Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Syberia 3

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
People are giving bad reviews because of bad controls and how it feels like an old game. Hardly anything to do with if it is actually a good adventure game or not.

Modron

Arcane
People are giving bad reviews because of bad controls and how it feels like an old game. Hardly anything to do with if it is actually a good adventure game or not.
Yeah steam always has those people "Worst game ever it didn't work with my controller." Always funny with the fluents of the world review a 15 year old videogame and complain that it doesn't work with their steam controller.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So Kate is thirty.

:dealwithit:

I switched to controller after half an hour because keyboard movement is worse than Broken Sword 3.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aaaand it flopped.

It is basically like monkey island 4 and broken sword 4 that is console shittard wannabe. What is so hard about making the character walk where you point your pointer and click?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Point & click patch is needed, game is gud otherwise.

Biggest annoyance is actually the Unity fps drops and loading times.

Antigoon

Augur
Bit surprised by that controller thing. On the steam page they are just mentioning partial controller support. Sure, I dont know what that means but to me it sounds like it was created with keyboard/mouse in mind. But with the current download speed I dont think I can test it before the 2nd or 3rd patch comes out anyway :negative:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
It's out.

http://steamcharts.com/app/464340

PC2DmRJ.png

:negative::negative::negative:

Mixed reviews, into the trash it goes :negative:

Edit:

Steamcharts now:

playing 19 min ago
24-hour peak
all-time peak

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Hello Syberia community. First of all thank you for your support and feedbacks ; both negative and positive. We are really happy to see that Syberia community is so strong. We really hope that new and ancient players will enjoy this new sequel and we would like to strengthen and improve our communication with the community. There is a lot of message and we are reading all of them and take all into account in order to provide you with updates.

We are currently working hard to deliver a patch as soon as possible that will help you to improve your game experience. Here is the list of the known issues we are working on.
  • Controls: we are improving control on keyboard/mouse and compatibility with most gamepad controllers.
  • Russian and Chinese Fonts are too small
  • Voice over and sound issues:
  • Save game issue: some of you have issue loading previous save. Currently the only known tip is to start a new game and load the previous save.
  • Material compatibility.
  • Mac optimization
Thank you for your patience.

Seems cucksole version out on April 25 will have a 14 gig patch.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
According to Steamspy >8,000 sales atm. Not sure whether this means a good or bad launch.

Also not sure why this game seems p. popular in Russia.

Antigoon

Augur
I think they hugly overestimated their fanbase. Just by adding the 3 they reduced their potential buyer base to almost exclusivly people who played the first 2 games. Not sure if there are still many around and interested in that one. Played now a bit and its really ok so far. Just left the camp. Controls are shit even with a gamepad, constantly bumping in everything. Also not sure why they still insist to solve their puzzles in exactly the way intended. like
I know I need to get the stamp, I have the print and I am fairly certain that the craftsman will get me one. But before I can ask him I need to get the unstamped document. Minor issue, still I dont understand the logic behind that.

Antigoon

Augur
According to Steamspy >8,000 sales atm. Not sure whether this means a good or bad launch.

Also not sure why this game seems p. popular in Russia.
Isnt it too early for steamspy numbers? I think the first more or less reliable numbers are out 1 week after lunch. But 151 reviews also dont seem like an aweful lot.

I think I am now about 1/3 through. Leaving Valsembor. I can see why that might be unplayable with keyboard/mouse. The camera angles were certainly a trademark feature of the first 2 games, but here they pushed it a bit too far. Or at least its not really compatible for non-point'n'click gameplay. So far its much closer to the original syberias than I expected. Sure, too many sadly unskippable cut scenes (especially annoying without manual saving system) but you are still fixing stamp machines, placing some cogwheels, filling up the coal storage for your journey. Whenever you get a new task you more or less already know how to solve it and where to go. so nothing challanging in here, pretty much just like in the first game. I would say there are more fixing-machine-minigames than in the first 2 games though. Also still no inventory puzzles, pixel hunting and the backtracking issue from especially the 2nd game is not that present anymore. You have to walk quite a bit in Valsembor, but that doesnt feel so idiotic like dicking back to the train to get warm clothes in the beginning of S2. The only really annoying part was the underwater scene. Especially with these camera angles and control.

Last edited:

Delbaeth

Learned
What's the point developing a game using Unity and yet Windows-only on PC? (if we exclude the console ports)
Oh right, Denuvo.

Using a game engine useful to easily port on whatever the system/OS is, but restricting distribution because of that DRM?
Beyond rotten ideological matters, I can't explain this nonsense.

flyingjohn

Arcane
And it has been cracked already,by a random guy using sub optimal methods.
This is why you don't use denuvo with unity games,there is no way to properly implement it into the exe file.
But i guess they didn't learn even after doing the same thing with yesterday origins.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pirates getting the better product? Why, this never happened before! Especially not with Denuvo involved.

How is the story? Not going to click any spoilers because I still might pick it up in the far future should patches fix most issues. If it's worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom