Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Nuclear Riders (FINISHED GAME!)

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's more likely to get sued from Cleve for stealing his nuclear-art assets than get sued from Power Rangers.

Cleve? Steal?

All the art assets in the game is drawn directly by me though, so I don't understand that statement.

Enlighten me?

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Last edited:

ColCol

Arcane
Yeah, thought the art looked similar.

Last edited:

ColCol

Arcane
despite being a violent game there is no trigger warning, so I wasn't sure I could risk playing the game, sorry

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Hey it looks pretty good.
It's like FFT with Power Rangers. Would play.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
I liked it, i think you really hit the spot with the art and the animations, they are really good.
Just didn't really care for the gameplay that much, i think it lacks a little bit more depth to it.
Maybe as a mobile game, then it would be absolutely viable...
But i miss the larger maps with diferent heights on ground, itens, party stats and classes that other tactics games have.
I mean, i don't know if you're looking for constructive feedback, but this felt much more like a demo than an actual complete game to me.

I liked it, i think you really hit the spot with the art and the animations, they are really good.
Just didn't really care for the gameplay that much, i think it lacks a little bit more depth to it.
Maybe as a mobile game, then it would be absolutely viable...
But i miss the larger maps with diferent heights on ground, itens, party stats and classes that other tactics games have.
I mean, i don't know if you're looking for constructive feedback, but this felt much more like a demo than an actual complete game to me.

Well, it is a contest entry that I start from scratch and have only one month to complete. So all your points are valid.
Thanks for liking it! I should probably be starting my gangster tactics devlog here in the codex workshop too since only very few people heard of it.

ColCol

Arcane
So, you cancelled GS. What is your next project going to be.

So, you cancelled GS. What is your next project going to be.

Right now?
Think 4e DnD combat system meet Jagged Alliance 2 hire-a reta mercenary system.
Decided to go for that after this particular post make me giddy with ideas.
az9dVZG.png

Still undecided on the general setting though the main plot outline is already done.

The current setting I am using as a reference for my combat demo is medieval fantasy ala Forgotten Realms.
Pro is there is a lot of reference in art and writing that I can abuse.

My friends have given several other settings as well such as steampunk (troubleshooter agency), modern world superheroes (dial-a-superhero), modern world with alternate reality (think persona with recruitable students) and hi-tech post-WW3 (lawless landscape, still hire-a-merc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom