Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tale of Wuxia - Prequel released on Steam too

laclongquan

Arcane
Sex in wuxia genre is essentially a card with a name on it. No graphic details. Hell, you are lucky if you can get a clear image of the girls' personalities and outer appearances.

But no English?

Severian Silk

Is this a party based game? How large of parties?

Is this a party based game? How large of parties?

Party based = kindof. many of the situations the story forces a party to you (but can vary depending on choices). The maximum i noticed was 5.

There are two phases. One is town exploration phase. where u control mc do quests, get loot, trade stuff, get into fights etc etc.

The other phase is simulation phase. where you decide how to spend your month to increase basic stats, to train skills, to train combat moves etc.

Tigranes

Arcane
Huh. Is it any good? Does it have a story? How tactical is the combat?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yes, it's pretty fun. You will lose some fights - it's ok. You're nobody in Wulin, after all. Not THAT legendary Nobody, just plain nobody. Game understands it.

Huh. Is it any good? Does it have a story? How tactical is the combat?
ITs quite fun. Think of it is "i am a martial artist!" game. Story can be cheesy at times (along with some quest triggers) = but a lot of story and gameplay CnC there. You cna join the "evil" side, become a poison expert focusing on DoT, become a fag musician who uses a mini harp in battle (one of the most powerful movesets ingame btw) etc. Combat is fun but if you unlock powerful movesets, it becomes faceroll. Some fo the optional fights are very challenging even with the OP movesets though.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That does sound like fun. Is the translation bearable enough? I'm not expecting top brass, but at least above NES quality.

That does sound like fun. Is the translation bearable enough? I'm not expecting top brass, but at least above NES quality.

Translation quality is inconsistent. usually its far better than NES quality... but someplaces the original chinese text isn't translated. But that is mostly non critical banter from unimportant NCPs. Overall quite decent if you ignore some untranslated stuff.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Cool, may it prosper in my wishlist until I feel like playing a Chinese RPG. :salute:

Severian Silk

Steam reviews say we should wait to buy it after a couple of patches.

Also, I await the official Codex review.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, played it last night and this morning and i gotta say its great. Love everything about it and seriously thinking about buying it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Wuxia (well, specifically Legend of Condor Heroes '83 - Felix Wong, Barbara Yeung) probably shaped my taste in fiction and possibly influenced my mindset my whole life. Might be why I gravitate(d) so much towards fantasy novels and capefaggotry comics. And looking for meaningful occupations and just ones purely for enjoyment.

Lhynn

Arcane
Can I learn the 18 Dragon Palm?
Yes, best martial art in the game ive heard, no idea how to get it tho. Some event in year 3 or 4 probably.

The whole game in rpg mode plays like age of decadence, in sim mode like a martial arts training simulator, and the closest thing to it would be academagia. Game plays great and i found even the minigames to be enjoyable.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Can I learn the 18 Dragon Palm?
Yes, best martial art in the game ive heard, no idea how to get it tho. Some event in year 3 or 4 probably.

The whole game in rpg mode plays like age of decadence, in sim mode like a martial arts training simulator, and the closest thing to it would be academagia. Game plays great and i found even the minigames to be enjoyable.

Stop the pirates in Hangzhou > improve friendship with the beggar guy > feed him whenever he turns up in 'travel' events > complete the Chengdu plot and have good cooking skills > cook the beggar mapo tofu when given the chance > win the cooking event in year 4, either by cooking beggar's chicken if you don't have 100 cooking or cook whatever you want if you do have 100 cooking > you get 18 dragon subduing palm.

Mustawd

Cant read azn speak

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom