Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stop sending Volourn's thread to retardoland

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well fuck my ass and call me Sally! I did mispell my own internet name. Well, that's what happens late at night after a bj from a stripper. (yes, a female one).

Excalibur

Liturgist
Major_Blackhart said:
Well fuck my ass and call me Sally! I did mispell my own internet name. Well, that's what happens late at night after a bj from a stripper. (yes, a female one).

so ur saying i can fuck ur ass, and call you sally eh? those are dangerous words around these here parts boy!

Avé

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
Hardly thanks to him? He made the whole fucking sites and still funds it out of his own pocket. Wake the fuck up.
The only reason co8 isnt another dead site, is because of the actual ToEE modders.

It doesnt matter if a site has a pretty portal/skin, if it doesnt have a purpose it will die(or do you think rpgcodex would cease to exist if it lost the portal part and just used phpBB with default skin?).

p.s., for years co8's site was phpBB with the default skin(wasnt the custom one fucked for a while?), WOW THATS SO HARD IT TAKES 2 MINUTES TO SETUP. Now it's a vbulletin with vbadvanced portal, so how has "he made the whole fucking sites"?

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
He puts money into it, thus keeping it alive. If he didn't support it, then all points would be moot. No funding, no dice.

Avé

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
He puts money into it, thus keeping it alive. If he didn't support it, then all points would be moot. No funding, no dice.
Shit, it costs like $40 a year to host just a forum, can get it cheaper if you dont mind ad's or 1gb/month bandwidth limits.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
It saddens me deeply to see once again, how :monocle: the discussions in ye good olde times were compared to the NeoCodex

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
VentilatorOfDoom said:
It saddens me deeply to see once again, how :monocle: the discussions in ye good olde times were compared to the NeoCodex

Yeah..VERY :monocle: indeed.... :roll: You weren't even around back then 'newishfag' so why the wistful reminiscing of a past that never was for you?

From what I've seen of old threads, 90% were shit or banal obvious truths with a handful of great threads. Not much different from today(percentage of crap went up a bit more).

Just as with gaming, people tend to remember only the good things in the past and ignore the shit, making it look more rosy and ideal than it was.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Just as with gaming, people tend to remember only the good things in the past and ignore the shit
Three words: Fountain of Dreams :smug:

Oh, and Codename Iceman. Probably the shittiest Sierra adventure of that era. I would LP this one just to show the young'uns here that 1989 also had its fair share of turds, but there's no way I'm putting up with that POS again.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
commie said:
Just as with gaming, people tend to remember only the good things in the past and ignore the shit
Three words: Fountain of Dreams :smug:

Oh, and Codename Iceman. Probably the shittiest Sierra adventure of that era. I would LP this one just to show the young'uns here that 1989 also had its fair share of turds, but there's no way I'm putting up with that POS again.

Ha I have my very own copy of FOD still. he he he..never got far into it.

Codename Iceman, now THAT was a fucker. I must have died a billion times(ok exaggeration) with the Soviet destroyer sequence and the dozens of places before that. Not to mention all the other shit design decisions in that game. The crappy flag waving propaganda of that game (even though I wasn't a commie back then) only added to its crappiness(only Cinemaware's SDI on the Amiga was worse in that regard).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom