Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Subforum in Strategy Gaming for ongoing MP games

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some fool very nice moderator merged the different Dominions 4 threads in the strategy forum.

While I understand that those threads (7 or so for the same game) were cluttering the strategy forum, merging them was the worst possible action, just look at this mess:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-season-2-submit-your-turn-muty.96285/page-79

Each different ongoing game really does need its own thread for diplo, vocal rampages, requests, OP for links/names/nations, etc.

So the suggestion is to create a subforum in the strategy forum for these things.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe the Playground could be repurposed to be for both LPs and multiplaying.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Solid plan, but may run into the same problem, of 6-7 Dominion threads blotting out the LPs, especially for newcomers who won't be able to distinguish MP and LP threads easily.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I see no reason why strategy cant have its own mp subforum, after all we had the same situation with EU4 multiplayer. Many problems - one solution.

One could even say final solution.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Let me suggest a compromise that'll please everyone:

1) Move MP game threads (Dominion, Bloodbowl etc) to Playground
2) Ban tyrannosaurus rex

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about a subsection within Playground for MP games (no matter if strategy or not)?
That way they would not clutter the Let's Plays and whatever else is there. Or the other way around.

I don't care that much about exact details, but Dominions threads do need a place where they can live in peace and without fear.

(This was a stealth brofist to thesheep)

Whiran

Magister
As an innocent bystander and avid lurker of all of the Dominions play threads I wholeheartedly would like to see a sub-forum off of Strategy games for current on-going games.

I think that is the logical and easiest location for such a thing.

I already miss my Dominions 4 drama :(

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
*I thought mega thread merging was ding dong bannu by DarkUnderlord ?

Zep--
*I don't read that forum so gas all those jews.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I put a new subforum under the MMO Board.
Please also move the dom4 thread there and undo the merger.

Merges can't be undone. Find an archive of the original threads, save it, and get a moderator to disassemble the merged thread back into its component parts. :M
Really? There's no way for admins to quickly revert changes made by an incompetent mod?

I always thought there was a revert button or some shit, so that DU wouldn't have too much trouble if someone tried to LARP Mama's Gang.

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I put a new subforum under the MMO Board.
Please also move the dom4 thread there and undo the merger.

Merges can't be undone. Find an archive of the original threads, save it, and get a moderator to disassemble the merged thread back into its component parts. :M
Really? There's no way for admins to quickly revert changes made by an incompetent mod?

I always thought there was a revert button or some shit, so that DU wouldn't have too much trouble if someone tried to LARP Mama's Gang.

Well, the DarkOne forbade it being done, How is this still even an issue?

Zep--

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Mistakes were made. Lives were lost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom