Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Discovery Queue filtering. What's yours?

DramaticPopcorn

This is mine atm:

TXaKPR2.png

What else to block? Currently, all I'm getting is shit indie puzzles and platformers

Tom Selleck

Arcane
There's a limit to the filters you can place, or at least there was when I did it, so I stopped using it because I realized what fucking secret shit was I going to uncover randomly any way without checking the Internet's most prestigious gaming forum.

NeoGaf, of course.

Bazinga!

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Is anyone that starved for shit gaymes as to shuffle through crap recommendations? I have a backlog of classics even... And if I want a genre meal I'll find one.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Currently my list sits at:

Anime
Clicker
Dating Sim
Free To Play
Games Workshop
Hidden Object
Massively Multiplayer
MMORPG
Romance
Survival
Survival Horror
Tower Defense
Visual Novel
VR
Walking Simulator

There are a few that I'm on the fence on, but this is a good starter to filter out the crap of Steam.

Severian Silk

Steam didn't suggest anything good that I hadn't already put on my wishlist.

Beowulf

Arcane
+1 for effort, but I rarely get that bored, that I look at steam store page, not to mention this "Discovery Queue".

I just add some games to my wishlist and ignore everything else.
Same here. Also, some games are not released on steam, or the steam release has more limitations (like Silent Hunter V for a long time).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom