Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Sword and Sorcery -- Underworld Review

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I gave it a try and IIRC after some time I started wondering "why I'm still playing this?".
It's probably how it's intended to work, so I have used my titanic will to stop playing it.

One thing that I dislike about the interview is that the reviewer considers addictiveness to be a good thing. Addiction usually goes against interests of the addict so addictiveness isn't a good feature of a product.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Charles, I have played your game and trully found it amateur, with a really bad graphic design. But in no way "shitty", saying that would be too hard, and re-reading out the whole discussion I'm glad that I never refered to it like that.

As a first game by one man with no experience is a great achievment, but since you are selling and pricing it as a professional indie game, like Spiderweb games, I had to jugde it that way. And under that lens, unfortunaly it's still lacking. If you decide to take another shot, I trully advice of you to give more tought into the graphic design, that keeps pushing me away form enjoying the game. And I feel it needs more personality, because it really feels sometimes as a parody of older games, not a genuine game on its own. Try new ideias, without fear of them taking the old-school factor away.

Best of luck. :)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Glorious Codexia, I'm necroing this thread since Charles send me a PM that made me really hopefull: he's redoing the graphics of his game:

2hphs05.jpg

Sword and Sorcery - Underworld had a nice gameplay but horrible graphics, hardly acceptable for a retail game. Now the improvement is great:

2llhz86.jpg

I liked the new style A LOT, as not only is very elegant but it mixes nostalgia with a subtle modern touch, really what I would look for in a remake. I can even say I prefer it over games like The Devil Whiskey now, since DW art is amazing but IMHO Underworld had better gameplay (hidden under unplayable horibad graphics). Thankfully that's being fixed now.

There is no release date for the overhaul yet, but I'm looking foward to it. :salute:

More screens & info at http://www.classicgamesremade.com/news

Morkar Left

I think he mentioned it himself already in another thread. And yeah, the graphics look really good now. As soon as it's out I will try the demo. The current version was a pain in the ass to play for me because of horrible performance. I hope that gets fixed, too.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Beautiful monster graphics you got there, I especially liked the giant rat.
:love:

Morkar Left

Charles-cgr said:
Thanks! Seeing this got me thinking the dev log needed a new update, and it so happens there were things to talk about :)

http://www.classicgamesremade.com/all-m ... -done.html

Edit: @Morkar Performance issues with v1.06? I thought I had tightened that quite a bit with that last release. Would you mind telling me your machine specs?

I don't know what version it was. I think it was the first demo released.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, Wndows XP SP2, 2 GB RAM, FAT32 (really)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great work Charles. I was one of your harshest critics regarding the graphical style of the old game, and I'm someone that still plays MM1, but it looks very good now. When it's done I'll definitely pick up a copy.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Morkar said:
Charles-cgr said:
Thanks! Seeing this got me thinking the dev log needed a new update, and it so happens there were things to talk about :)

http://www.classicgamesremade.com/all-m ... -done.html

Edit: @Morkar Performance issues with v1.06? I thought I had tightened that quite a bit with that last release. Would you mind telling me your machine specs?

I don't know what version it was. I think it was the first demo released.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, Wndows XP SP2, 2 GB RAM, FAT32 (really)

Oh in that case yes, performance issues have been fixed! Thanks all :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom