Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Survival Games where you are shipwrecked?

Morkar Left

Anybody knows some good or decent survival games which have you shipwrecked/marooend with the focus on actually surviving (think about Robinson Crusoe style)?

There is some "classic" in that regard: Schiffbruch
Download of the english version btw.: http://www.old-games.com/download/1585/schiffbruch

I'm looking at something similar but with more content. A roguelike would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

baturinsky

Arcane
Yeah, graphics is ugly, but as far as Robinson simulation goes, it's pretty good. And there are mods that makes it even more deep/hard.

Luzur

Good Sir
well, there is The Forest that is being made.

also there is that old Gameboy Advance game.

Destroid

Arcane
Does scifi shipwrecked count? If so then Notrium is really good. Very challenging and 4 classes with quite different styles of play.

Morkar Left

Thanks guys. Most of the games I already know and I'm especially looking for shipwrecked games, no space or something.

Stranded 2 and Wayward seems like games which would fit. But I thought there would be more such games lingering around and I'm just unable to find them because they are too much a niche without knowing their names.

Deleted member 7219

I thought Risen and Pirates of the Sword Coast both did the shipwrecked thing pretty well.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, as people already mentioned Robinson's Requiem is THE survival simulator game, and yes it takes place on an island.

But go there only if you're brave, because it's also very brutal and clunky.

baturinsky

Arcane
You can also play Dwarf Fortress on an island. With only one dwarf alive.

And there is also Minecraft - vanilla or with Terra Firma mod.

Destroid

Arcane
You could even customise your DF embark with nautical themed goods. How do migrants work if you are on an island?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think Dangan Ronpa 2 would also fit somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom