Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tabletop and Boardgame Bundle Thread

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
We mentioned this sort of thing on this section of the 'Dex before, but we never made an official thread for tabletop RPG and boardgame bundle deals. This is an attempt to rectify that.

I'll start this off with the most recent Bundle of Holding deal, The Delta Green Bundle which includes the following:

http://bundleofholding.com/index/current

• Delta Green (retail price $20): Originally a sourcebook bringing Call of Cthulhu into the modern era, Delta Green quickly became its own game -- and a fan favorite. DG's compelling mix of conspiracies, UFOs, intelligence tactics, and Mythos terror has brought it unsurpassed praise. Of over 17,000 games, the authoritative RPG.net Game Index ranks the Delta Green corebook #2. (What's #1? Keep reading.)
  • Delta Green: Eyes Only (retail $15): Learn how the Mi-Go have shaped the American government for decades; get an in-depth look at the occult underground group The Fate; and discover the Mythos connection to the Philadelphia Experiment.
And if you pay more than the threshold price of $21.32, you'll level up and get our complete collection of five bonus titles, including two RPG supplements and a DG fiction collection in .PDF, and two novels in ePub format (suitable for the Nook family and most ereaders):

• Delta Green: Countdown (retail $20): A HUGE (over 400 pages) roleplaying supplement that digs deep into the twisted apocalypse of the 21st Century. The RPG.net Game Index has ranked Countdown #1 for five years straight. (.PDF)
  • Delta Green: Targets of Opportunity (retail $20): New rules, tips, and agencies, including the Canadian M-Epic, Disciples of the Worm, and Nyarlathotep's Cult of Transcendence. (.PDF)
  • Alien Intelligence (retail $5): An anthology of eight stories exploring the Delta Green setting as the 20th Century churns bloodily to a close. (.PDF)
  • Denied to the Enemy (retail $1, yes $1) by DG co-designer Dennis Detwiller: A heady mix of the Mythos and World War II, where the Nazi occult division Karotechia find the legendary city of Thule. (ePub)
  • Through a Glass, Darkly (retail $10) by Dennis Detwiller: In 2001, two Delta Green agents investigate a miracle that quickly leads to secrets and terrors at the heart of reality itself. (ePub)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
DriveThruRPG Free Tabletop Day 2014 Bundle of Rules and Supplements :

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=128081

I am not really into tabletop rpgs but I saw this on reddit , maybe someone is interested.
From what I understand most of the stuff in it are free anyway, but there are also some free only for today.

Nice, thanks for the link. I'll probably never use this stuff though (aside from Dragons of Faerun maybe) but it's always nice to get free P&P stuff.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm totally addicted to those Bundle of Holding deals - I've done 10 of them now: Zobeck / Midgard, Fate, Stars Without Number, traditional horror RPGs, Cthulhu RPGs, OSR, Worldbuilder's Kit, Dying Earth, RuneQuest and Classic Traveller.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm totally addicted to those Bundle of Holding deals - I've done 10 of them now: Zobeck / Midgard, Fate, Stars Without Number, traditional horror RPGs, Cthulhu RPGs, OSR, Worldbuilder's Kit, Dying Earth, RuneQuest and Classic Traveller.
How the fuck did I miss those bundles!!! Fuuuuuck!!!
The best way to keep track (sans this thread) is to sign up for the emails when buying a bundle. That's how I find out about them as they come out.

Now that this thread is here we can just update here anyway. I didn't know if there was much interest before.

Misconnected

Savant
Not familiar with this system myself, but I've heard good things about it.

It's a GUMSHOE game, like Esoterrorists & Night's Black Agents. I think the general RPG.net consensus is Trail is the squicky brother, so I'm guessing you should expect tasteful rape. Mind, I've never read any Trail material, so I can't really comment. Yet.

The GUMSHOE system itself is designed for heavily cinematic investigative/mystery play, and I guess very slightly famous for having skills that can't fail you. Basically, don't expect satisfying tactical combat, but do expect a system that's genuinely supportive of investigative play and things like spycraft (or at least, the NBA version is).

Misconnected

Savant
I'm half tempted to pick up the Deadlands bundle, just because it would be so completely out of character for me to even look at that genre :D

So... What's the system like? Any outstanding/interesting bits that an avid homebrewer might want to steal?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm half tempted to pick up the Deadlands bundle, just because it would be so completely out of character for me to even look at that genre :D

So... What's the system like? Any outstanding/interesting bits that an avid homebrewer might want to steal?

A "wizard" (Huckster) character class that casts spells by playing Poker with the devil? :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

The system uses variable amounts of dice and dice sizes. Your stat determines how big the dice are (from d4 to d12) and your skill determines how many you get.

And playing cards are used to represent a lot of things, like initiative and spellcasting.

Misconnected

Savant
Pendragon is mind blowing. System-wise it originally grew out of BRP, but apart from the SIZ characteristic you'd be unlikely to notice in 5th edition. The primary mechanics are Traits and Passions, which are all about the character of your character, rather than the ability of your character. It is very much an EMO RPG.

What makes the game mind blowing, though, is the setting and the Great Pendragon Campaign (one of bonus books in the bundle, and the only book beside the rules that you must have). The Great Pendragon Campaign is a monster of a campaign covering the nearly century long pseudo-historical rise and fall of King Arthur and his lands. And I say pseudo-historical here, because it is very much a Fantasy world, though not the kind with Magic Missiles. But it is also just about the most well-researched shit you'll ever find outside actual history textbooks.

Very simply put: Pendragon is fucking awesome. Even if you don't play RPGs, you should seriously consider picking up the bundle just for reading material.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's an Eclipse Phase bundle up now. Anyone ever played this? Sounds like an interesting setting at least.

If you like transhumanist/horror stuf, then yeah, it's the best SF game there is...

Its solar system setting of an exiled transhumanity with its many weird polities and communities and the political and economical rivalries between factions are also very well done.
The game setting also has a rather strong anarchist and anticapitalist bias, so if that bothers you... too bad.

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eclipse Phase is pretty good. It throws up lots of ethical questions regarding transhumanism in a future where mankind is doomed and earth is destroyed. It's hard sci-fi for the most part and great for either one shot adventures or dirty short campaigns or even a long term campaign of epic scale in which the fate of humanity will be decided once and for all.

You can either play it as a pure political system with the players being diplomats, journalists and intriguers or you can use one of the many plots the system provides you with for a more classical approach like some kind of teleporting gates that lead into alien worlds, the AI that destroyed earth but retreated all of a sudden with humanity still fearing they might return one day, or even the discovery of alien life.

Definitely worth a try.

m_s0

Arcane

Alchemist

Arcane
There's an Eclipse Phase bundle up now. Anyone ever played this? Sounds like an interesting setting at least.
Take a look for yourself:
http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/

The only book that's missing there is the most recent Zone Stalkers, but the pdf is already out in the wild if you look for it. In case someone wonders, it's legal to distribute and download all the books:
http://eclipsephase.com/cclicense

Cool policy.
Wow - that is very cool of them! Now I wonder what the point of doing the bundle sale is. I guess so people can donate to them and the charity if they really like the game. Or people that didn't know they are free (like me).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom