Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Requirements

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core Intel (2 GHz or better) or AMD (2.8 GHz or better)
Memory: 2 GB RAM (XP), 4 GB RAM (Vista, 7, 8)
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB HD Space
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (Ati 2600, Geforce 8800 or similar) with at least 640 MB RAM
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Min. Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel

Recommended:
Processor: Quad Core Intel (2.66 GHz or better) or AMD (3.2 GHz or better)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (Ati 5850 and Geforce 460 or better) with 1024 MB RAM

Unwanted

RexColt

Unwanted
Windows XP yes !

Ive got a 2.4 ghz AMD and radeon 4670 with 512mb ram, how do you think will it run ?

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Windows XP yes !

Ive got a 2.4 ghz AMD and radeon 4670 with 512mb ram, how do you think will it run ?
AMD with how many cores, 2, 4, 6?
512 mb Video RAM could be a problem, so you need to turn off MSAA and switch to low detail textures.

mangamuscle

Literate
Will it support XP x64? Also, will it support PAE for normal XP? Any plans for supporting OpenGL? It would be sweet to be able to run the equivalent of DX 10/11 (OpenGL 3/4) graphics in plain vanilla XP. As you might guess my rig has 8 Gbytes and an nvidia 630 w/4gb :D But I resist the urge to upgrade windows >_<

Maerimydra

Literate
4 GB RAM (Vista, 7, 8) seems a little high for minimum memory requirements. Games like X-COM: EU, ES: Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR, The Witcher 2 and Diablo III do not require that much memory.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That's because apart from D3 they are all popamole mainstream games made for consoles, that have only 512MB to derp around...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's because apart from D3 they are all popamole mainstream games made for consoles, that have only 512MB to derp around...
I dont see how D3 does not fit into that description.
D3 is a PC exclusive, it wasn't developed for consoles.
D3 is coming to consoles, whether it was developed with it in mind and affected D3 is arguable but I guess this is not the place to discuss it.

daveyd

Savant
So far Steam is the only distribution method I've seen mentioned on the Chaos Chronicle website. Will Chaos Chronicles be available for purchase from a DRM-free distributor like GOG.com? This game looks awesome but I hate DRM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom