't mess with the creation of the game itself, they leave that to the experts of game development. Regardless of being owned by them or not. That's a wise choice from a business standpoint. Let the experts do what they do best, and dont mess with it.

There are NUMEROUS examples of bigger companies buying smaller companies, but still keeping the smaller company intact, within the large one itself. Same people, same culture, same work ethic etc. That ensures a good product.

DICE is not dead, because last I checked, they still make great games.

EA doesn't tell DICE what content to put into the game, Disney does. EA does, however, tell DICE which monitization strategy to put into the game aslong with the content. This is a deal between EA and Disney, not DICE, you fucking moron. DICE is caught between it all, and I feel sorry for them.

DICE cares deeply about the star wars brand, and I think Disney to some extent does, too. But if you wanna be mad at somebody, be mad at EA and Disney. They made the loot box deal together, only EA took it further than Disney anticipated. And both Disney and EA NEVER forsee the outcry from the community and the backlash.

I'm glad you are triggered.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Or you know, you could buy the game AND tell EA to make their monitization strategy and business practice different next time, and that the MTX debacle is NOT ok. You give money to hardworking DICE, and you tell EA to ditch their shady business practices, which it looks they might even do now.
Words are feeble if actions denote the opposite. Money is and always has been the only real leverage customers have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom