Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tasteful Understated Nerdrage/MrBtongue Thread

eremita

Savant
I lost all my respect for him when i see what games he likes. I can't believe the words of a person that doesn't admit fallout 3 is steaming pile of shit.
That game is shitty Fallout, sure. But it's strong in different aspects...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I lost all my respect for him when i see what games he likes. I can't believe the words of a person that doesn't admit fallout 3 is steaming pile of shit.
In what aspects? The game is shit in every aspect. Story is retarded, combat is lackluster because of the shitty game engine, characters are poorly writen and childish, quests are completly uninspired fedex crap, graphics were mediocre even when it was released. The exploration isnt even that great when you stumble at a new location every couple of minutes, and non of them are particularly interesting.

Lhynn

Arcane
Fallout 3 was a good idea with shit execution, sometimes thats enough.

eremita

Savant
In what aspects? The game is shit in every aspect. Story is retarded, combat is lackluster because of the shitty game engine, characters are poorly writen and childish, quests are completly uninspired fedex crap, graphics were mediocre even when it was released. The exploration isnt even that great when you stumble at a new location every couple of minutes, and non of them are particularly interesting.
Exploration and hoarding, my good sir!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

If I wanted to play a TES game, I would play a TES game instead of Oblivion with guns. But alas, poor Fallout fan.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Well, remove the name and tell me how it doesnt make sense?
From a financial standpoint it was a mine of gold, a success on every level and only left a few fans butthurt, that is it. And later we got NV, so w/e, we at least got something good out of that.
From business standpoint yeah it was good. But we're not the shareholders of the fucking Zenimax so who cares how much money they made or how much they sold. Game was utter pile of shit with nothing of value in it. Even worse, they destroyed our beloved franchise by introducing retarded audience the world of fallout. The audience that calls FNV shit because "it does not make any sense" or "it lacks any exploration".

I don't care if they butcher their own franchises(Oblivion) but stop raping our memories.

As you can understand from my rant. I hate Fallout 3 with passion and it is my most hated game of all time because how much they fucked up the legacy they carry on their name.

Last edited:

Horus

Arcane
Exploration? Where? People in the world(Which are too fucking rare) are the most inane people you can see. There is not even one memorable npc in the whole fucking game. Places are mostly carbon copy of each other (Am i the only one that found washington DC beign filled with metro tunels super boring?), Boring liveless desolate places that is filled with retarded people that should have been left to dead years ago. There is nothing of value in the game world and frankly it's better if you don't wander too much because it actually helps in decreasing the amount of rape they did to the franchise if you stick your head on the ground and just complete the main quest. Main quest is the biggest offender but if you want to finish the game at the price of your sanity, least you could do is sticking only to that and minimize the damage.

Hoarding? There are nothing of value to hoard. And as it is usual in all bethesda games you will turn into walking god in 5 hours to the game. So nothing is left to collect. There's not any interesting or powerful item that you can collect so there are no hoarding. Plus ammo doesn't have weight so you probably won't need to open any container after a while.

Wish i could go back in time and slap the hell out of my naive younger self for wasting his time.

Whiner

Savant
He talks in more civilized manner and it's not edgy like us.
If you want good discussion with your videos,you can't just go and say "Fallout 3 and Mass effect are shit and if you like them you are idiot."
He just criticize them normally.

Lhynn

Arcane
From business standpoint yeah it was good. But we're not the shareholders of the fucking Zenimax so who cares how much money they made or how much they sold. Game was utter pile of shit with nothing of value in it. Even worse, they destroyed our beloved franchise by introducing retarded audience the world of fallout. The audience that calls FNV shit because "it does not make any sense" or "it lacks any exploration".

I don't care if they butcher their own franchises(Oblivion) but stop raping our memories.

As you can understand from my rant. I hate Fallout 3 with passion and it is my most hated game of all time because how much they fucked up the legacy they carry on their name.
Eh. i mostly ignore fallout's 3 existence and im thankful FNV exists. The elements of the game werent bad, the writing and the way they put those elements together was retarded shit, and didnt let me enjoy it, but it had the potential to be great.
As for being butthurt about games, im butthurt only with bioware latest games, as they felt like a stupid waste of time and i want those hours i dedicated to them back, never gonna touch their shit again. Bethesda sold out to consoletards, but their kiddie stupid and broken games are at least enjoyable on some level.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 3 is great though. I don't know what Bethesda was thinking when they bought the licence only to lease it to Obsidian to make the actual game. I wonder if and when Bethesda might actually make a Fallout game, but so far they haven't, so. . .

Horus

Arcane
If you want good discussion with your videos,you can't just go and say "Fallout 3 and Mass effect are shit and if you like them you are idiot."
First watch the video i'm having problem with.

Real thing starts after 9:30 so you can skip to that.

Yes, i can understand him not going all the way for the distinct possibility of him working in the industry(Journalist or writer) in the future. But i can't respect a person that tries to sugarcoat his opinions for the fear of opposition. Fallout 3 is shit and even if he can't call it shit he should at least say it was a game that is lacking the quality expected from a fallout game. He can like playing it but liking the game does not make the game in question a good one.

I hate gaming journalism and stopped following them altogether after the fallout 3 fiasco years ago(one of the reasons i played that turd too). And the main reason i follow codex is people here being honest about what they think. People here give their opinions clearly without holding back and that's the main charm of this place. If this guy can't say fallout is a below mediocre game quality wise, i can't respect his opinions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex Fallacy #39: "All the smart RPG developers and critics are actually Codexian! They all secretly agree with us, they're just hiding it! Because there's no way a person could be intelligent and well-spoken and not agree entirely with the RPG Codex!"

Akratus

Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well they'd have to wade through regular posts to get to the fine arguments. And by that point they're likely too depressed to make an rpg ever again anyway.

Murk

Arcane
Dudebro has some level 1 opinions. They become more apparent the bigger the issues he tries to tackle. Ehh at least it's not more slobbering at the mouth over graphics but there's really nothing _new_ here, and even tho he takes 10 minutes to make 1-3 points they are usually really simple points that most mofugs make in a paragraph or two. Donno man, it ain't no redlettermedia of gaming*, basically.

*I am aware they do game reviews; I do not think I want to watch them tho.

Akratus

Patron
It's not the smart guy that does them. It's the fake plinkett guy. He recommends console action games. So yeah, nothing of note at all.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah well guys he even admits he has to tiptoe the line between mainstream and a more highbrow approach; if he where trashing everything comercial and praising ToEE he would have 10k viewers at best but he has a peculiar way of explaining his viewpoints with mass media products so everybody can understand where he is coming from. As Infinitron said, the fact that he is a persuasive, well spoken and cultured individual and he actually like Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and games like PST and Dark Souls is what doesn't compute; isn't everybody with a brain supposed to reject those popamole games?
Does liking PST and those games automaticaly sets you up as a gaming connoseur who can do no wrong?
He is right about the gaming academia saying places like this are the closest because we tend to favor having a sense of gaming history and perspective, but since there are no established guidelines between what makes a "good" game or a "bad" game we are left clocking arround like chickens about inmersun, C&C, popamole and whatever.
Part of the problem is that videogames never started as artistic expresions in the first place; they where not created with the purpose of anything but entertainment and even as the media itself evolved and devoped artistic tendencies it never strayed from the concept of entertainment
Plus unlike other artistic endevors, videogames where always visualized as a money making concept first and foremost so for its continued creation they must be profitable, and such profitability comes from reaching a wider audience

Lhynn

Arcane
Dont compare Dark souls to fallout 3 please. He doesnt like Dark Souls, he loves it, to him its the apex of game design, one of the few perfect masterpieces in the gaming world.
On the other hand he thinks fallout 3 was fun, which it was, if you got past the cringworthy writing.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

I had this kind of thoughts before, but instead of what do they it I try to guess where do they poop. Only the Nehrim team has been capable of adding a potty and beds to every single dungeon populated by humans.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Yes, i can understand him not going all the way for the distinct possibility of him working in the industry(Journalist or writer) in the future. But i can't respect a person that tries to sugarcoat his opinions for the fear of opposition. Fallout 3 is shit and even if he can't call it shit he should at least say it was a game that is lacking the quality expected from a fallout game. He can like playing it but liking the game does not make the game in question a good one.

I hate gaming journalism and stopped following them altogether after the fallout 3 fiasco years ago(one of the reasons i played that turd too). And the main reason i follow codex is people here being honest about what they think. People here give their opinions clearly without holding back and that's the main charm of this place. If this guy can't say fallout is a below mediocre game quality wise, i can't respect his opinions.

I think the basic problem with that dude is that he treats stuff like consistency and good mechanics as a bonus, not as a mandatory thing for considering game good.
I think that stuff like that comes with the territory of being primarily a cRPG fan, not coming from the simulation/wargaming background.

Delterius

Arcane
Its an oversimplification but let's think how we weight games in the terms of scoring. In that sense, what you gents are witnessing is merely the difference between ranging the full spectrum that one proposes to lead (be it 5 stars or 1 through 10) and just jumping in between the extremes. While 'journalists' love their 9s and 10s, shitposters and try hards tend to judge as complete and utter shit anything which is neither superb nor fit precisely with their tastes. In that sense, the Codex isn't so different than the press hype machine we are all used to.

Not saying Fallout 3 is thus because, frankly, I didn't bother. But there is such a thing as a 5/10 = average and unremarkable. The sort of game that might please people who like a genre in its specificity but lacks an extra oomph or competence that makes it truly worth recommending. The sort which, with a little bit more effort could lead to a rough gem. From what you're saying, I think FO3 could be one of those.

But I suspect that even if I was right, it would take an unpassionate mind to say so. You know, to scrap away the hype set by the press and reach a balanced criticism of a mere average attempt at changing an acclaimed series' genre. And I wouldn't expect nor demand that from those who lived the whole affair back in 2008.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom