Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I was hoping they'd show a singleplayer Star Wars game. I'm not a big multiplayer guy. Not since good Unreal Tournament, anyway.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This will be MAJESTIC and EPIC at the same time.

Bring it on DICE, bring it on.

Battlefield 3 + 4 was both really fun, and huge successes.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
This is going to be complete shit. DICE and EA make for a mean combination.

Enjoy your tie fighter flying backwards or being killed by a melee lightsaber from 20 feet away because the netcode is shit.

Cadmus

Arcane
Movie Battles 2 is THE star wars experience, everything else sucks cocks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-28-star-wars-battlefront-out-christmas-2015

Star Wars Battlefront out Christmas 2015
Battlefield 5 out Christmas 2016.

Star Wars Battlefront launches Christmas 2015, EA has announced.

EA boss Andrew Wilson made the announcement during a conference call to investors following the release of the company's Q2 2015 financial results.

This was followed by a tweet from the EA account.

Electronic Arts ✔ @EA

May the Force be with you: Star Wars Battlefront will release for Holiday 2015.​

Star Wars Battlefront, which EA said tonight was its "major first-person shooter" for the year, had been expected summer 2015, so it's been pushed back by a few months. But the release window comes as no surprise: The JJ Abrams' directed movie Star Wars: Episode 7 is due out 18th December 2015.

Meanwhile, Wilson said the next Battlefield game from developer DICE, presumably called Battlefield 5, will release in the last quarter of 2016.

"Battlefield 4 continues to add new players and engage existing fans a year after launch," he said.

"As a result of the extended services and content updates that we provide, it's clear that players want to experience the games we're delivering for longer periods of time. Looking into next year, we will ensure that our players have enough time between releases to fully explore the depth and innovation in our shooter titles."

Earlier this evening EA confirmed Battlefield Hardline, the spin-off from Visceral, will launch in March 2015.

"Following this launch, our next Battlefield experience is planned for launch in Q3 FY17," Wilson added. Q3 FY2017 is the October to December 2016 period.

"We want to give Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players more time to enjoy these games and immerse themselves in a game, the live service, and the community."

DICE is busy with a number of major games in development, including Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 5 and the new Mirror's Edge game.

DramaticPopcorn

Dudes, I'm craving me some gud and pretty to look at popamole acshun and that gameplay vid of cancelled Darth Maul game made me want to pley something with lightsabers in it so I'm thinking of trying out The Force Unleashed games, are they any good?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dudes, I'm craving me some gud and pretty to look at popamole acshun and that gameplay vid of cancelled Darth Maul game made me want to pley something with lightsabers in it so I'm thinking of trying out The Force Unleashed games, are they any good?
No, they are not. But you can squeeze out some enjoyment from the first one. Second is garbage.

There hasn't been a good SW game released in a decade. KotOR2 and JA were the last gasps of a franchise preparing to go comatose.

Just play TIE Fighter again.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
first shot

0UGlqkuHdqwc.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
10 second teaser

126298549.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom