Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Special - Ark: Survival Evolved worth it?

Iri

Educated
I really want this game to kick ass. However I know that it prolly cant be as cool as Im thinking it oughtta be. Dinos? Stoned-Age Crafting? Pooping? Check. I want to believe.

Dont play MMO's so I have no idea what Im getting into. Last I tried was UO on a geek server. Im a fekkin old geek.
Was shamefully thinking of that FarCry dino game because I cant be
  • :whatho:
all the time.

Mostly I wanna play any kind of shooter that reminds me of Rainbow 6. Don't know shit about multiplayer and am a recent Steam multiplayer convert (never could get the BG games to run on gog without hours wasted) but am in the dark. If not this dino game what is a cheap and cool multiplayer?
Thanks Dex.

thesoup

Arcane
Yes, it's worth it. Ark is awesome in many, many ways. Bruticis has his server, I haven't played in ages because of reasons, (but hopefully I will be back in Ark soon; this month if Allah wills it), so pester evdk or CreamyBlood if you want in.
To sum it up, if you ever wanted to ride dinos as a kid and cried disappointingly because the zoo you went to didn't house any dinosaurs, this will be your dream game.

Cheap and good (mainly co-op since you'll be hard pressed to find active servers these days) mp shooter: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. It's deus ex (original, non popamole) on LSD. It also has a cult status here.

If you want cheap versus mp that actually has people playing it, try Unreal Tournament 4; it's free, though still in Alpha.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I've been playing it recently myself, and it's a very solid game. They not only managed to pull off the basic survival/building gameplay games like Reign of Kings and Rust and so on fuck up so badly with awful balance or shitty controls/interface/mechanics etc. but the dinosaurs are actually an excellent addition to the game, serving many useful purposes and having deep mechanics concerning their stats and how to tame and breed them.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's banal shit boring.
Y6cmcTH.jpg

Iri

Educated
Hmmm... I think Im gonna sit out this sale and wait for it when its cheaper. I cant kill time on banal boring shit.
Thanks dewds. Praise be to Allah.

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
It's a great game. You're welcome to play on our server, CDS Playground. It's mostly PvE right now but anything goes. Join Codex Diversity Group chat for password, or ask evdk or soup or me or somebody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom