Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

ciox

Liturgist
WHY DOES IT SEND ME TO BUY PAGE WHEN I WANT TO PLAY IT????
:killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw::argh::betrayed::despair::x

LmyCbrT.png

5LOtmXo.png

Reach, July, Boxer, and Firebathero all competed in today's starleague qualifiers. What fucking year is it?

ofc none of them got through, but I imagine they'll try again tomorrow and the day after. Reach definitely has a shot at passing now that the scariest players have already qualified and so does July. Sadly not Boxer :'( :'( :'(

MilesBeyond

Cipher
fyi for anybody who missed it: Last night's games were awesome. Especially both of Bisu's games.

Oh baby hell yes. Man the hell people whining about the art style. I don't like the remastered art as much as I liked the original but the art style is like a fraction of a percent of what made Starcraft great. Bisu wrecking shit with god level Dragoon micro is what we should be focusing on here. That shit was insane.

Honestly I think the complaints about art all seem to centre around splash art and a few of the portraits. From people like myself who're on this hype train to watch the tournaments and (when they get some actual fucking time) play on the ladder, the actual game itself looks exactly how it should. At a glance I seriously can't even tell I'm looking at a different game, and that's the way a remaster is supposed to be.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I never complained about the ingame graphics itself, they look exactly as they should and Blizz did a masterful job, gotta hand it to them. Some of the portraits and the artwork are fucked up though.

so did they remaster the videos or do I have to spend 20 euros just for some reworked units graphics?

so did they remaster the videos or do I have to spend 20 euros just for some reworked units graphics?
The non-remastered game is free if you're so horrifically unemployed that you can't afford $20 euros. The only thing you miss out on is matchmaking and ladders. The cut-scenes are a little clearer, though. They must have had access to the original renders before they were compressed to fit on a CD.

okay thanks for the heads up.

It's not about being poor, more about checking what kind of effort they put into it. And to me 20 euros for that is not that worth it unless, as you said, I was interested into the ladder and matchmaking, but even in that case I would remark that I could bet they just copy pasted sc2's code and had to do 0 work.

Whatever..

they were targeted to me, but after what I saw from Blizzard I just quit altogether.

I played both WoL and Hots and and I was grandmaster there with terran. But they couldn't handle the fairness in the balance in any meaningful way and the game became unbalanced to the maximum (see the infestor broodlord strategy in Wol) to frustrating (especially against protoss in hots).

Sometimes I think about the fact that I should buy sc to play the ladder there too, but I'm honestly too scared about the steps blizzard is intending to take. Will they balance it too, or will they leave it to the map makers, as it always was?

I wouldn't bet on them one euro. Sorry, and I say that as someone that was really passionate about rts.

The entire point of the Remaster is to leave the game exactly how it is. The dev team has acknowledged that the game has perfect balance and that they won't change a single thing, not even the selection limits or dragoon pathing. Blizzard has already taken all of the steps they intended to take outside of ladder implementation (still waiting for 2v2 matchmaking and ladder tiers)

You must be late to this thread.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The entire point of the Remaster is to leave the game exactly how it is. The dev team has acknowledged that the game has perfect balance and that they won't change a single thing, not even the selection limits or dragoon pathing. Blizzard has already taken all of the steps they intended to take outside of ladder implementation (still waiting for 2v2 matchmaking and ladder tiers)

You must be late to this thread.
And now people report that Dragoon stop bug is happening more often than before and that some other units are also having these problems. Maybe leaving things exactly as before is not that great of an idea.

The entire point of the Remaster is to leave the game exactly how it is.

Even if their are honest in their intent doesn't necessarily mean they aren't going to fuck it up.
If they fuck it up, it's definitely not going to be by bringing about PatchZerg 2.0 or anything.

Keep in mind, the game's already out, so unless they fix a bug in the next patch and then accidentally introduce a new bug that results in a BSOD on starting the game, I'm not sure what they can do to mess things up.

mwnn85

Savant
The old offline installers for most Blizzard games are still accessible - if one wants to avoid using Blizzard's launcher or online installers.

English (UK), Windows.

Diablo 2 (1.14b)
http://www.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=D2DV&locale=en-GB&os=WIN

Diablo 2 LOD (1.14b) (followed by LODPatch_114d.exe)
http://www.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=D2XP&locale=en-GB&os=WIN

Warcraft 3 (1.27)
https://eu.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=WAR3&locale=en-GB&os=WIN

Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne (1.27) (followed by War3TFT_127b_English.exe)
http://www.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=W3XP&locale=en-GB&os=WIN

Warcraft 3 latest version is v1.28.5. Only available through the new online only installer!

Starcraft + Brood War (1.15.2)
https://eu.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=STAR&locale=en-GB&os=WIN

Language Codes
en-GB (UK English)
en-US
de-DE (German)
es-ES (Spanish)
fr-FR (French)
it-IT (Italian)
ko-KR (Korean)
pl-PL (Polish)
zh-TW (Taiwanese)

Platform
WIN
MAC

You still need a serial key to install/play.
Starcraft is almost a 7GB download now that they've bundled classic and remastered together.
Plus I have to stare at a big advert on the main menu for Remastered.
:decline:

Last edited:

mwnn85

Savant
Completely forgot to mention the Starcraft 1.16.1 update or the never released 1.17 update - not played it for so long.
Not a fan of having to stare at this, having to be constantly online through the launcher and having to download 6-7 times the data each time I install.

Keeping the old offline installer on my NAS.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom