Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Surf Solar" is a dumbass

aris

Arcane
That belgian beer is the best, does not mean that there aren't any good danish ones. I personally haven't tasted many danish beers. I have tasted tuborg, as it is a very popular and cheap one in Norway, but that one is not good. I don't write off the possibility that there are some good ones in denmark though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeap, most def. I like belgian, czech and german beer best, but for the simple pilsner Carlsberg Classic, Carl's Special and Carlsberg are up there with the best of them.

aris

Arcane
Yeap, most def. I like belgian, czech and german beer best, but for the simple pilsner Carlsberg Classic, Carl's Special and Carlsberg are up there with the best of them.
Carslberg is danish? I actually did not know that, I like Carlsberg Classic too, good taste while easy to drink.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Belgian pils isn't very special. Acceptable level but not very gorgeous if you see what I mean. Even simple stuff like Leffe or Cuvée des Trolls has more flavour than a Jupiler, and then when you got trappist beers or stuff like the Chouffe, why settle for that?

CorpseZeb

Learned
Also, we should separate "big" ones, branded beers (known for mass-piss poor quality) from small ones, locally brewed. Granted, their names legion, but if you'll mange beerthrough to find the chosen one, you'll be in the heaven. Like the one here, beside me - a local black beer, but not the bock type, nor the black english guinness, almost sweet, natural, simple yet rich enough... ah... wonders of local breweries...

Ps1. There's is one of mine favorites for some time - http://browarczarnkow.pl/nasze-piwa/noteckie-eire-ciemne/ - dunno if it is available somewhere else.
Ps2. About those Belgian Trappist ones - tripel especially - they're not bad, not bad at all.

catfood

AGAIN
Best beer I ever had is

Tsingtao_Beer.jpg

At first I was like CHINESE BEER WHAT THE FUCK but then it pleasently surprised me. No crazy ass flavour or anything, just honest to goodness beer. Shame I can't find it anywhere here. The only time I had it was when my dad brought a can from China.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
You're joking right?

I mean, it's miles better than Yanjing, but Tsingtao a 'best beer'!?!

To each their own I guess.

grotsnik

Arcane
Since with glorious inevitability this thread is now about the world's greatest beer, I have to go with the Belgians.

delirium-tremens-beer-21351153.jpg

CootKeeper

Augur

I can't even taste Carlsberg anymore, it feels like drinking fuzzy water. 7.3 % Åbro on the other hand...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
If I'm not mistaken, Tsingtao was bought by Jupiler. Tried it last week-end for the first time and, well, it's ok. Doesn't taste bad but doesn't really do much either.

And this reminds me I haven't tried the Delirium beer yet. I should get some next time I go shopping.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Beer? Pfft. Real mean drink raw malted barley while they chew handfuls of hops.

oscar

Arcane
anti-feminist/anti-gay, they are the loud minority of the internetz, and have time to post on all the forums because they don't have jobs and are driven to post on all forums by bitterness because they don't get any pussy.
:troll:

Yeah because beta-as-fuck "male feminists" get so much pussy and women have so much respect for a man who goes "yes dear" to their political views. You often hear this argument (or that if your not a feminist your gay :lol:).

"Mmm ravage me"
"Mm yeah baby I'm gonna fuck your bra-"
"- WHAT, you don't support gay marriage?? I'm outta here HOMOPHOBE!!"

Went no conversation ever.

Male feminist logic: "Being ashamed of owning a penis and the oppressive privilege it obviously entails will get me laid! If I just apologise enough for the evil domination of my sex maybe, just maybe, I will get a pity fuck!"

aris

Arcane
Male feminist logic: "Being ashamed of owning a penis and the oppressive privilege it obviously entails will get me laid! If I just apologise enough for the evil domination of my sex maybe, just maybe, I will get a pity fuck!"
I don't know who thinks like that, probably noone. In any case, I'm not even a feminist per se (though I don't get butthurt if someone calls me a feminist). I'm just a proponent of common sense, such that males, females and gays should have equal oppurtunities and rights to succeed at every aspect of life where it is feasible.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
I don't know who thinks like that, probably noone.
Actually it's the second thing those all strange 'activists' are there for, on the demonstrations and things like that. Second, because the primary one is usually building a political CV in a painful way.

Redlands

Arcane
I thought this thread was going to be about Surf Solar's lady friend being banned from the Codex by Surf Solar, or something similar.

I'm disappointed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom