Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

hakuroshi

Augur
Well if we don't like the stuff chances are everyone else don't like it too :)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Well if we don't like the stuff chances are everyone else don't like it too :)
Didn't you not want me to auction shit? uhfasibhusdabhlaf

Edit: There, much better. Kept some of the cool stuff (which means I am selling like all of the armor lol)

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hate the dialogue wheel so fucking much. Having to restart the conversation because my character said something completely retarded is so fucking stupid. What's the point of it? Biodrones hate reading or something..

Nael

Arcane
So there's a guild of Gentlemen playing this game? I might have dust off this turd and hook up. What's the info?
Just saw character transfers were like 90 Bioware Jewgolds, just sent my 55 assassin to the Red Eclipse. If we're all bandwagoning I'm joining in, and a spare inquisitor and 90 jewgolds is a small price to pay in case we stop playing in a week.
It's on The Red Eclipse.

Guildname: <Shepards of Diversity>

To get an invite, please list your character name so we can friend you and thus catch you easily as you log on.

As for our active players, our characters (5 players but many alts lol) are:
Lubes
Breld
Krenchrada
Shudder
Vilrost
Keldalisque
D'ooine
Codexia
Tuberosa

Might have missed someone - Everyone: put your Codex name in your "Member Note" because we have some leftover characters *cough*@Bruticis *cough* and
Bliblablubb I forget who your other characters are besides "Codexia."

As for me, am very active in the game, however, for the past week or so I've been busy on Republican toons. But I'll just finish my Consular storyline (Ch. 3) really quick and I'll jump back over with the one Imp class I haven't done yet.

Just let me know when/what you guys want to bandwagon and do. I can do regular leveling up with my Bounty Hunter, or with "Lubes" the Sith Warrior I just finished Chapter 3 so I can also do Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. Or, actually, with both, we can do Tactical Flashpoints since they all scale.

Just not ready for KotFE right now.

Edit: Oh yeah, I haven't gotten my BH into the guild yet, since I haven't played her actively yet. But her name is "Azuhla" (check the VA ;) ).

Ugh... I can't transfer any of my characters from NA server to European. I'll have to start over fresh. Any guild needs that you have?

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Just got invited, the highest 5 people in the guild are all siths of various persuasions. Roll whatever you want, really.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
So there's a guild of Gentlemen playing this game? I might have dust off this turd and hook up. What's the info?
Just saw character transfers were like 90 Bioware Jewgolds, just sent my 55 assassin to the Red Eclipse. If we're all bandwagoning I'm joining in, and a spare inquisitor and 90 jewgolds is a small price to pay in case we stop playing in a week.
It's on The Red Eclipse.

Guildname: <Shepards of Diversity>

To get an invite, please list your character name so we can friend you and thus catch you easily as you log on.

As for our active players, our characters (5 players but many alts lol) are:
Lubes
Breld
Krenchrada
Shudder
Vilrost
Keldalisque
D'ooine
Codexia
Tuberosa

Might have missed someone - Everyone: put your Codex name in your "Member Note" because we have some leftover characters *cough*@Bruticis *cough* and
Bliblablubb I forget who your other characters are besides "Codexia."

As for me, am very active in the game, however, for the past week or so I've been busy on Republican toons. But I'll just finish my Consular storyline (Ch. 3) really quick and I'll jump back over with the one Imp class I haven't done yet.

Just let me know when/what you guys want to bandwagon and do. I can do regular leveling up with my Bounty Hunter, or with "Lubes" the Sith Warrior I just finished Chapter 3 so I can also do Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. Or, actually, with both, we can do Tactical Flashpoints since they all scale.

Just not ready for KotFE right now.

Edit: Oh yeah, I haven't gotten my BH into the guild yet, since I haven't played her actively yet. But her name is "Azuhla" (check the VA ;) ).

Ugh... I can't transfer any of my characters from NA server to European. I'll have to start over fresh. Any guild needs that you have?
Not at all. We're just gonna play together and have fun. With level sync, our high level characters can play with low level characters without power leveling (granted they're still pretty OP because of having all the abilities). And I'm completely willing to do that.

Flashpoints have also done "reverse" level sync, in that low level characters will be bolstered to the correct level of the FP. However, again, the number of abilities is lacking for low level players so there is still a power gap.

Still, they're not that bad. Seems like if you have your first two Discipline abilities (lvl 24 or so) you'll be able to do a rotation without pause.

Again in any case, it's just for fun. And I record everything DXtory so we can have some extra silliness. (A Ventrilo server would be even better haha)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Just got invited, the highest 5 people in the guild are all siths of various persuasions. Roll whatever you want, really.
My really powerful characters were my Assassin and my Agent, just that I didn't have any expansions back then. My Warrior is just so high because of all the events and 12xp and companions and shit that got me like 20 levels higher than any content while leveling.

Yeah, roll whatever you want. I'll actually be leveling a Bounty Hunter if you guys want to start from level 1. And then I'll have my level 65 warrior (who hasn't even finished Makeb or started Shadow of Revan) if you guys wanna do high level stuff.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The Red Eclipse.

Ok then, just transfered my Sith Juggernaut (lvl 54, name's Alaisass) there. Will join up with the rest of you once it's all clear. I am considerisng rolling new class, though. Is bounty hunter any good story-wise?

Last edited:

Nael

Arcane
The lag on the Euro servers is Hell for me, men. I was getting anywhere between 200-400ms lag. At the high end it is totally unplayable for me. I will pop in and play a bit maybe on off hours and see how it is but at peak times it just isn't good.

If there's any American (North or South) bros that want to play with me on an NA server I have 5 fairly high level toons on Prophecy of the Five server. Maybe we can start a Codex guild for Freedom Lovers there?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The lag on the Euro servers is Hell for me, men. I was getting anywhere between 200-400ms lag. At the high end it is totally unplayable for me. I will pop in and play a bit maybe on off hours and see how it is but at peak times it just isn't good.

If there's any American (North or South) bros that want to play with me on an NA server I have 5 fairly high level toons on Prophecy of the Five server. Maybe we can start a Codex guild for Freedom Lovers there?
I am in Kwa with no problems. Weird. At most 250ms.

hakuroshi

Augur
I suspected it from the start of 4.0, but now I know. They have cut content from earlier areas. Mostly for the better - trash mob fights and quests "kill N baddies for shit reward and possibly lulzy cutscene". But I will miss Czerka Base on Tatooine. There was a whole underground level and now just an elevator to final quest area. Again, the level was filled with droids and was a slog. But it was somewhat nonlinear (for BW game) and I have fond memories of incidental pvp there. Both pubs and imps have planet quest there and area was not instanced. And even trash mobs were more or less justified with an idea of highly secured base on lock down.

hakuroshi

Augur
As I don't really miss most of the side quests, I can't say for sure. They did turn former bonus planet series into optional, but I think some small ones disappeared completely. Still I may not be looking closely. But Czerka Base level gone, that I am sure. Also I may remember wrong but first planet quest on Nar Shadaa, imp side, played differently. Nothing lost here though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
And even trash mobs were more or less justified with an idea of highly secured base on lock down.
Doesn't matter if it's justified if it's typical tedious MMO slog. Bioware has done good in emphasizing what people like - the good storylines - and what people don't. Of course they can't change anything that's already written,

And of course we will never stop criticizing the shitty storylines :p

---

On that note, Consular was underwhelming. It is technically true that you gather an army in Chapter 3... But you have no choice in the matter, and the way you do it is just by doing typical quests. You have no choice in the matter of who you choose - the C&C in Dragon Age was much much better.

Interestingly enough, the Sith Warrior had a fun squad-level mission where you assigned different characters to different roles (one would sneak in, by passing traps, disabling traps; another would accompany you on the front line; another would lead a side assault to take out the shield generators; your tactical minded Imp Officer companion would give suggestions on how to delegate). It was similar to that mission in Mass Effect 2 (though I doubt there was as much consequence).

There was something similar in the Consular storyline but it felt way worse because you delegated less-personable army sections and I wasn't sure if there was any C&C .

So, afterplaying Inquisitor, Consular, Warrior, and Agent...

I would rank Inquisitor and Consular storylines about equal as the worst.

Tthey have different strengths and weaknesses... you can Force Shock everyone as an Inquisitor for fun, though you can also Force Persuade for fun as a Consular. The Inquisitor has a banal "collect artifacts" storyline whereas like I said the Consular is just too hands off and not interesting in general. Also the Inquisitor has a much better VA than the Consular, which is really really sad because it's fucking NOLAN NORTH. (I don't even know North from Alan Wake, I know him from DC and he's a great Superman.)

Though I do have to the Assassin and Shadow have really fun playstyles. I don't remember playing my Assassin, but playing my Infiltration Shadow after playing my Vengeance Juggernaut was a lot more fun because you got to dance around out to 10m to use stuff like Project, which was highly used by the Disciplines.

Warrior has a very solid everything.

Your dialogue has great 'sarcastic' options that are very well voice acted. I emphasize 'sarcastic' because it's not a straightforward 'you're stupid.' Plus as always, a "for the greater good of the Empire" is always interesting as a (non-Bounty Hunter).

I have nothing else to say about the Agent

We all know how it is.

So story-wise from my limited 4 storylines (with reading what others have said and dabbling in the rest):

Agent -> ? (possilby Smuggler) -> Warrior and possibly Bounty Hunter -> Jedi Knight? -> Consular and Inquisitor.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The Red Eclipse.

Ok then, just transfered my Sith Juggernaut (lvl 54, name's Alaisass) there. Will join up with the rest of you once it's all clear. I am considerisng rolling new class, though. Is bounty hunter any good story-wise?
Sure, add these guys to your friends list:
Lubes
Azhula
Breld
Krenchrada
Shudder
Vilrost
Keldalisque
D'ooine
Codexia
Tuberosa

And whisper them if you see them on.

Also, I will add Alaisaiss to my friends list and your new character (I've heard Bounty Hunter is near equal to the Sith Warrior, and the Sith Warrior I l

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
And goddammit why can't I romance Holiday

I actually like Nadia in combat because she doesn't repeat stupid lines. But ugh I am forced to romance her even though I don't want to. Wish I had a choice like my Warrior (which I fucked up bc I picked Vette)

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I already added Mrowak to the guild yesterday, keep up old man. And you can't romance Holiday because she's a hologram, you freak.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Hey anyone who's played Powertech, how does Pyro compare to Advanced Prototype fun-wise while leveling (I know Pyro sucks in the high end)? Because leveling is fucking easy anyway. Like, which one is more mobile rather than going through a set rotation.

E.g. I thought I liked the Vengeance Juggernaut a lot, but playing the Infiltration Shadow was even more fun because I could dance around from melee to 10m while throwing Projects as I charged them up with melee attacks.

hakuroshi

Augur
And even trash mobs were more or less justified with an idea of highly secured base on lock down.
Doesn't matter if it's justified if it's typical tedious MMO slog. Bioware has done good in emphasizing what people like - the good storylines - and what people don't. Of course they can't change anything that's already written,

And of course we will never stop criticizing the shitty storylines :p
They could remove trash mobs from the level. And cut down some corridor shooting sequences elsewhere instead. Just don't like when actual content is cut down.
Well...
5nurud.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Can Bioware possibly be more lazy when it comes to story?

I read the beginning of the Fallen Empire arc and it is beyond stupid. Even DBZ would be ashamed.

So apparently the Emperor had ANOTHER super secret society developed besides the Empire and this one is even more powerful than the Empire because logic. And he somehow transitions from Force Ghost to Corporeal Form because writing is hard. At least Dragon Ball brought new villains as the next big bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom