Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

vazha

Arcane
hello, littlekillerz. I think i've got a little bug. when I blow the docks up in narcena, at the last slide (which says I'm unconscious or smth like that), pushing the continue button causes the screen to flicker and the game freezes. Please help me solve this, because I've already gone this far and I'd love to finish it. And congratulations for a very well made debut too.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
vazha LOL! This tells me you have one of the very first released versions of the game which almost certainty means you pirated it. But with that said I'm still glad you are playing it.

The issue with your version is related to blowing up the docks in the winter. The Winter version of the docks picture was saved as a png instead of jpg. Anyways either buy the game or find a newer APK and you will be back in business.

Thanks,
Chad

vazha

Arcane
Piracy, motherfucker. Read the motherfucking rules!
Well, well, here in Georgia you cannt really order things much, so it's pirated, I confess. Could i just wait till the winter is over? :d

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
vazha yes you can do that. But there are many newer APK's out there. You really should upgrade as you will encounter other bugs and miss out on new content.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
First time I've ever seen a developer give the okay for someone to pirate their material. I'm also not sure what being in Georgia has to do with ordering the game. If you can get on these forums and you can download an APK, you can order the game; because, you clearly have access to the Internet. If you don't have the money, you should just say that you don't have the money. Maybe some kind soul will purchase a copy for you. And, if you're enjoying this game, don't you think the developers deserve your measly $4.99 (sometimes less when it's on sale)?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
ProphetSword Thanks dude! I never pirate anything and really frown upon it! But the reality is that I can't do anything about it, so I'm not going to get mad about it. I just hope it help spreads the word about the game. Plus we make games for people to play so I guess there is a little pleasure to be taken from that.

Currently pirated copies account for 1/2 of the installs....

Thanks,
Chad

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Wow, I didn't realize that piracy was that out of control in Android apps. That's too bad, considering how cheap they are. And, as I've said before, your game is a steal at $4.99. I've been to busy to play it recently, but that's the nice thing about it...it's easy to jump in and out of it without really losing where you are. That makes it totally worth the money because you can play it long term at your leisure.

Also, I know you can't do anything about it. But, while we all like to stick it to the big corporations from time to time, the little developers are the ones that should be supported. Otherwise, they tend to dry up and go away. We wouldn't want that.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
ProphetSword LOL I though 50% was low. Yes its definitely hard to make it. We are in the middle of a big bubble. Too many games to play not enough time....

oscar

Arcane
Must be a special brand of cheapskate to not fork out $4.99 to an indie developer.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Lol! Guys I think he means Georgia like eastern Europe. Life's hard out there in Stalin's home country.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Could be that Google Play doesn't allow Georgian credit cards to be linked, or his family doesn't have a card to use. I, for example, can't buy music on iTunes, it just won't allow me. (and I do have a net-compatible card) I'm in Czech Republic though, not Georgia.

vazha

Arcane
Well done job, guys, badmouthing people you barely know about. I'm not in US Georgia, its a country if you didnt know and while life is not that hard here and i dont need any kind soul to buy me bread, there are certain limitations when ordering through internet. For example, as merlkir already said, my credit card is not accepted by Paypal and such sites and those that accept, ask for additional fee no matter the initial order cost. Thank you for your attention. Also limitations due to Russian internet brand are common.

Now, LittleKillerz, thanx a bunch for your kind response. Can you tell me whether there is any changelog listing the changes from my, earlier version of the game?

p.s. Sorry for my bad english, not my mother tongue. Feel free to ridicule me for this as well, though, if this gives you guys any pleasure.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Your credit card is not accepted by Google either?
Because your bank might ask for a minor additional fee you won't ... pay ?

Someone is always at fault, isn't it?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
vazha Unfortunately the offical change log on Google play has a 500 character limit. So I only have the most recent change log. I didn't have the presence of mind to save it. What you really need to know is the the most recent version is 1.75 the version you have is probably 1.0 so you are behind 75 updates.

Thanks,
Chad

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
vazha FYI when installing APKs from websites....

http://blog.strategiccyber.com/2013/09/05/how-to-crack-cobalt-strike-and-backdoor-it/

The take away. It's just as easy to comment out DRM checks as it is to inject malicious code. Be careful of what you install or you may find....

1. SMS messages to premium numbers.
2. Key loggers stealing you passwords.
3. Your email and Facebook accounts hacked.
4. Your data encrypted and held hostage.
5. Your camera and mic turned on spying on you.
5. Etc... Etc...

Thanks,
Chad

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cross-posting this here from the Matt Chat thread:

PC version is still in the works, which I'm glad to hear.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are there any timed quests in this game that will make encumbrance something to worry about? And will there be any in the next games?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hi ERYFKRAD

No, we intended to but did not. The game engine supports this but as of yet I don't think any of the writers are making any quests like this. Its just really annoying walking slow.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's supposed to be annoying, but the artwork really takes a lot of irritation out of it.
Also does/should fur spoil?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Fur is used up in the winter. Each day, each party member has a 25% chance of consuming their fur.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Fur is used up in the winter. Each day, each party member has a 25% chance of consuming their fur.
I meant an event like where a lot of your food or water spoils, y'know, the ones that happen when you have way too much done or water.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
No there is not a fur spoilage event, you might lose some if your packs get a hole or some gremlins steal your goods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom