Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tasteful Understated Nerdrage/MrBtongue Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This guy has been fairly active recently. Let's give him a dedicated thread.

TUN, aka MrBtongue, is a fairly monocled Youtube commentator on popamole console RPG affairs.

"A Tale of Two Companies" is probably his most well-known video on the Codex:

Some more examples:

On Dragon Age 2

On Dark Souls

On Diablo 3

On Elder Scrolls

Murk

Arcane
He takes a while to make his points, but they're not bad. I can't say I agree with everything, but he definitely has some insight on matters and offers reasonable explanations for what he thinks without coming off as too much of a tool. Yahtzee should adopt some of this "not full of shit" lines into his humor schtick and I think he'd be far more enjoyable, because as of now he's just a low-brow comedian that fails to tackle the real root of the problems he criticizes, unlike the comedians that can entertain and inform/educate simultaneously.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I really appreciate this guy's commentary. Smart and entertaining. I don't think he's overly long or too brief, either. He seems to fundamentally understand the issues with many games and looks past a lot of the surface factors that many people cling to. He also appreciates the business side of things and isn't simply demanding "moar gamez, nao" - he has some class and credibility.

EDIT: Also, damn good Elder Scrolls video.

He's quite long winded, but then you have to spell things out letter by letter these days if you want people to understand. Pretty good videos all around.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
watching the elder scrolls one now. hes articulate and i agree with what he says, i had a great time in morrowind, getting immersed in the setting, reading all the books and trying to make heads or tails of the lore. oblivion was decidedly boring though :X

very cool that he actually lists all his sources, gonna subscribe to this g

circ

Arcane
Guy's voice ruins it for me. He sounds like GabeN eating a burger and drooling, with two chopsticks thrust up his nose. Also, straying from the subject, which would be fine if it were interesting - get to the fucking point.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Quality videos. I don't agree with all of his points but they are well made. If he was slightly angrier, he'd fit right in around these parts.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Watch his Mass Effect 3 videos and you'll hear lot of Biowarefanboi bullshit "OMG Teh ending ruined perfect gaem!"

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Watched 3 of them, don't agree with everything this guy says but he isn't painful to listen too. Well thought out and interesting presentation and the few jokes he made were kind of funny. Might watch more at some point.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A monocled LARPer... Interesting.

LARP is good when it's czech women in skimpy leather costumes LARPING dirty fighting and having sex with each other. (can't find the link to the pictures right now)

*goes to google image search*

*types in "czech women larp"*

$(KGrHqFHJDkE8flmDMYVBPIvE4d0fg~~60_35.JPG

:what:

*tries "Czech skyrim larp" instead*

dragon1a.jpg

:incline:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That first one looks more like reenactment than LARP, or at least like historical LARP.

EDIT:
Yeah, more like historical LARP. Reenactment would use proper melee weapons made of iron instead of latex.

I take a look at the second one, somewhere at the middle. I see dog licking furry's face. Stop watching.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
"A Tale of Two Companies" is probably his most well-known video on the Codex:

Geeee, it takes him 17 minutes to explain that Bioware/EA is shit? What a waste of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom