Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sullynathan thinks GTA5 was the best GTA game, DISCUSS!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
GTA 5 might be good if you like dicking around in multiplayer, but the single player was really boring and shitty. There is a mission where you mop floors... and it expected me to tow abandoned vehicles and keep repeating it over and over. FUCK THAT SHIT. Fuck any game that expects me to do anything even close to that boring. San Andreas had nothing that bad. Even GTA4 wasn't that bad, if you ignored the constant calls to go bowling.

Even GTA4 wasn't that bad, if you ignored the constant calls to go bowling.

And the most miserable sad sack protagonist of the series. For fuck's sake he even complained when doing it with prostitutes.

"I need to go somewhere desolate for an act as lonely as this."

"Get it over with."

"Thank god my mother cannot see me now."

"What has become of me."

"Life is really empty."

sullynathan

Arcane
GTA 5 might be good if you like dicking around in multiplayer, but the single player was really boring and shitty. There is a mission where you mop floors... and it expected me to tow abandoned vehicles and keep repeating it over and over. FUCK THAT SHIT. Fuck any game that expects me to do anything even close to that boring. San Andreas had nothing that bad. Even GTA4 wasn't that bad, if you ignored the constant calls to go bowling.
What mission did you have to mop floors because I don't remember that. San Andreas had the flight missions which were terrible.
The abandoned tow truck missions were a side mission.

Gta 4 is that bad, no matter how much you want to convince yourself otherwise.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Nothing is as bad as GTA5. I mean, maybe Assassins Creed 52 is but I wouldn't know, but GTA4 certainly isn't as bad as 5. That's not to say GTA4 is in any way ok, it is shit, but GTA5 is stale shit. The floor mopping was one of the last missions in the main quest where you have to break into an office building dressed as a janitor and you have to mop floors in each room. And if "side mission" is an excuse for being terrible, they shouldn't have them.

I dunno, San Andreas had a fully functional tow truck as well that you could completely ignore, and the Trucking missions weren't exactly works of art. Not every activity in a game is a winner.

sullynathan

Arcane
The floor mopping was one of the last missions in the main quest where you have to break into an office building dressed as a janitor and you have to mop floors in each room. And if "side mission" is an excuse for being terrible, they shouldn't have them.
So you're talking about one of the optional parts of the heist missions? You're retarded, you didn't have to choose that path if you didn't want to.

Nothing is as bad as GTA5. I mean, maybe Assassins Creed 52 is but I wouldn't know, but GTA4 certainly isn't as bad as 5. That's not to say GTA4 is in any way ok, it is shit, but GTA5 is stale shit.
I'll repeat. GTA V is the best GTA game. Everything San Andreas did that exists in GTA V is better in GTA V.

I dunno, San Andreas had a fully functional tow truck as well that you could completely ignore, and the Trucking missions weren't exactly works of art. Not every activity in a game is a winner.
pretty much, both San Andreas and GTA V had optional truck missions. I don't know why anvi is acting like you were required to do that.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It isn't optional or I wouldn't have done it. And GTA5 is garbage, boring driving back and forth, can't remember a single good shoot out. Shitty characters, shitty missions. San Andreas was WAY better, so was Ballad of Gay Tony from GTA4. There are even parts from Mafia 2 I can remember and that was a lot longer ago.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
But why even have it? It is like meal on a plate with a turd on the side. It is also optional but it is still a turd on your plate.

sullynathan

Arcane
It isn't optional or I wouldn't have done it.
It is optional because I didn't do it.:smug:

And GTA5 is garbage, boring driving back and forth, can't remember a single good shoot out. Shitty characters, shitty missions. San Andreas was WAY better, so was Ballad of Gay Tony from GTA4. There are even parts from Mafia 2 I can remember and that was a lot longer ago.
you know you're wrong when you can't say why

But why even have it? It is like meal on a plate with a turd on the side. It is also optional but it is still a turd on your plate.

Some people like that kind of stuff. Did you enjoy the old taxi side-missions? I didn't, but a lot of people were bummed when they went away. In the games they were present...I didn't do them. I ignored the prompts and drove that jacked taxi to where I wanted to go.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It isn't optional or I wouldn't have done it.
It is optional because I didn't do it.:smug:
Yeah but once you decide which path you are going to take at the whiteboard, that's the path you are on, and there is a long list of chores to setup that mission so finding an old savegame and making a different choice would take ages. And there is no guarantee it would be any better.

you know you're wrong when you can't say why
I said why, it has shitty characters and missions, worse than the previous game and much worse than one from 11 years ago. I hated the crazy guy, he was a psychotic scumbag and I didn't want to do anything as him other than drive him off a cliff. I hated the black guy, he was a piece of shit. The rich guy was ok, but the game was just so boring. They don't even know what game they are trying to make. It is far from realistic yet not fun enough to be fun. It wants to be one part Sopranos and one part Saints Row, but the two things aren't compatible so it fails at both. I had WAY more fun in Saints Row 4, flying around the city and big battles and those jumping missions were fun. That game is 10 times better than GTA5.

Also the "its optional!" thing is the worst excuse ever. How am I supposed to know a mission is going to boring bullshit without actually starting it? Mopping floors or towing an abandoned car or going shopping or whatever else, shouldn't even exist in a game like that.

Some people like that kind of stuff. Did you enjoy the old taxi side-missions? I didn't, but a lot of people were bummed when they went away. In the games they were present...I didn't do them. I ignored the prompts and drove that jacked taxi to where I wanted to go.
Some people also enjoy The Sims and Minecraft. Those people have no business influencing gaming. I've never done a taxi mission, on principle. I want car chases, huge explosions, rocket launchers, jet packs, helicopter gunships, skydiving onto skyscrapers to rob them etc. If it can't deliver fun and memorable missions there is no point it even existing, that is its one job.

Some people also enjoy The Sims and Minecraft. Those people have no business influencing gaming. I've never done a taxi mission, on principle. I want car chases, huge explosions, rocket launchers, jet packs, helicopter gunships, skydiving onto skyscrapers to rob them etc. If it can't deliver fun and memorable missions there is no point it even existing, that is its one job.

There's never a game design that satisfies everyone. I miss the RPG elements in CJ's adventure, but a metric crap ton of people complained about it.

sullynathan

Arcane
I want car chases, huge explosions, rocket launchers, jet packs, helicopter gunships, skydiving onto skyscrapers to rob them etc.
You would love GTA V then.

Also the "its optional!" thing is the worst excuse ever. How am I supposed to know a mission is going to boring bullshit without actually starting it? Mopping floors or towing an abandoned car or going shopping or whatever else, shouldn't even exist in a game like that.
If I remember correctly they give you a mission brief before the mission and even tell you that you guys will sneak there as cleaners. Are you retarded?

I said why, it has shitty characters and missions, worse than the previous game and much worse than one from 11 years ago. I hated the crazy guy, he was a psychotic scumbag and I didn't want to do anything as him other than drive him off a cliff. I hated the black guy, he was a piece of shit. The rich guy was ok, but the game was just so boring. They don't even know what game they are trying to make. It is far from realistic yet not fun enough to be fun. It wants to be one part Sopranos and one part Saints Row, but the two things aren't compatible so it fails at both. I had WAY more fun in Saints Row 4, flying around the city and big battles and those jumping missions were fun. That game is 10 times better than GTA5.
No it is GTA, and not trying to be anything else. You didn't have fun in flying in Saints row 4, all the jumping missions were the same.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I want car chases, huge explosions, rocket launchers, jet packs, helicopter gunships, skydiving onto skyscrapers to rob them etc.
You would love GTA V then.
Clearly not, it maybe has most of those things in the game but it uses none of them in missions. Because it is super bad.

If I remember correctly they give you a mission brief before the mission and even tell you that you guys will sneak there as cleaners. Are you retarded?
When a game says you are going to sneak into a hiest dressed as cleaners, you don't expect it to make you actually mop floors.... Are you retarded?!?!?!

No it is GTA, and not trying to be anything else. You didn't have fun in flying in Saints row 4, all the jumping missions were the same.
They were all the same, fun. As was flying around the city like Superman, as was the intense battles against big groups of bad guys or those massive creature things. As were the missions where you get to wear one of those robotic suits. As was the whole game. GTA 5 was all the same, boring and half assed, mass produced crap for dude bro teenagers on xboxes who have no standards or frame of reference.

sullynathan

Arcane
Clearly not, it maybe has most of those things in the game but it uses none of them in missions. Because it is super bad.
it did

When a game says you are going to sneak into a hiest dressed as cleaners, you don't expect it to make you actually mop floors.... Are you retarded?!?!?!
what the fuck did you expect?:lol:

They were all the same, fun. As was flying around the city like Superman, as was the intense battles against big groups of bad guys or those massive creature things. As were the missions where you get to wear one of those robotic suits. As was the whole game. GTA 5 was all the same, boring and half assed, mass produced crap for dude bro teenagers on xboxes who have no standards or frame of reference.
they weren't fun after the first time

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I expect to walk in past the security because they think I'm a janitor, then I go upstairs and plant bombs or something and shoot out the windows, escape with a parachute or jetpack and land in a speedboat. That's how it would work in world that isn't full of zero standards retards.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
San Andreas was WAY better, so was Ballad of Gay Tony from GTA4.
Why do people like The Ballad of Gay Tony again? I'm asking because I honestly can't remember a single thing about it aside from the fact that there was a nightclub somewhere. For some reason even The Lost and Damned has stayed fresher in my memory, and it kind of sucked.

GTA V was a notable step up from IV because it replaced the whiny main character with honest psychopats and had much more interesting missions instead of just the endless cover shooting of IV. Actually even C.J. in San Andreas was already portrayed as a bit too much of a good guy, constantly crying after his own mother despite crushing a few dozen mothers with his car every day, which seemed out of place in GTA game. GTA V's characters have a bit more Vice City injected into them, and I liked that because Vice City is the best GTA — San Andreas might be the ultimate GTA in terms of the sheer amount of content and things to do, but Vice City is king because it has the coolest setting and the most memorable missions.

Still, it's a shame that they've never really deviated from the formula they established in GTA III, and by this point it has just gotten kind of old.

sullynathan

Arcane
Carrion The bar was set so low by gta 4 that anything that was actually fun became acceptable. That's why people like ballad of gay Tony

I expect to walk in past the security because they think I'm a janitor, then I go upstairs and plant bombs or something and shoot out the windows, escape with a parachute or jetpack and land in a speedboat. That's how it would work in world that isn't full of zero standards retards.
Yeah, and while you were thinking about that you forgot the goal of the mission was to steal something and you picked the stealthy route.

What a dumbass. :roll:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
But GTA4 was much better than GTA5.

Liberty City actually felt like a sprawling metropolis, compare that to the joke of nu Los Santos.

Mozg

Arcane
I have Diablo syndrome with GTA. I played GTA3 a good bit, then put it down and never thought about playing that genre again while tons of sequels and copycats were churned out.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
San Andreas was WAY better, so was Ballad of Gay Tony from GTA4.
Why do people like The Ballad of Gay Tony again? I'm asking because I honestly can't remember a single thing about it aside from the fact that there was a nightclub somewhere. For some reason even The Lost and Damned has stayed fresher in my memory, and it kind of sucked.
Maybe it depends what you want from the game. Personally I don't care about story or talking, I just want fun missions.

Carrion The bar was set so low by gta 4 that anything that was actually fun became acceptable. That's why people like ballad of gay Tony

Yeah, and while you were thinking about that you forgot the goal of the mission was to steal something and you picked the stealthy route.

What a dumbass. :roll:
Whatever I pick shouldn't be super boring and terrible gameplay. Your defence is really bad. I can't remember what the mission objective is now, but at the time I did whatever it wanted of me. The problem is that it was insultingly bad, and it was also one of the final missions in a game where I hadn't really enjoyed anything. Even the graphics sucked.

I have Diablo syndrome with GTA. I played GTA3 a good bit, then put it down and never thought about playing that genre again while tons of sequels and copycats were churned out.
San Andreas was fun because they added new things. All the others are worth skipping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom