Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Syberia 3

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Syberia III: A Long Road Home

gromit

Arcane
In before horribly clunky waking and terrible puzzles....
Is "clunky waking" a typo, or are you talking about Paradise?

I'll approach this one with some faith. That's the game where they made all their mistakes, and paid for them too. (And when they said "cinematic effects" the clip showed a moving crane shot.)

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think Sokal's settings are some of the most gorgeous and unique
I even liked one with an african king in a floating castleboat and a panther

These games gave me hope that maybe people would take adventure games seriously again and not just a retreat for pixelart storytelling. That maybe another Longest Journey would emerge in modern times.

But probably not.

Still would play Syberia 3 for placebo effect, make-believing I'm playing an "AAA" adventure game that is not Telltale motion comics with neat female lead and strange weird setting. And maybe puzzles. Maybe. Probably not. But maybe.

(Oh right there is Dark Eye and something coming from it's developers too. But it's not here yet( )

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I think Syberia 3 may end up being surprisingly good. It has been under development for quite a long time, but most importantly it is a game strongly influenced by one mans vision. Not to hate on KS, but this 'design by commitee' crap is not how we get great games.

Boleskine

Arcane
New screenshots from Gamescom

KBk1Zxd.jpg

RX0wiJr.jpg

BGKAkVa.jpg

7H74jGD.jpg

t8RzTe7.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hey someone using modern technology to actually enhance looks.

Hope they enhance their puzzles as much.

Boleskine

Arcane
Interview with Benoit Sokal at Gamescom.
(English translation is in the CC)

At the end Sokal says he has an idea for Syberia 4 in his head but he's waiting for the check and money from this game.
:takemymoney:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
They sure worked on Kate's ass :incline:

But what happened to that bobtail-polar bear hybrid pet thing

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Syberia 1 and 2 was good. Will this more or less the same or will the game be a "cinematic experience?"

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Just looking at the trailers would tell you that it does have a 'cinematic touch' but how much? That we don't know yet.

NorwegianWolf

Educated
I completed 1 and 2 last year. The story was pretty good and the steampunk world was awesome.
Waiting for Kate to climb ladders and stairs was a pain in the ass, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom