Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

sword

Anonymous

Just a little thing about the naming of the sword. I suppose the weapons you found in Teudogar will be in Darghul. The Magical sword that make the blacksmith in Herwood is just called "sword moderatly blessed" and it cost 500 silver coins. A normal sword who is blessed cost 350 and is called "sword very lightly blessed". Just to recognise them without looking at there price, the magical sword could be called "magical sword" because it is not an ordinary weaponwith a good blessing but magic item.
My suggestion is little silly but I alwais confound the two swords!
Regards
azertyuiopqs12

Anonymous

In Teudogar, blessing is variable. You bring your weapons to witch to bless them or you can bless them yourself once you learn that skill. Therefore calling the sword magical makes no sense.

However, it seems that historically (if you look at the Viking saga's) magic properties were related to decoration on the sword. A plain sword would have been less likely to be magical than a sword with jewels on the hilt.

But in Teudogar's time, Germanic swords were not yet as nicely decorated as in the Migration and Viking periods, so it's difficult to say whether that belief was already present in Teudogar's time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom