Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah that's the old "eh does X and doesn't afraid of anything" meme. Not seen that one outside of 4chan for years.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mustawd

Gotcha. Reading is teh hard apparently.

EDIT: It's still a hack-n-slash with a party, so I don't really think it'll get much more love other than its existing community.

animlboogy

Learned
Even before the developer was dead and buried you were asking too much. They never wanted to make that game, and stuck with some pre-cRPG resurgence plan of turning everything into a simplistic action game to appeal to the most people.

Which in 2015-2016 means your boring licensed action RPG sells less than original IPs with more complex mechanics that cost far less to make.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/10642-rage-of-demons-has-reached-sword-coast-legends/

WGOZmpo.png

Venture into the depths of the Underdark, through the trading outpost of Mantol-Derith, and fight alongside the legendary Drizzt Do’Urden!

Rage of Demons is a free DLC expansion for Sword Coast Legends that includes hours of new story content;

new Dungeon Master options; a new playable race: Tiefling; and a new playable class: Warlock!

Warlock Features:

• New cantrip - Eldritch Blast
  • New spells - Finger of Death, Tasha’s Hideous Laughter, Hex
  • Unique archetype abilities - Dark One’s Blessing, Hurl Through Hell, Create Thrall
Tiefling Features:

• Hellish Resistance - All Fire Damage reduced by 50%
  • Hellish Rebuke - Flames surround the caster, reaching out and burning any creature that attacks for the next forty seconds.
  • Darkness - Magical darkness spreads from a point within range to fill a three-yard radius sphere for the duration.
Dungeon Master Features:

• Two new tilesets
  • New monsters
  • New placeable decorations and objects
Gather your party and prepare to delve into the Underdark, before the Rage of Demons consumes the Sword Coast! Available now on Steam.

Have they finally done what Telengard said they should have? There's no hot drow babe though. :M

Telengard

Arcane
The lack of babe-osity is still an issue. But they are so close to a direct appeal to the core D&D audience with that dual-wielding not-Drizzt. I mean, it's almost frightening how badly they missed in their initial push when they had someone involved who had the possibility of doing this for them. I mean, not-Drizzt is even properly in very tight pants. So, obviously someone, somewhere in the chain of people and businesses involved knows full well what it is their target audience wants.

Last edited:

Mustawd

The lack of babe-osity is still an issue. But they are so close to a direct appeal to the core D&D audience with that dual-wielding not-Drizzt. I mean, it's almost frightening how badly they missed in their initial push when they had someone involved who had the possibility of doing this for them. I mean, not-Drizzt is even properly in very tight pants. So, obviously someone, somewhere in the chain of people and businesses involved knows full well what it is their target audience wants.

Why are you saying not-Drizzt? That's actually Drizzt:

...venture into the Underdark with the legendary Drizzt Do'Urden!

Unless I'm missing something lore specific that I don't know about? Anywhoo, I think we can all agree that n-Space/DE/WOTC should have just listened to Telengard all along. Ironically, he'd probably do a better job of prioritizing their product to make money (i.e. he understand the importance of multiple hair options).

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
direct appeal to the core D&D audience with that dual-wielding not-Drizzt.
That's why we can't have nice things. /sigh

Still, you seem to suggest that "core audience" would not only buy but also be completely happy with anything resembling Drizzt on the box no matter how far mechanics would diverge from actual D&D ruleset. I admit I've been out of touch with D&D crowd since about mid-00's. Are things really that bad?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Still, you seem to suggest that "core audience" would not only buy but also be completely happy with anything resembling Drizzt on the box no matter how far mechanics would diverge from actual D&D ruleset. I admit I've been out of touch with D&D crowd since about mid-00's. Are things really that bad?

He is being sarcastic for God's sake.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
He is being sarcastic for God's sake.
Or is he? I'm still baffled about why SCL was even allowed to see the light of day. n-Space boasted their "partnership" with WotC, and for all its faults WotC is supposed to know a little about their TA. 5E was well-received or so I've heard. Which makes one wonder whether SCL completely missed the mark or just slightly.

But maybe I'm too pessimistic.

Telengard

Arcane
direct appeal to the core D&D audience with that dual-wielding not-Drizzt.
That's why we can't have nice things. /sigh

You know that old saw: "Sex sells." Well, nerds love drow. Like, luv drow.

So, a big-breasted woman on the cover of anything moves copies. That's a given. For nerds, though, a big-breasted drow woman moves serious copies. And a double pic of Drizzt in tight pants paired with a big-breasted drow woman, well, that's sales nivana.

Doing it won't make a game a success on its own. But it sure will go a long ways to doing so.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
For nerds, though, a big-breasted drow woman moves serious copies. And a double pic of Drizzt in tight pants paired with a big-breasted drow woman, well, that's sales nivana.

I have my doubts the old tricks still work; drow females were a veiled "femdom interracial fetish" when those things were unavailable for most audiences, now, it might have lost its shine. Years of WoW night elves might have eroded it beyond repair.

Telengard

Arcane
Lose your faith in WotC

Lose your faith in D&D

Lose your faith in the Codex

But always believe in Telengard
:D
I have my doubts the old tricks still work; drow females were a veiled "femdom interracial fetish" when those things were unavailable for most audiences, now, it might have lost its shine. Years of WoW night elves might have eroded it beyond repair.

Possibly so. I used to even believe that drow would go out of style once those people who were young when Drizzt was introduced started getting old and leaving the hobby. But, purely anecdotal, I recently spoke to a few teens and twenty-somethings about D&D, and in every group, there was still that dual-wielding drow guy. And they all knew the Knaak books. Same as it ever was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom