Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tapatalk Brofisting compatibility

Attn: the management

Used to be that when browsing the codex via tapatalk one could select a quality post and one of several options displayed (amongst others such as "quote", "report", and "share") was "like". Upon "liking" a post a brofist would be administered. This is no longer the case. Can this functionality be restored? As I believe is self-evident: this is serious business and should be addressed immediately. The rampant discrimination against the monocled gentlemen who mostly browse the 'dex while commuting must stop.

I am also all for functionality being restored, but tied to some other rating. Preferably :shittydog:

Sincerely,

A Concerned Codexian.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I don't think anyone tapagives a tapafuck.

Some additional functionality that would be useful would be to mark the username of any post delivered by tapatalk as 'tapatard'. This would give the monocled commuter the attention they desire. Note, this would not be a permanent tag, just for those posts made using tapatalk.

Also, stop fucking reading the Codex while driving. It's no wonder people keep nearly hitting me when I'm cycling.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I was thinking of uninstalling Tapatalk. Just seems to be generating errors in the back-end and you've got basic web functionality if you visit in your phone browser anyway.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I was thinking of uninstalling Tapatalk. Just seems to be generating errors in the back-end and you've got basic web functionality if you visit in your phone browser anyway.
Please, don't. Not only it is convenient to browse the forum, it saves a lot of bandwidth when Wi-Fi is not an option and frankly, using the Codex and the forum without it is a pain, due to lack of responsive design.

I don't think anyone tapagives a tapafuck.

Some additional functionality that would be useful would be to mark the username of any post delivered by tapatalk as 'tapatard'. This would give the monocled commuter the attention they desire. Note, this would not be a permanent tag, just for those posts made using tapatalk.

Also, stop fucking reading the Codex while driving. It's no wonder people keep nearly hitting me when I'm cycling.

Some of us live in civilized area where "commute" translates to "time-spent-on-a-train". No non-shitposter would endanger lives by giving preference to the Codex over human safety

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He's more like The Brazilian Slayer now that he's had an actual 3D girlfriend and all.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Who the fuck still uses Tap-a-cuck? Most mobile browsers now support fixed width, so the Codex and most other forums are perfectly usable as is.

Yes, yes. AMERICAN CARNAGE; very cute.

And while I appreciate the easy dig, Chicago is rountinely held up by urban planners as an example of public transit done right; from my own personal travel experience only Paris exceeds it, but I understand that many East-Asian cities also have excellent public transit systems.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Also, stop fucking reading the Codex while driving.

What other rights do want to trample on while you're at it? Next you'll be telling me I can't read the Codex while walking on the sidewalk, or I can't even blink while driving for fear of making a split second mistake.

Fucking liberals.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The ads are what's keeping this place free for everyone, since this obviously needs to be pointed out. Just donate a few bucks and get ad-free access to everything and don't be a leech.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The ads are what's keeping this place free for everyone, since this obviously needs to be pointed out. Just donate a few bucks and get ad-free access to everything and don't be a leech.

Ahem...

patron3.gif

Especially on phone/tablet browsers, your login details are not always saved. So if you open a post in them, you are back to BIG ASS SCREEN FILLING ADS.

No such problem with Tapatalk.

PS this is one of those times where the "gimme dem dolla bills" rating would be handy...

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I was replying to Drog. As for login not saving, it's only not saving if you don't tick the "remember me" box or have cookies disabled or some addon blocking scripts/cookies interfering with normal forum operation. You'd have a similar "problem" if you weren't logged in in Tapatalk.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Anybody else is having trouble navigating the Codex with Tapatalk? I can't log in and whenever I try to access a thread it appears blank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom