Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sullynathan thinks GTA5 was the best GTA game, DISCUSS!

MasPingon

Arcane
why someone would like Saints Row but not minecraft,
Have you even played Saints Row 4? It is a great game. Minecraft is barely even a game. You move bricks and build things for no reason.
TBH, I haven't - fwiw, I will try it next time it's for sale under 5 eur, solely based upon your recommendation.
You should. It is like GTA but fun.

It's like GTA, but over the top. It also has qte, if that's what you mean by fun.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah storyline, missions and world design is kinda 'meh' in GTA 4 but it sucks that many, many little cool details didn't make their way to GTA 5.

Riding a car was much better in GTA 5, this comparison is ridiculous. GTA 4 was awful game, it's like Max Payne 3 of the series. What kind of hipster you got to be to prise 4 over 5, I don't even.

Uh, despite the clickbait title, the video doesn't actually set out to prove that 'GTA 4 is better than GTA 5', it's just a comparison of little details from GTA 4 that didn't make their way onto GTA 5.

Did you watch it??

sullynathan

Arcane

Yeah storyline, missions and world design is kinda 'meh' in GTA 4 but it sucks that many, many little cool details didn't make their way to GTA 5.

Riding a car was much better in GTA 5, this comparison is ridiculous. GTA 4 was awful game, it's like Max Payne 3 of the series. What kind of hipster you got to be to prise 4 over 5, I don't even.

Uh, despite the clickbait title, the video doesn't actually set out to prove that 'GTA 4 is better than GTA 5', it's just a comparison of little details from GTA 4 that didn't make their way onto GTA 5.

Did you watch it??

funnily enough, Crowbcat says these things is the video is why GTA 4 has more replay value than GTA V. Apparently, messing with little physics gives more replay value than more content.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
why someone would like Saints Row but not minecraft,
Have you even played Saints Row 4? It is a great game. Minecraft is barely even a game. You move bricks and build things for no reason.
TBH, I haven't - fwiw, I will try it next time it's for sale under 5 eur, solely based upon your recommendation.

It's like GTA, but over the top. It also has qte, if that's what you mean by fun.
I can't remember those. I just remember flying around shooting monsters. And jumping missions which were fun. All I remember from GTA5 was the boring commute to work to do uninteresting shit.

funnily enough, Crowbcat says these things is the video is why GTA 4 has more replay value than GTA V. Apparently, messing with little physics gives more replay value than more content.

If his priority is fucking around in sandbox over doing any missions then yeah. I do remember I enjoyed driving much more in IV, physics were just more fun and car damage a lot better.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
If his priority is fucking around in sandbox over doing any missions then yeah.

Isn't that what GTA5 was for? Boring missions but you get to do: Darts Yoga Gambling Golf Pool Tennis Basketball Drug Dealing Lowrider Challenge Hacking Rhythm-based Minigames Minigames Arm Wrestling Go Space Monkey Space Monkey Beefy Baron Bowling QUB3D They Crawled from Uranus Scratch Cards Don't Cross the Line Champagne Drinking Contest Duality Air Hockey Air Hockey Keepie-Uppy Beach Ball Hi-Lo Swine Hoard.... and more.

Isn't that what GTA5 was for? Boring missions but you get to do: Darts Yoga Gambling Golf Pool Tennis Basketball Drug Dealing Lowrider Challenge Hacking Rhythm-based Minigames Minigames Arm Wrestling Go Space Monkey Space Monkey Beefy Baron Bowling QUB3D They Crawled from Uranus Scratch Cards Don't Cross the Line Champagne Drinking Contest Duality Air Hockey Air Hockey Keepie-Uppy Beach Ball Hi-Lo Swine Hoard.... and more.

I don't know, I don't think I did a single one of these things.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I don't know, I don't think I did a single one of these things.
I don't think any sane person would, unless they were housebound for some reason and desperate to live a normal boring life, only virtually. Yet for some reason Rockstar still spend millions of dollars adding all that crap to their dudebro games. I guess when you have infinite money you can do stupid shit with it. Personally I'd have a swimming pool of 100s. The paper cuts would be worth it.

Modron

Arcane
Eh I found SR 4 to be the most lacking entry in the series, it's really evident that it was originally just going to be a dlc for SR 3 before they padded it out to be a 20 hour long standalone, sure the powers were fun but the missions took a serious nose dive in quality with 90% of the content being just targets with a few good actual missions thrown in here and there. Plus they ditched most of the actual fun activities and left you with various mayhem activities representing like fifty percent of all activities. All in all it's not a bad game but the second and third game were just that much better. Caveat being after 4 I never got around to getting Gat Out of Hell so 4 might not be the worst entry.

Comparing Saints Row 4 to GTA is fucking stupid. Prototype is actually more similar to SR4, which it copied a lot of superpowers from.

sullynathan

Arcane
Prototype 2 had more fun missions than saint's row 4 and a more fun upgrade system and better bosses.

On the other hand x saint's row 4 had better powers.
Both become boring quickly prototype 2 has new game+.

Don't quite remember if Prototype 2 had more fun missions, I do remember it was better than first game though. That is, fun enough to actually finish. Saints Row is carried mostly by its charming whacky humor, but when it comes to gameplay and polish it is quite half assed. People who genuinely think Saints Row series are better as games than GTA must be out of their damn minds.

They are both mission based, story driven, open world, driving games, with 3rd person shooting. So no. Get a brain transplant asap.

Saints Row 4, a driving game. :lol: Maybe you can compare GTA to AssCreed while you're at it, Mr. Perfect Brain.

sullynathan

Arcane
They are both mission based, story driven, open world, driving games, with 3rd person shooting. So no. Get a brain transplant asap.
Saint's row stopped being a driving game after the 3rd and even then, that's stretching it.

Don't quite remember if Prototype 2 had more fun missions, I do remember it was better than first game though. That is, fun enough to actually finish. Saints Row is carried mostly by its charming whacky humor, but when it comes to gameplay and polish it is quite half assed. People who genuinely think Saints Row series are better as games than GTA must be out of their damn minds.
Actually, prototype 2 probably had better powers, it's just that SR4 gave the powers pretty early. no one actually thinks saint's row is a better game than gta. They just say that to troll .

sullynathan

Arcane
Saint's row stopped being a driving game after the 3rd and even then, that's stretching it.

Yet weirdly you can drive lots of different cars all over a huge city!
you can drive lots of cars in the game yet you didn't have to nor were you expected to when in the 4th game and beyond, you ran and flew faster than all the cars.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It would be stupid to not bring it up when describing what the game does. Get a life?

Ash

Arcane
Saint's Row is p.shitty. At least the ones I played (2 & 3) Only really enjoyed that crazy cat game show side mission series and launching drone strikes on my co-op partner. Still probably better than Working Class Simulator 5 though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom