Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
According to respected Korean site iNews24, multiple sources say Blizzard will announce an HD version of the original StarCraft this September.

It will reportedly play the same, but have a better resolution and IU. iNews24, the country’s first online newspaper, is reporting (via tipster Sang) the following:

Today, multiple sources with knowledge of Blizzard internal plans said that Blizzard will reveal StarCraft HDto the public this September. The StarCraft HD remastered version will retain the original gameplay and is said to have improved graphics resolution and user interface (UI).
Yeah, yeah, Activision, money grab and shit, but damn, SC is such an amazing game. But its original 640x480 graphics loses some its charm when it is blurry on a 1080p monitor. Just with like the Age of Empires and Rise of Nations HD versions, I approve of this good shit!

Archibald

Arcane
Huh, part of me is thinking that some people crying about how SC2 is dying (in competitive format), their Dota clone bombing and Overwatch not having legs have a point and this might be another Blizzard's attempt to get back into competitive gaming scene.

grudgebringer

Just a shadow of a former self. They lost me after WC3 Frozen Throne. As I'd love some HD remakes I'm not sure anymore if I should give any money to these folks.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm easily entertained, so I could grab this to play through the campaign once more. Unless it costs like 40€.

What about Brood War?

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm easily entertained, so I could grab this to play through the campaign once more. Unless it costs like 40€.
I guess that Brood War will be included by default.

Shaquille-ONeal-Cant-Stop-Laughing-As-He-Watches-Funny-Online-Videos.gif

NullFlow

Savant
Provided it's a graphical and resolution update and not a casualized update with things like multiple building selection and more than 12 units per hotkey I'm fine with it.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Provided it's a graphical and resolution update and not a casualized update with things like multiple building selection and more than 12 units per hotkey I'm fine with it.

Why? BW multiplayer isn't good because it lacks MBS and unlimited control groups, it's good because of excellent unit design and very solid core mechanics. The "having to spend less APM on macro will let players focus on other aspects" argument, which was retarded in SC2 (as there is not much to focus on, and players failed at macro in that game regardless), would actually hold true in BW.

The only thing they shouldn't touch are interface limitations around which the game is balanced, like lack of smartcasting. Adding MBS and unlimited control groups would just make the game easier for everyone, but likely still too difficult for the masses.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It's an attempt to regain the Korean competitive scene by putting the art assets from SC2 into SC.

There will not be a Diablo1/2 or Warcraft 1/2 HD because they don't have 3D assets to import from another game.

grudgebringer

Last edited by a moderator:

J1M

Arcane
Maybe remaking this game will teach them something about how to make quality games again.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Not looking forward to this. They are too damn arrogant, I don't trust them to stay faithful... I can't imagine modern Blizzard doing this:

"StarCraft 1 is too dark and depressing, it needs more love stories and kahehameha battles."

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's an attempt to regain the Korean competitive scene by putting the art assets from SC2 into SC.

There will not be a Diablo1/2 or Warcraft 1/2 HD because they don't have 3D assets to import from another game.
Not looking forward to this. They are too damn arrogant, I don't trust them to stay faithful... I can't imagine modern Blizzard doing this:

"StarCraft 1 is too dark and depressing, it needs more love stories and kahehameha battles."

According to the sources they only change the resolution and some of the UI. Not much to fuck up there.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Starcraft + BW, Diablo 2 + Lod , Warcraft 3 TFT , i had the most fun with those.

Blizzard peaked with warcraft 3 tft and then started the decline when their next game was world of warcraft.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Shows how shitty blizzard is today if a modder can get people more excited over a mod than a real company

A horse of course

Shit sauce. Even if it happens, do people really want another HoMM HD fiasco?

Only WC3 would work with an HD release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom