Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Syberia 3

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
These sure are some pretty arts.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I wonder whether that detective who was after her in Syberia II will be second playable character.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I love Benoit Sokal's games, Amerzone and Syberia are some of the best out there in terms of atmospere.

I hope this turns out to be good, it seems to have a very troubled development cycle: multiple delays, company buyouts, almost no news in 5 years since announcement etc.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been waiting for this game for years, thinking that for sure it'd never get made and just hoping like :? . It feels a bit like too good to be true and pre-emptively expecting vapourware but if it does come out this year or 2015...
:dance:
Because I'll have this, Stasis, Night in the Woods, any delicious morsels Daedalic releases so even if the cRPG wave is decline, Adventure will save the day.
:yeah:

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Will it be a classical point and click adventure game?

Well I liked Syberia I and II, so if it's equal in terms of quality then :bounce:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Oh yay, a year later and we see some concept art. Big whoop. Wake me up when they make a game.

Wizfall

Cipher
Even if Syberia 2 was still quite good Syberia 1 was much better.
The setting is excellent but in S2 i kind of felt the characters had already played their parts, or maybe it was just not as interesting and a bit too much.
I would rather have like a different story (maybe linked at some point with the one in S1/S2) with new characters for Syberia 3.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, they really could not capture that great setting and feeling in the first one for the second game. It was still enjoyable though for me. Though I am still looking forward to this third one. I just hope it is still point and click like the first two.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Syberia 1 + 2 should perhaps been just one game.

2 is less poignant to me because Kate no longer changes through the journey and the isle of Syberia ultimately isn't as mysterious as expected. There's just one puzzle with that horn and the game ends.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I liked everything by Sokal tbh, even that game about girl and panther that nobody liked. They all just have such detailed and pretty worlds even if not all stories are great or anything. I spent some time going through artbooks for all the games and enjoyed it a lot.

After much delay looks like this will be out before Grimoire. Which is nice because Syberia I is probably my favourite adventure game of all times.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
WIP_kate_001.jpg

Not at all a cheeky wink at ESB. Not at all. :D

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Gamecom is bearing fruit! Hot from the press[rel]e[a]s[e]:

Paris, August 12, 2015 – Publisher Microïds, author and artistic director Benoit Sokal, and composer Inon Zur are delighted to share with the public the first musical theme from the eagerly awaited adventure game "Syberia 3". Along with this revelation, the players will be able to win many prestigious presents from the saga’s universe.

Today, every adventure game player throughout the world can listen over and over again to Syberia 3’s main theme and fans will also be able to win several extremely rare objects from the series (Illustrations signed by Benoit Sokal, sheet music signed by Inon Zur…)

Syberia 3 main musical theme and competition

"Syberia 3" is an adventure game due to be released in the fall 2016 on Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish.

Amazing, amazing.

ortucis

Prophet
Holy tits, I didn't know they were making a sequel.

Almost lost it in the sea of shit "horror" adventure games being hyped up here.

image_syberia_3-29041-3066_0001.jpg

image_syberia_3-29041-3066_0002.jpg

image_syberia_3-29041-3066_0003.jpg

Disappointed that it has gone full 3D though. Pre-rendered artwork remains good looking for years in comparison (like pre-rendered RPG's).

Also, that fire would burn the whole place down. Accident waiting to happen. ANOTHER REASON why 3D is bad in adventure games.

PS: That Blacksmith is doing more work than all Blacksmith's in Skyrim combined.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Syberia, Fuck yeah!!
I remember enjoying first one so much in my teenage years and it was pretty much first adventure game that I ever played. Too bad that I missed the 2 then.

Oh well, maybe I start marathoning the first and second now, that they are actually making the third. Never believed that they would make the third after all these years.

:yeah:

The second I'm done with Tesla Effect I'll finally start playing Syberia, this is good motivation. If I loved The Longest Journey I assume I'll like this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom