Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Agreed, nothing wrong with the pitch at all! Backed. Good luck, your target seems realistic enough.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
sharp suits.

The jacket lengths seem to be way off on most of them, especially the guy with the full french cuffs showing :lol:

J.SleeveLength_cAOMRMRS_400.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Let's just hope that the Underrail devs don't have the KS shut down due to copyright claims.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
sharp suits.

The jacket lengths seem to be way off on most of them, especially the guy with the full french cuffs showing :lol:

J.SleeveLength_cAOMRMRS_400.jpg

While not as ubiquitous as it was a couple years ago, fashion is still hospitable to the outgrown jacket look. In youth orientated industries/cities (video games/Istanbul) it is one way to counter the perceptions of stodginess associated with wearing suits.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Stygian has now officially surpassed Copper Dreams in the total number of backers.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Reading through the reward matrix i do question the wisdom of including physical items, dont these tend to be a huge pain costwise (manufacturing, shipping)? (The figurines look decent though, and the cultist robe might be usable as casual friday attire).

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Greetings Zombra.

Thank you for bringinng up this important issue once again. For players who want to use shortcuts, there will be an extensive shortcut system that triggers nearly all of your basic actions like look, examine, investigate, attack, skill use, inventory view, character sheet view, combat manoeuvres etc. You won't have to use the right click radial menu at all if you do not want to use it.

Hey Scrawled, best of luck.

There was a question upthread that didn't get addressed: some here don't like radial menus. Will the radial menu be the only way to issue commands, or will you have robust keyboard input as well?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
Small KS update was posted, just highlighting the solid start, at 21k now. So 55k should be within reach with 28 days to go (?).

---

Arcane
Didn't know this project, I fell in love instantly. They have already 29k (and a lot of days remaining), they will surely reach the goal :brodex:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Regarding the art direction, it's more than a little bit "indie-y" (particularly when coupled with their current animations), and it's fairly obvious why some people might not like it.

Yet the character portraits in the video suggest to me that the artist is highly skilled. People are the hardest subjects to draw, harder even than animals; we ARE people, after all, so we're cued in to the most minute details of a person's posture, facial structure, proportions, et cetera.

The portraits in the video are far above DeviantART-tier (though an elite few DeviantART users are consummate experts), and frankly are a lot better than PoE's portraits, for example.

The art style and direction are appealing to me (perhaps not my ideal choice, but certainly not unappealing). So, in terms of art and atmosphere thereof, I like what I see.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698219403/stygian-a-lovecraftian-computer-rpg/posts/1595434

Introducing ANGST

Greetings fellow Arkham Residents!

We're proud to introduce a game system unique to our game and it is called ANGST.

In Stygian, choosing the moral or the mutually beneficial path is sometimes the toughest. You may want to rescue a friend from the clutches of the Cult but trying that may mean suicide or in another case you'll lose the poor kid who follows you blindly into the oblivion. Stygian rarely offers safe passages or happy endings. From the beginning, one of our goals was exploring the concepts of loss and sacrifice. On your journey you'll be losing things one by one, your comrades, your sanity and your moral values.

2ba1f244b0658138ef855637337741cc_original.png

This reflects to the mechanics as "ANGST" system in Stygian. Your pain and despair collects like a sort of black experience throughout the game and with ANGST you gain access to unique perks like Masochism which allows you to gain small amounts of Sanity whenever you receive a certain amount of damage or Ill-tempered which allows you to gain more ANGST whenever you mistreat a friendly character in a dialogue.

You'll also be collecting small amounts of ANGST whenever you take a critical hit, develop a mental condition or bleed for a certain period of time etc. ANGST opens new doors to some very interesting choices for the player to consider.

---

Arcane
The more I see of this game, the more I'm pleased.
I'm still not completely sold about the combat (never played a HoMM, sorry :)), but from the descriptions I assume that the non-combat gameplay will be still very deep and important (thanks to God Chtulhu, I have had enough of RPGs which are either plenty of massive wall of texts or are completely voted to non-stop trash combat).
I really hope that the game will be completely funded :greatjob:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Judging by the pretty good start, the pitch works.
I'd say it works in spite of the pitch, not because of it. Case in point: myself. I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole pitch, but after looking into the game I'm actually really interested. I was also really interested in Cyclopean at the time as well and was pretty bummed when it got cancelled. So I'm definitely following this. But I still think the pitch is pretty bad.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I haven't even watched the pledge video. Pledged immediately based on the the few videos and pictures (and communication) they shared here with us. :cool:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't even watched the pledge video. Pledged immediately based on the the few videos and pictures (and communication) they shared here with us. :cool:
Watch the pitch if you have a few minutes to kill ... unless you have something against nerds having fun.

Got bored and left

I don't have the cash to back yet, but I'll definetely get around to it towards the end of the campaign. Having watched this thread from the beginning, I'm really hopeful for the game. And the pitch video is just adorable :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom