Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Gakkone

Yes, its a feature added recently, get the most recent version from Google Play. When you need to quit just save the game and it will dump you out. Its to keep you from save scumming, but many people wanted to be able to save just like you.

Or just play Casual and you can save till your hearts content.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Or just play Casual and you can save till your hearts content.

Never! :eek:

I like my games difficult but I don't like difficulty being tied to the save system, particularly not in a mobile game like this. But it's fine now that you can at least save and quit. Might be that I'll end up continuing this after all, but we'll see.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Gakkone please do!

With recent reviews like these you might be doing yourself a disservice if you don't ;-P
Joe Lamont on Jul 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Best RPG I've ever played, it is THE best RPG I've played, and that includes all the Final Fantasy games :) Bloody good job with this one :D

Jason Sweetman on Jul 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Unique labor of love I don't usually post reviews, being over 30 I've seen the same formulas over saturating the market for years. I had to review this one. I thought i knew exactly what to expect, an Oregon trail style game with RPG elements. I was partially right, but so many devs just go through the motions. This is a 2 man team(!) Who obviously are lifelong RPG fans, and this project exudes love for the genre. Any Oregon, Quest for glory, baldur's gate,or even new RPG fan must try this one out. Tons of party customization, replay value, branching paths, etc. On top of that, its constantly being tweaked and expanded on. Such a simple concept made accessible to modern gamers and older players alike. Easy 5 stars.

Saurabh Shukul on Jul 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Best mobile game ever. I have never played something so enjoyable, beautiful, deep on a mobile device, with such an extensive storyline and lore, and I have played many of the top end AAA variety RPGs with flashy graphics on here. The developers have really put their hearts into this, I feel almost guilty getting it on sale, but I'll cover it by spreading the word about this hidden gem.

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
Looks like a proper cRPG Android I was looking for! Too bad I'm stuck with Android 2.3 on my phone :-(

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Good grief, winter came and the game got twice as hard. :) After finally arriving to the barbarian king I'm supposed to convince to join our side, everyone demoralized, injured and infected, we're pitted against 6 (!!'!) of his best warriors. What. :D

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
@Iogrus

The funny this is that we removed Android 2.0 support right before launch. The game can run on any device but 2.0 Apps get 1/2 the memory so some 2.0 phones would need to use a lower resolution graphics package. But conveying this to customers while getting 1 star reviews just didn't seem like something I wanted to mess with.

Siveon

Yes we are hoping to but we are limited on man power on the programming front so it may take awhile. We got plenty of writers so we are moving forward quickly on sequels.

Thanks,
Chad

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Little Killerz do you have a chart that shows how the afflictions your characters suffer affects their stats? Also, it took me awhile to level my characters enough to actually take on the barbarian king's six fighters (I kept traveling between the towns around his city to farm the xp from random encounters) and now several npcs have commented on my character being too cautious. Is this by design and the game knows I've been wandering the countryside all Spring and Summer or is it just coincidental random banter?

Haven't played it religiously but am playing about an hour the last several nights before I go to sleep. I'm just surprised I'm enjoying an Android phone game so much :oops:. Regardless, this has been a very enjoyable game so far and I'm off the kill the Earth Elemantalists...

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
mindx2

Really glad you like the game.

It was our hope that you wouldn't have to grind. I tried to design the encounters so when taking a direct route to them you should be high enough level to overcome them. That makes me sad :-(

That banter can be triggered by high/low morale, high/low karma, low/high provisions, low money, illnesses or many other reasons. They are probably saying you are being cautious because your karma is high.

Straight from the code your ailments....

this.name = "Black Death";
this.canBeCuredWithRest = false;
this.type = Ailment.TYPE_DISEASE;
this.description = "A painful disease caused by a hemorrhaging virus. The virus weakens the affected character in all areas. The Black Death can only be cured at a chapel.";
this.affectsAgility = true;
this.affectsIntellect = true;
this.affectsStrength = true;

this.name = "Brain Worms";
this.description = "Brain worms are parasites that feeds on brain tissue. The victim suffers a lower intellect level. Brain Worms can only be removed at a chapel.";

this.name = "Cold";
this.canBeCuredWithRest = true;
this.daysToHeal = 1.5f * (severity * -1);
this.description = "The common cold. Afflicted characters heal at a slower rate while camping. A cold can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";
this.affectsHealing = true;

this.name = "Dysentery";
this.description = "Dysentery is caused by drinking unclean water. The infected character's strength is lowered, and they regain health much more slowly while camping. Dysentery can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Flu";
this.daysToHeal = 1.5f * (severity * -1);this.daysToHeal = 3;
this.description = "The common flu. A character suffering from the flu will regain health much more slowly while camping. The flu can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Shaking Disease";
this.description = "Shaking disease is a sickness affecting the central nervous system. The victim's Agility is lowered. Shaking Disease can only be cured at a chapel.";

this.name = "SwampRot";
this.description = "Swap Rot is a wasting disease. The victim's Strength suffers, and they heal more slowly while camping. Swamp Rot can only be cured at a chapel.";

this.name = "Tummy Ache";
this.description = "The tummy ache. Afflicted characters heal at a slower rate while camping. A tummy ache can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Broken Hand";
this.type = Ailment.TYPE_WOUND;
this.description = "A broken hand affects the character's Agility. A broken hand must be treated at a chapel to heal.";

this.name = "Broken Ribs";
this.daysToHeal = 2f * (severity * -1);
this.description = "Broken ribs decrease the afflicted character's strength. Broken ribs can heal over time while camping, or by being treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Burn";
this.description = "The character has a bad burn, which slows their health regeneration while camping. Burns must be treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Concussion";
this.daysToHeal = 1f * (severity * -1);
this.description = "A severe head wound that affects the character's Intellect. A concussion can heal over time while camping, or by being treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Infected Wound";
this.description = "A festering wound that wont heal on its own. The afflicted character will regain their health more slowly while camping. Infected Wounds must be treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Sprained Ankle";
this.description = "A sprained ankle affects the character's speed in battle. A sprained ankle can heal over time while camping, or by being treated at a chapel.";
this.affectsSpeed = true;

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2

Really glad you like the game.

It was our hope that you wouldn't have to grind. I tried to design the encounters so when taking a direct route to them you should be high enough level to overcome them. That makes me sad :-(

That banter can be triggered by high/low morale, high/low karma, low/high provisions, low money, illnesses or many other reasons. They are probably saying you are being cautious because your karma is high.

Straight from the code your ailments....

this.name = "Black Death";
this.description = "A painful disease caused by a hemorrhaging virus. The virus weakens the affected character in all areas. The Black Death can only be cured at a chapel.";

this.name = "Brain Worms";
this.description = "Brain worms are parasites that feeds on brain tissue. The victim suffers a lower intellect level. Brain Worms can only be removed at a chapel.";

this.name = "Cold";
this.description = "The common cold. Afflicted characters heal at a slower rate while camping. A cold can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Dysentery";
this.description = "Dysentery is caused by drinking unclean water. The infected character's strength is lowered, and they regain health much more slowly while camping. Dysentery can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Flu";
this.daysToHeal = 1.5f * (severity * -1);this.daysToHeal = 3;
this.description = "The common flu. A character suffering from the flu will regain health much more slowly while camping. The flu can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Shaking Disease";
this.description = "Shaking disease is a sickness affecting the central nervous system. The victim's Agility is lowered. Shaking Disease can only be cured at a chapel.";

this.name = "SwampRot";
this.description = "Swap Rot is a wasting disease. The victim's Strength suffers, and they heal more slowly while camping. Swamp Rot can only be cured at a chapel.";

this.name = "Tummy Ache";
this.description = "The tummy ache. Afflicted characters heal at a slower rate while camping. A tummy ache can be cured by camping or by visiting a chapel.";

this.name = "Broken Hand";
this.description = "A broken hand affects the character's Agility. A broken hand must be treated at a chapel to heal.";

this.name = "Broken Ribs";
this.daysToHeal = 2f * (severity * -1);
this.description = "Broken ribs decrease the afflicted character's strength. Broken ribs can heal over time while camping, or by being treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Burn";
this.description = "The character has a bad burn, which slows their health regeneration while camping. Burns must be treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Concussion";
this.description = "A severe head wound that affects the character's Intellect. A concussion can heal over time while camping, or by being treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Infected Wound";
this.description = "A festering wound that wont heal on its own. The afflicted character will regain their health more slowly while camping. Infected Wounds must be treated at a chapel.";

this.name = "Sprained Ankle";
this.description = "A sprained ankle affects the character's speed in battle. A sprained ankle can heal over time while camping, or by being treated at a chapel.";
this.affectsSpeed = true;

Thanks. Also, don't be too concerned about the grind as I do tend to be overly cautious before entering "big battles." Which is why I was actually surprised to like encountering those two trolls in the cave when looking for the nobles kid. I was so not prepared for that fight and barely managed to win it! But that's probably why I enjoyed the encounter so much :D. In fact, your random encounters are really good and varied that I'm enjoying wandering the countryside and don't feel "rushed" to continue the story. You designed the story well in the main "threat" is something that can be tackled over time and isn't some cheap "ancient evil is invading our realm! yet nothing ever seems to happen or effect the gameworld" type scenario.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Ok I feel better, glad you are enjoying those events! Our events also change with your progression into the story. For instance the patrols you encounter will react differently to you, people in the bars will be talking about your exploits etc...

mindx2

Patron
Ok I feel better, glad you are enjoying those events! Our events also change with your progression into the story. For instance the patrols you encounter will react differently to you, people in the bars will be talking about your exploits etc...

I definitely noticed how npcs were reacting to my party. I loved the one group that attacked me because they didn't like the fact that my party had been helping people along the road and that got their panties all in a knot :D

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
mindx2

Lol! Well there is an absolute shit ton more of that to come. Please share more of your adventures and thoughts as you progress.

Thanks,
Chad

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
mindx2

Definitely going to be a PC version and I want the map and codex even more than you. It will take some time though as I got a day job and am working on the sequel.

mindx2

Patron
Little Killerz, not trying to pry into the business aspect of your endeavor but was this a financial success for you? Was a $5.99 Android game profitable/popular enough that it will warrant a sequel and PC version?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Not at all! But here is the thing...

1. We invested a huge amount in tools and game engine.
2. The sequels will cost a fraction to produce compared to the original we really just have to pay the writers. Although our artist still has a lot of work as he is completing the Vasena graphics
3. We will likely see 5+ years of sales, especially since this game is so unique. Its really interactive fiction.
4. We hope sequels will help sell the original and vise versa, we hope as the series gets established more and more people will know about it and buy it.

It's the ports I'm having trouble justifying at this point as I'm done working the 60+ work weeks(I have a day job) and I'm the only coder on the team and making the ports is such a huge pain in the ass. I am devoting about 20 hours a week still to the game so it will get done eventually.

Chad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom