Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News StarCrawlers Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Juggernaut Games; StarCrawlers

Juggernaut Games' turn-based sci-fi blobber StarCrawlers was released out of Early Access today, a brief delay from the date announced last month. Thus ends the journey that began on Kickstarter way back in February 2014. Here's the game's snazzy launch trailer and a celebratory announcement post:

3... 2... 1... LAUNCH

We’re happy to announce that StarCrawlers v1.0 is live! First of all, an absolutely massive THANK YOU to everyone who particpated in Early Access. If you reported a bug, suggested a feature or change, or even vented some frustration - you helped make the game better. Even if you just played and enjoyed (or didn't!) - your support helped make StarCrawlers happen. Early Access experiences can vary wildly - thank you for making this a positive one.

That's great! What’s Next for StarCrawlers?

Whoa! Slow down... I literally just pushed the launch button... We are committed to supporting the game from here on out - routine bug fix and improvement patches will be made and we would love to expand the experience with core content updates and even DLC, depending on demand. We'll keep in touch with regular updates to let you know the state of the game and how things are looking for expansion!

I’m a Backer! How do I get my gear?

If you backed on Kickstarter, your reward gear can be obtained by visiting the Black Market - select “I need to tell you something...”, and enter your Steam Key in the dialogue box. To get your key, simply head to the backerkit page, login to your account, and select “Digital Downloads”.

Now, stop reading this and
GO PLAY STARCRAWLERS!

<3,
Juggernaut Games
Ps. We escaped Early Access guys!​

Another oldschool RPG is born into the world. Good luck guys! StarCrawlers is available now on Steam and GOG for the price of $20, with a hefty 25% launch discount until next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I can't even remember the last time a scifi blobber was released.

Played two hours tonight. Good fun.

First impressions:
-CharGen is not bad. 7 different classes + a fair amount of choices to make right off the bat. I'm still pretty skeptical about those skill trees and their obvious ARPG design influences, but it at least looks like there's a fair amount of viable builds present.
-Combat system has some potential. Definitely not as complex as Wizardry, but a significant step up from M&M.
-Setting is minimal, but decently developed so far.
-Economy is so far fairly well balanced (very early game still, obviously).
-Game is on the whole too easy. I'm playing on second highest difficulty. Had one TPK, but I only had two chars. Next go-round I added two more 'crawlers' to the party and absolutely steam-rolled a mission of the same difficulty.
-I strongly dislike how the exploration elements of the game are basically relegated to freelook (from what I've seen secrets are almost entirely reliant upon using freelook to examine strange areas of the grid).
-Itemization is too WoWinspired. Also the inventory UI is missing some obvious quality of life improvements.
-Character/monster art design is pretty bad, and enemies lack variety.

All those complaints aside, I really enjoyed the two hours I spent with it and wish I didn't have to be at work quite so early tomorrow because of it.

It's a TB sci-fi blobber. If that gets you even the slightest bit hard then you should go buy this game today.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Highly recommend if you like dungeon crawlers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom