Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super secret brofist ponzi scheme exposed

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
This site is exceptional.. a true Humanities case study;
I always praised DU for his capability at (giving a shit) maintaining the site while simultaneously trolling "entertaining" the masses. The fact however that the members themselves, lacking any tangible incentives, manage to create a carnivalesque level of misalliances.. at the expense of their peers.. ^^
If only i had the time to lurk more.

:bravo:

"Emergent Gameplay" if you will bother to use the proper word given the circumstances.
Truly one of the best sandbox experiences.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Misogynist, slut-shaming ableist cis-scum blaming a womyn for his problems. Check your privilege.

Regardless of what position the authors of the posts in this thread take, I've yet to encounter a single one accuse DU or Codex staff of being transphobic (though truth be told, I have not read every single post in the thread).

What I have seen though are plenty of disturbing, clearly homophobic, misogynistic, or transphobic remarks throughout this thread and others, from posts whose authors may or may not consciously understand that such statements are homophobic, misogynistic, or transphobic.

Such discriminatory mindsets have as much to do with culture (certainly a force not lacking in the Brofistgate) as with ignorance. For example, I read in one of these threads where the author, whom I cannot remember, states that the fists are inflated, and that the women get more fisting than the men, where he only considers "genetic" females as females (that is, no Y chromosome, period), and continues on on how someone born "male" will receive fewer fists unless he also identifies as a "female", which is unnatural. This completely undermines the female and the transsexual individuals and is a bigoted mindset, even if no ill-intent is on purpose. It's the same kind of reasoning that people used to think that jewish people, people of african-american descent and also womyn should not naturally be a part of the forum population.

Fisting isn't as black-or-white (or more apt, male-or-female) as people think. The whole notion of fists, in fact, is pretty archaic. All I have to do to is remind of the futuresque system occasionally practiced by this forum, with parrots, rainbows and other pretty pictures.

Quality paraphrasing, there.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even though large tracks of brofists and many old and famous posters have fallen or may fall into the grip of the CDS and the brofist corruption scheme, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in gRPG, we shall fight on the seas and oceans of GD and politics, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in general gaming, we shall defend our Board, whatever the cost maybe, we shall fight on the beaches of TacCancer, we shall fight on the landing grounds of News posts, we shall fight in the fields and streets of Site Feedback, we shall fight in the hills of jRPG; we shall never surrender

Last edited:

Nael

Arcane
Take mine brofists. I shall pay for thine sins.

JGw62aR.jpg

My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me!?

Nael

Arcane
I just realized upon closer (zoomed) inspection that my avatar has a case of derp eye. Damn.

Lhynn

Arcane
However, that also means I can't just take your brofists away. As such, I have transferred your brofists to Scrooge for safe-keeping until you learn the errors of your ways in brofist harvesting schemes.

So given the implications of this, what zany and totally unexpected task would I be expected to accomplish to show that I have repented from whistleblowing and get my fists back from Scrooge's safekeeping?

Willing to bargain to a Witcher Modesty Mod update which would demonstrate my understanding that brofists must be truly earned. And also help the community.
Brofist harvesting is a serious crime. You can't just Star Stable your way out of it like some kind of cheap floozy.

You'll have to earn your brofists back the hard way. One by one.
This means that every brofist LundB earns will be deducted from Scrooge total until he gets back to his original brofist count.
Sounds like a lot of busy work DarkUnderlord i :salute: your commitment to punishing the lawbreakers, i am deeply moved.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This shocking turn of events only further confirms what we already knew. Steam is a source of great evil and all that it touches it corrupts. A House Un-Codexian Activities Committee should be established to further investigate the goings on in the CDS. All CDS participants should be interrogated to uncover the truth. This brofist harvesting scheme is no doubt just the tip of the iceberg.
H1rhjxh.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom