Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sullynathan thinks GTA5 was the best GTA game, DISCUSS!

Higher Animal

Arcane
I liked Bully a lot, but I don't get why people like it more than normal GTA. It's literally GTA High School.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah storyline, missions and world design is kinda 'meh' in GTA 4 but it sucks that many, many little cool details didn't make their way to GTA 5.

I kept trying to explain to people many times that a lot of that awesome GTA V "optimization" is due to downgraded physics and animations. My CPU fan gets really loud playing GTA IV, that doesn't happen with V.

sullynathan

Arcane
I went back to playing lost and damned the other day and the game feels slow as hell and clunky.

I can ignore downgraded physics because gta 4 didn't use the physics for shit in its missions.

There's a video about the opposite showing things gta v has that 4 doesn't.

sullynathan

Arcane
I can ignore downgraded physics because gta 4 didn't use the physics for shit in its missions.

As a single player game V beats the shit out of IV, no doubt. But those physics were insanely fun in IV multiplayer.
By the time I got into gta 4 Multiplayer, the game didn't have many people and I hated the 5 minutes of death match that I played

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some people also enjoy The Sims and Minecraft. Those people have no business influencing gaming. I've never done a taxi mission, on principle. I want car chases, huge explosions, rocket launchers, jet packs, helicopter gunships, skydiving onto skyscrapers to rob them etc. If it can't deliver fun and memorable missions there is no point it even existing, that is its one job.
I don't understand, you downplay minecraft, yet you are interested in discussing GTAs.

As a side note: Roman sounds and feels like your regular e-european codexer.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Some people also enjoy The Sims and Minecraft. Those people have no business influencing gaming. I've never done a taxi mission, on principle. I want car chases, huge explosions, rocket launchers, jet packs, helicopter gunships, skydiving onto skyscrapers to rob them etc. If it can't deliver fun and memorable missions there is no point it even existing, that is its one job.
I don't understand, you downplay minecraft, yet you are interested in discussing GTAs.

As a side note: Roman sounds and feels like your regular e-european codexer.
I discuss how bad they are. I discuss how bad minecraft is. What don't you understand?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I discuss how bad they are.
But why? I don't discuss games I don't like one bit, waste of time.
Why do you only discuss things you like? Seems retarded. You are also discussing me, why is that worth your time? I loved San Andreas and also the 2d versions, and I loved a GTA4 DLC. But some I don't like and I explain why, cuz you know.. this is a discussion forum.

Next you tell me you don't like Legos.
The difference is that Lego achieved what they set out to do. Minecraft was inspired by stuff like Dwarf Fortress and he stopped miles short of actually turning it into some sort of game.

Saints Row 4

And? That game was great. GTA should learn from it. GTA started as a crazy 2d game where you run over lines of hare krishnas etc. and then it started taking itself seriously, but it didn't take its own gameplay seriously. Cops are braindead, missions are dumb without being fun, etc. It is a game that caters to the lower common denominator dudebox retard, all style, no substance, and I like to see it get called out for being the biggest budget game yet one of the crappest.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
anvi is an edgy teen who found the codex.
Or it could just be that you like everything because you have no standards, and hate that someone thinks the stuff you love is so crap. The fact is though, there are more people who don't play GTA than there are who do, so I'm not edgy, I'm in the majority.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
I discuss how bad they are.
But why? I don't discuss games I don't like one bit, waste of time.
Why do you only discuss things you like? Seems retarded. You are also discussing me, why is that worth your time?

Not exactly, I don't tend to discuss things I don't like at all, which is not the same as discussing only things I like - an example: I don't think there's much to gain discussing Nickelback, whereas there might be some poiint arguing over which 80s hairmetal band is the best and why, even if their music is not exactly to my liking.

When it comes to you, it just made me wonder, why someone would like Saints Row but not minecraft, I think it's as relevant as any discussion here, "cuz you know.. this is a discussion forum." And fair enough, you provided an argument why you what you like, albeit edgily.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
why someone would like Saints Row but not minecraft,
Have you even played Saints Row 4? It is a great game. Minecraft is barely even a game. You move bricks and build things for no reason.
TBH, I haven't - fwiw, I will try it next time it's for sale under 5 eur, solely based upon your recommendation.

RE: minecraft - I guess each to his own, I don't think every game has to have a underlying reason or motif to be enjoyable.

MasPingon

Arcane

Yeah storyline, missions and world design is kinda 'meh' in GTA 4 but it sucks that many, many little cool details didn't make their way to GTA 5.

Riding a car was much better in GTA 5, this comparison is ridiculous. GTA 4 was awful game, it's like Max Payne 3 of the series. What kind of hipster you got to be to prise 4 over 5, I don't even.

Last edited:

Dux

Arcane
I liked GTA V initially. Trevor seemed to have some depth to him and was fairly entertaining. Then he became a whiny little bitch just like everyone else and I lost interest. I finished the damn thing but it's all a bit meh. Franklin aka The Ebonics Man was boring, Michael was boring (the only good thing about him was the drug trip) and Trevor became one-note.

Nico, at the very least, seems to not really give a fuck. He just does the job and has a funny accent to boot.

Back in the day GTA was the shit, before it became 3D. Couldn't shoot or drive for shit but it was all good fun. It was simple fun.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
why someone would like Saints Row but not minecraft,
Have you even played Saints Row 4? It is a great game. Minecraft is barely even a game. You move bricks and build things for no reason.
TBH, I haven't - fwiw, I will try it next time it's for sale under 5 eur, solely based upon your recommendation.
You should. It is like GTA but fun.

RE: minecraft - I guess each to his own, I don't think every game has to have a underlying reason or motif to be enjoyable.
But it at least needs some sort of gameplay. SimCity has no reason either but at least I could occupy my mind thinking about balancing my areas and there's a bit of income/expenditure too. Minecraft is just so shallow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom