Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
"You will feel despair."

dpfFCTT.gif

"SLEEP NO MORE."

http://www.stygianthegame.com

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
This could be great! (but then again everything HPL related has my interest).

Will keep an eye out for the KS, good luck.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Nameless Soldier will be among the most eccentric of your companions. He is a lost soul who was re-animated at the hands of Dr. Herbert West during the World War I. Nameless Soldier is doomed to re-live the hell of the front-lines in his trapped mind. He is proficient with firearms and more enduring than the most physically advanced player characters. Sadly, he has a tendency to re-live his memories and lose control of himself in battle.

140faqf.jpg

"SLEEP NO MORE."

lightbane

Arcane
Nameless Soldier will be among the most eccentric of your companions. He is a lost soul who was re-animated at the hands of Dr. Herbert West during the World War I. Nameless Soldier is doomed to re-live the hell of the front-lines in his trapped mind. He is proficient with firearms and more enduring than the most physically advanced player characters. Sadly, he has a tendency to re-live his memories and lose control of himself in battle.

Cool, another of The Nameless One's incarnations a playable zombie! I wonder how will he interact with the other party members. Also, I kinda would like to have said Dr. West himself in the party.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
We'd like to share some of our influences on Stygian. These books and games are what we call designer protein. We hope you got a taste for an elegant turkish carpet as well.

Note: After the decision of creating Stygian, no designer opened the cover of CoC role playing game in order to separate our vision from Chaosium's. The book is over there just to show our respect. Stygian project travels back to the roots and is solely influenced by the works of H.P.L. himself when it comes to Mythos territory.

mv9pMal.jpg

"SLEEP NO MORE."

lightbane

Arcane
Note: After the decision of creating Stygian, no designer opened the cover of CoC role playing game in order to separate our vision from Chaosium's
Good thing. Chaosium is quite schizophrenic about the Mythos (and in spite of the rules trying to make everything lethal and hopeless, you still can totally go around and gun down everything with a Thompson machine-gun). Be careful you don't go full retard/grimderp like White Wolf though. Instead, you're probably going to take Cthulhutech as your main inspiration. Right?
:troll:

Wraith? Now, I KNOW none of you played that game because no one played Wraith.

I thought that was Promethean: the Created. Another rpg that desperately needs a videogame (like NChangeling, the Mages, the Demons... Basically many of WW products).

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Here's the “Criminal” archetype;

*The character is a hired gun for a mafia boss. The last stop on a long night of collecting tribute was a nightclub which is known for its patrons’ rather peculiar taste for entertainment.
*Subterfuge, firearms and stealth skills will be able to reach the maximum level.
*A character with crime background gains more money from stealing and have unique dialogue options with NPCs from the same background.

8bldt6m.jpg

"SLEEP NO MORE."

Skall

Learned
NEW CHARACTER ANIMATION!!!

I like most of the art I've seen so far, but this looks just terrible, like from a cheap 3d adventure that came out en mass a few years ago, would prefer more traditional 2d animation 1000 times over this

I agree, although I think the effect is minimized by how zoomed-out the characters appear in the screenshots.

Prime Junta

Damn I'm really digging the art. If the story and gameplay are half as good this is going to be golden.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Here's the "Performer" archetype;

*The character is an actress/actor for a wandering drama troupee. After arriving in Arkham, a wealthy woman asked for a private performance in her own mansion. How can you refuse such a deep admirer of theater?
*Speechcraft, athletics and stealth skills will be able to reach the maximum level.
*A character with performance background increases the morale of companions and have unique dialog options with npc's from the same background.

xHFLutE.png

"SLEEP NO MORE."

agris

Arcane
Patron
Scrawled Not in the same league as Academician but Performer also sounds a bit.. stiff, a bit as if whoever picked it did not speak english as a first language. Actor, dancer, thespian all sound better than Performer in my opinion.

lightbane

Arcane
The latest character seems a bit out of place, but I guess the Criminal and the Soldier can take care of Deep One mobs, while she does the talking.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Some folks say that she is from a land called Ulthar.
Some say that she was once human, now trapped in a cat's body.
Only Dusky knows the truth and she likes to keep it to herself.
The important thing is that you'll obey her when she desires your submission.
You'll love her, so that she
may like you in return.

2P8L7kB.jpg

Dusky will be able to join your party and can help your cause greatly with her psychic powers, but if you do have to refuse her, may God help you....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom