Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Irenaeus II will have to give us his full review upon release!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: Wow, longswords and plate are going to be in the game... the plebs missed out on a quality exclusive design decision there

I think they mean a specific longsword and armor.

There have been stages in the design of the sword and armor. For example, (1) what type of weapon, (2) what magical property does it possess, (3) a free-form name and weapon history stage, and (4) a vote on the name/stories submitted. So it has been a little more involved than what it sounds like but it also has been more than a bit disappointing. I thought that the design council was going to be much more in the vein of each design council member being able to design an NPC or a magical item on their own. Maybe a vote on a side quest that would be added or perhaps an NPC race (or better yet the next DLC race). All that said, the Design Council isn't over yet, I just don't have much expectation any longer as to its meaningful input into the game.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
SO basically this is a poor mans NWN.. The graphics are about NWN2 level of quality but the toolset / dm tools are dumbed down as fuck.

PASS.

EDIT:
I take that back, NWN2 looks way better then this crap.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Aye, looks very poor in the graphics department sadly.

Combat could be ok though and camera handling appears to be above NWN2's level.

I'll give it a whirl.

Not a fan of the voice acting so far though.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Although this looks like shit, I'm about 66.6% sure I'll buy it and have a little bit of fun at least. I'd go so far to DM a game for some Codexers even. As you all know I'm completely reliable.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Well, my campaign needs tweaking, I almost got fired for abusive language toward a female coworker, and I'm spending all of my free time and money on my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. Also, I stink of vodka and garlic...

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Well, my campaign needs tweaking, I almost got fired for abusive language toward a female coworker, and I'm spending all of my free time and money on my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. Also, I stink of vodka and garlic...

I almost got a female coworker fired for abusive language towards me. The privileges of working in a Macho values third world shithole :smug:

Your campaign as you sent me those notes shows lots of promise. Let's see if SCL can help in making it a reality or if it's just useless as a DM tool. I already bought this game months ago, when it was baited as a 5ed D&D game. Hook, line and sinker.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Oh, I will end up buying it. Pretty sure I can get my fuckface dm from high school to run it. He LOVES random dungeons and writing bullshit. You go pally, and I'll go rogue. I'm suppose to talk to him tonight even. Don't worry, you're not alone! :(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/331463/The+campaign+creation+in+Sword+Coast+Legends/

We caught up with game director Dan Tudge to learn more about the in-depth campaign creation options of the upcoming D&D RPG Sword Coast Legends.

"I think it's something that people have been waiting for for a long time," says Tudge. "The ability to create your entire adventure from scratch and we're really happy to be finally showing it. So players can create their own monsters. They can create their own levels. Create their own dungeons to explore. And their own NPCs. And of course tell their own stories."

Tudge also talked about the nature of the story in the game and the co-operation with Wizard of the Coast (using the 5th edition ruleset).

Sword Coast Legends is due out on Steam on September 8 and it is also planned for release on PS4 and Xbox One.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
I'll buy this shit, and capture everything on vid. Everyone says I have an awesome voice. Stay tuned for some serious fun. I'll eat a 5lb hamburger while I'm at it just for laughs.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Didn't they say, they "were listening" when people demanded tile by tile dungeon creation? I think it will find its way into the game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
"We're listening" means "we're aware that there are people who want more than we can offer".

vonAchdorf

Arcane
"We're listening" means "we're aware that there are people who want more than we can offer".

Yes normally, but in their stream it was more a "we have to say we are listening because we cannot announce it yet because corporate policy". Sure, you never know until it's really implemented, but it did sound like they were working on it already.

Weasel

Yes normally, but in their stream it was more a "we have to say we are listening because we cannot announce it yet because corporate policy". Sure, you never know until it's really implemented, but it did sound like they were working on it already.

Have you followed their deliberately vague and misleading communication strategy since the game was announced? I wouldn't expect a tile-by-tile editor anytime soon. Besides, they've confirmed that they want the console and pc version of the game to be the same which explains a lot.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Consoles?

Bah... Hope is lost then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom