Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion: lulz button

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
now every second post is getting shittons of ratings that don't even have anything to do with the actual content because ololol funneh.
So far I've really only seen that in this thread. Everywhere else people seem to be using it properly - or as properly as they used brofists.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
now every second post is getting shittons of ratings that don't even have anything to do with the actual content because ololol funneh.
So far I've really only seen that in this thread. Everywhere else people seem to be using it properly - or as properly as they used brofists.
Look at my received ratings list:D. That shit is hillarious!:drink:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Micmu is also abusing this feature. He was also rude to me in my thread about NWN's cut plot, so I say you nuke the motherfucker :smug:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

So why thread about :obviously: RPG game "Inquisitor'' get hitlers? not one Joo or Nigga in entire game. :decline:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This is even worse than that time when we were all juat numbers.
I dont even understand most of these buttons, 3 of my posts in the Inquisitor thread got tagged "racist" and I dont even know what for. Oh well, still only use good old brofist, retards gonna retard.

Revenant

Damn, guys, you are retarded. We are pointing out the flaws of the system by abusing it.

There is nothing wrong with brofists (although whether they are really necessary is a matter of debate). They are the ONLY necessary acknowlegments because there is simply no point to make a reply that says "I agree with you, well said". All the negative "achievements" are better expressed through arguments by replying to the thread, therefore they are unnecessary.

People think before brofisting because it is a positive acknowledgement; however, given the level of assholery present on the Codex negative acknowledgements will become abused sooner or later. It's always tempting to shout "you suck", even more so when there is a statistic of positive/negative acknowledgements.

canakin

Cipher
Revenant

You guys are the heroes codex deserves but doesn't need right now, I say let the Watch sort 'em out.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Damn, guys, you are retarded. We are pointing out the flaws of the system by abusing it.

There is nothing wrong with brofists (although whether they are really necessary is a matter of debate). They are the ONLY necessary acknowlegments because there is simply no point to make a reply that says "I agree with you, well said". All the negative "achievements" are better expressed through arguments by replying to the thread, therefore they are unnecessary.

People think before brofisting because it is a positive acknowledgement; however, given the level of assholery present on the Codex negative acknowledgements will become abused sooner or later. It's always tempting to shout "you suck", even more so when there is a statistic of positive/negative acknowledgements.
I don't agree with the concept that negative acknowledgements are useless. Just like it's superfluous to just post "I agree with you, well said", it's superfluous to post "I don't agree with you, but we're still civil" or to post "I don't agree with you, and you're beyond reasoning with so I'll just consider you a retard and get on with my life" (which is the way it usually goes with HHR, Lyric Suite and other GD superstars).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom