Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Serious Scientific Analysis and Critique of BG2:SoA

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^ anyone who rates the above post "disagree" automatically confirms himself to be a faggot

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The ignore fucntion is infinitely preferable to "Report" buttons and overzealous moderators and their often arbitrary rulings.

Nice edit there, JewFrank.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I challenge you, and everyone else here.
This looks more like attention craving than an actual challenge. But I already gave you two posts and I've read one of your "write-ups" in full. I challenge you to cool down and stop acting you're Cleve. Cleve at least made something, you made nothing. Cleve was funny, you're not.

I'm done discussing you in a thread about a game you have nothing to do with.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
overzealous moderators and their often arbitrary rulings.

Except there aren't any overzealous moderators on the Codex.

I challenge you to cool down and stop acting you're Cleve. Cleve at least made something, you made nothing. Cleve was funny, you're not.

I'm done discussing you in a thread about a game you have nothing to do with.

I don't know Cleve. Also, newsflash: no one posting in this thread has anything to do with the creation of commercial RPGs (I don't think VaultDweller has posted yet).

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
JarlFrank you should retardo this thread.

I will start a new one later. With a better opening post - a super fun and interesting write-up about Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn!
It will have a wit and brevity, and no watermaks on pictures!

I'm quite serious right now.

Plane tickets, bitch...

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You have 64 people in your iggy bin. Can you even remember who they are, and why they are there?

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wonder why you guys are wasting your time with a woman whose only accomplishment in life was to write silly, bloated articles on video games and gloat about it on the 'Dex :lol: . She’s a woman. You shouldn’t expect much, logic and reason in the least. Let her write her... monocled write-ups in her kitchen.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It will have a wit and brevity, and no watermaks on pictures!

One image out of the many hundreds in my IE coverage has a watermark. One. You are crying because you wanted to rip it and pass it off as your own.

I'm quite serious right now.

You'll probably need to reference my blog in order to write it. :smug:

I wonder why you guys are wasting your time with a woman whose only accomplishment in life was to write silly, bloated articles on video games and gloat about it on the 'Dex :lol: . She’s a woman. You shouldn’t expect much, logic and reason in the least. Let her write her... monocled write-ups in her kitchen.

You only got into NWN because of me. :smug:

d1nolore

Savant
BG2 had some of the most beautiful backdrops of the time and thus they still hold up today.

And who has given them treatment other than yours truly: Aesthetic Appreciation of BG2.

I don't know what you'd have to be smoking to say that it doesn't age well.

No one said BG2 backdrops haven't aged well.

Sure the character sprites are a bit dated but still are good enough. The character portraits are still very good for today. Spell animations were ahead of their time and still ok for today.

No one has said otherwise.

Just referencing that guy that said his friend played and didn't like the graphics, which sparked off the retarded debate :D

I've done zero research but from memory I think you'd be hard pressed to put games of the era above BG2 for overall graphics when you encompass those backdrops.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
55UNoVW.png

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
A little more on the slimeball known as felipepe: not only does he get his minions to spam his cRPG Book from reddit to the English Amiga Board, but he openly sucks up to Codex and RPGWatch adminstrators in order to get them on-side with his cRPG Book, whereas I challenge communities from reddit to the 'Dex, and wrote off the RPGWatch to their face, despite them featuring my articles in their newscasts.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
What?! BG beats Fallout handily in terms of graphics especially the environment and they still look good to me to this day.

Agree. Fallout looks good until you realize the graphics start repeating themselves quite often.

Delterius

Arcane
I've listed some of its virtues and flaws here.
I've also covered mage duels in my SCS write-up
Like I said in the blogpost
it's all in my blogpost.
having a good blog is
The post I linked to
My write-ups

not only does he get his minions to spam his cRPG Book

+M

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You have 64 people in your iggy bin. Can you even remember who they are, and why they are there?

Some Ignored me first, so there's no use replying to their posts. Mostly shit posters, though, some of them literally.
If some posters bother me with their posts, I think it's better to just Ignore them than to bother the mods or engage in flame wars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom