Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Infinitron still shilling like ever? You get a bag of peanuts for every article?

I mean we know that you have no idea about games, and that any insult mediocre people is like an insult on yourself. But don't provoke me with your shit ratings rating will ya?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is pretty much a cat trying to hut and eat a deer like their lions cousins.

If only they just set out of what thry originally intended and just remaster the, original, get new HD sprites and interface, QoL changes and some other issues with accessibility in modern devices it will all grand

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
if you own the game on Steam you can play it RIGHT NOW!

Typical fucking bullshit. Bought it on gog? Tough luck!

What's preventing them from putting those builds on gog anyway? Just put them in the extras section and everything is fine.

Our goal is to include the Editor with the final release which will allow the creation of New Levels, and the ability to replace assets from the base game such as textures, sounds, audiologs, etc!

How much you want to bet that the editor will be Steam-only? They'll tie it to some bullshit Workshop functionality and use that as an excuse.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hardly the only game that has stuck to Steam for pre-release beta-type stuff that needs to be frequently updated. GOG isn't so good for that stuff.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
What's preventing them from putting those builds on gog anyway? Just put them in the extras section and everything is fine.

AFAIK in GOG every update should be examined and processed by GOG, so probably much more hassle to manage beta version that should be frequently updated. (You know GOG took much time themselves to release an update to relatively new game, Expedition: Viking.)

How much you want to bet that the editor will be Steam-only? They'll tie it to some bullshit Workshop functionality and use that as an excuse.

FWIW in case of Turok, GOG users received the level editor 3 or so months later.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From NDS Discord:

HighresScreenshot00010.png

Latelistener

Arcane
Why they couldn't just make the remake first, earn some cash while probing the market and THEN make whatever game they wanted in the same style as System Shock?
It's like CEO of this company is braindead.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Daniel (LD/Producer)

So I finally got around to doing that maze on Level 7. It was extremely tough, and careful spacing needed to be taken into consideration. This is what I finished off with on Thursday. Just the floor of the area.

tedfTfY.jpg

And here's the final area, all walled and ceilinged up!

xijMD3V.jpg

latest
latest
latest
latest

nZCv0Pv.gif

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Blockouts going on:

EgORElL.jpg

Jonathan (Art/Environments)

So I've got something for you guys. I asked if it was OK to start showing off some of the work I got shifted over to (level design instead of props for the time being) and got approval. So, guess what :smiley:

Super rough version of the Maintenance Level. I'm using the SS1 textures to fill in the blockouts that Daniel finished and adding replacements as they're made.

The SS1 textures have also been rigged up so they have physically-based lighting. Or in non-artist terms, they look more like modern game art but they're still the old 1994 textures.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some ideas. Feel free to use these, Steve!

[FREE Update] New Shodan Skin - Original: It's closer to the original SS!
[FREE Update] Survival Mode: Permadeath! New and harder difficulty options! Much new survival mechanics!
[Paid DLC]: GroveCrash: Escape from the jettisoned Gamma Grove! Time limit (the life support has cut-off!)! Procedurally generated grove level!
[FREE Update] Experimental Armory: The new weapons that was originally planned for the canceled reboot version!
[FREE Update] New Shodan Skin - SS2: System Shock 2 version!
[Paid DLC] The Many Simulation: Mini-strategy/management game where you grow Shodan's creation on Grove and later Tau Ceti V! Interquel to SS2! Wow.

Some ideas. Feel free to use these, Steve!

[FREE Update] New Shodan Skin - Original: It's closer to the original SS!
[FREE Update] Survival Mode: Permadeath! New and harder difficulty options! Much new survival mechanics!
[Paid DLC]: GroveCrash: Escape from the jettisoned Gamma Grove! Time limit (the life support has cut-off!)! Procedurally generated grove level!
[FREE Update] Experimental Armory: The new weapons that was originally planned for the canceled reboot version!
[FREE Update] New Shodan Skin - SS2: System Shock 2 version!
[Paid DLC] The Many Simulation: Mini-strategy/management game where you grow Shodan's creation on Grove and later Tau Ceti V! Interquel to SS2! Wow.

Doesn't look good enough for publishers, considering adding some ideas for a PUBG clone.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
EVkWjP6.jpg

Jonathan (Art/Environments)

Welcome home!

If you're wondering, yes, I am extracting the emissive (light producing) parts of the original textures to bring them to life the way they were intended in 1994 :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/2237646

July Update

Hello backers! It’s Stephen from Nightdive with this month’s update.
We’re busy reaching our September milestone which we’ve dubbed the, “Adventure Alpha” as it will be reminiscent of the original game with the difficulty set to zero. You’ll be able to freely traverse Citadel Station without the presence of enemies, pick up items, listen to audio logs, read emails and complete the game’s objectives from start to finish.

We were expecting to have all the levels blocked out by September, but with no other details...however, Jonathan has been able to apply the textures from System Shock to Daniel’s BSP giving us an insightful look into the original game. The textures have been modified to take advantage of PBR rendering and lighting placed to mimic the original. Here’s a first look…

This is what we were expecting to deliver in September:

6b9e32404e54f9b9293c22d34defe014_original.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

It’ll be a bit more like this now…

f2aef5ce32e96fee2f8fbc9989a7b6cd_original.png

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

3249de75343fde7f45ffccfbd075b247_original.png

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

122cfdd079eb3df7316cd5840607408c_original.png

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Keep in mind these are the original textures and not the final art! Not only will it make the Adventure Alpha more interesting but it will provide the team with a blueprint of how to approach updated art, lighting, level design, etc.

Besides that we’ve got a few assets and screens to share!

9dc4f032e0b4cd3eef03240b9cf69046_original.png

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

3063842b326734278dec2ece21ce4069_original.png

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

a91d5580e444c343ad50bf8e528ed749_original.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Robb has been working very hard on re-conceptualizing and revisiting some of the common items and elements on board the station. Objects such as doors, lifts, and items like the dermal patches are all seeing new iterations.

5f489861e519fd22faeb4b3c4f644b9c_original.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

5a20f3824461d0c98fc6130fe0d35a4d_original.gif

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

806845779dd034e22911b1216a7ff6fc_original.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

61e8ecf21ff120b2c7b3b1cb1c027158_original.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

39b32e01e965ded944e28fa3d191375c_original.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Survey...take 2!
So last time we had a hiccup with the surveys for the CITADEL CREW MEMBER, CYBORG ELITE, and HUMAN CORPSE backers. At this time, you should have your survey! If you do not, please send us a ticket here:

http://support.nightdivestudios.com/

⠀⠀⠀⠀

System Shock: Enhanced Edition Update!
We’re anticipating the release of the System Shock Source port to be at the end of the month!

If you still haven’t checked it out you can still opt in to the Beta on Steam!

We wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has been playing and reporting bugs and making suggestions!

You can opt-in to product betas by right clicking the System Shock: Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library and choosing "Properties".

Next, from the properties window select the tab titled "Betas". From this page select the “SOURCE PORT” beta from the drop-down menu.

The password is: saltthosefries

Join the System Shock: Enhanced Edition Discord channel to discuss changes, bugs, and anything else you encounter!

System Shock: ReWired!
@the_3RDplayer has been very busy! If you can’t get enough Shock be sure to check out his mod, System Shock: ReWired

System Shock: Rewired is the very first full fan made singleplayer campaign for the original System Shock in over 24 years! 3 brand new levels with branching paths, 4 new cyberspace sections, new puzzles, new audiologs (currently text only), new on-screen text and so much more awaits in the now dark corridors of the hospital ship UNN Bismarck. Playable with all existing versions of System Shock (Enhanced Edition recommended). What are you waiting for?

SHODAN waits for your return! And she is eager to end your - in her opinion - useless existence.

Download it here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sshockrewired

3e099f655633092366bbf54cd6dc137d_original.gif

⠀⠀⠀⠀

5937a73211fd64abd496aeb410a4670a_original.gif

⠀⠀⠀⠀

Streaming Update:
Here’s our upcoming streaming schedule!

July 13th Daniel @2pm PST

July 16th Daniel @2pm PST

July 18th Karlee @4pm PST

July 20th Stephen @6pm PST

July 23rd Daniel @2pm PST

July 25th Karlee @4pm PST

July 26th Karlee @4pm PST

July 27th Stephen @6pm PST

July 30th Daniel @2pm PST

If you missed any of our streams and want to catch up, you’re in luck! We’ve uploaded all of our streams to YouTube!

⠀⠀⠀⠀
Continued Communication:

Please join us on Discord!

3ca6fc1c92057af350ec4fbcb8c47b2c_original.png

https://discordapp.com/invite/nightdive

We’re in there every day answering questions!

See you next time~!

(。・ω・。)ノ♡Karlee Meow

Also find us on:

https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio

https://twitter.com/SystemShockGame

https://www.facebook.com/NightdiveStudios/

https://system-shock.backerkit.com/

https://shop.nightdivestudios.com/

http://forums.nightdivestudios.com/

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wait, a mod? For System Shock 1?!?

Time to investigate!

EDIT: Current version is 1.2.7, but there's an upcoming 1.3 'final' version, so one might want to hold off. Still, excellent news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom