Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Technobabylon by Wadjet Eye

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
any clue in the game or is this a common sense thing? I know Max hints that a person usually tells if another is dead by their pulse.
git gud

/also notice you have a thermal paste thing for some 'reason', the noble art of figuring out a puzzle backwards is essential to enjoy adventures. Max is the puzzle hints dispenser in this game, right.

Ivan

Arcane
got it. I just didn't know what avrg body temp is.

really enjoying it thus far. The voice actor for Charlie (GOLDFARB) is great. Serious Blackwell flashbacks

wait, GOLD isn't Regis? shit!

Ivan

Arcane
DAMN FINE game.

My favorite game from Wadjet Eye after/alongside the Blackwell games. Loved how the wide cast of characters remained relevant till the end. I liked how open the endings were (hoping for the
FREE CENTRAL

:4/5:

onto Shardlight

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I really don't understand the love for this one. I think it's one of WEG's weakest productions, which doesn't mean it's bad.

Ivan

Arcane
I think it's the chemistry between Regis and Lao that made me bump this from 3 trolls to 4.

The puzzles were par for the course, the villain's "motivation" made me roll my eyes, but the art was beautiful, the music was subtle and effective, it had a good sense of humor.

I would definitely put it above Rue (awful UI, lolwut combat) but alongside Resonance and Blackwell.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
It's nowhere near Resonance or Blackwell. And I still think Rue is superior.

Maybe it has to do with my own expectations. I was hoping for something noir-ish like Rue, something darker maybe.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Personally i think this game stumbled on the endings and multiple puzzle solutions, which bait more reactivity than there actually is. Also some puzzles were silly /like the hand fishing one.

RuySan

Augur
It's nowhere near Resonance or Blackwell. And I still think Rue is superior.

Maybe it has to do with my own expectations. I was hoping for something noir-ish like Rue, something darker maybe.
Rue has a great vibe but the puzzles were too simplistic. Resonance had great puzzles, but the interface got to much in the way.

Primordia got the balance right. For me it's easily the best

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I finally got around to trying this, quite enjoying it so far. I just broke out of dweebgirl's apartment. Speaking of which, I'm starting to notice a pattern with Darth Roxor considering his similar commentary on other games:

- Annoyance (hey let's switch back and forth between reality and trance to solve the fucking food machine puzzle)

"It's making me do things... shit, now I have to click to move my character? Oh my God, now it wants me to do MORE things! Fuck, I've got a headache. I think I need to go lie down, this game is shit 2/10"

:hero:

Game looks cool but that voice acting was not.

The voice acting is p. bad. Honestly, if you can't afford good VAs you might as well spend the money on something else. Other than that I'm very excited for this.

I'm hypersensitive to bad or even unprofessional VA, and will mute it in modern adventure games. If you think this VA is bad, you must not have heard bad VA. The VA in this game is passable.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i guess you are one of those people who dont use fast travel in daggerfall and go everywhere on foot

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I finally had to look up one hint near the very end of the game because

wetware, which had previously been used exclusively on machinery, robots, and terminals, had to be used on a living crisis agent to hack his... something? His wetware, perhaps? I'm not sure. It's the only instance in the game when wetware was used on a person.
Since I don't randomly click inventory items on hotspots/each other, I thought that was some top-tier bullshit. If there was any way to actually figure that part out, I'm all ears. Otherwise the puzzles were quite good, if a tad easy; they resembled the ridiculous, convoluted puzzles of Sierra's elder years as described by Old Man Murray

For example, stuff some meat in a jar to encourage a glowing fish that's too fast to catch by hand to enter the jar, so that you can use it as a lantern in a dark vent shaft
, but without being actually illogical and impossible.

The game was also quite good despite trannies, gays and lesbians being inserted throughout the story, far in excess of their actual representation in a realistic human population. This was done fairly subtly and didn't really detract, so I'll allow it.

Ringhausen

Augur
asd
The game was also quite good despite trannies, gays and lesbians being inserted throughout the story, far in excess of their actual representation in a realistic human population. This was done fairly subtly and didn't really detract, so I'll allow it.
Gotta disagree with that one, I found it quite jarring.
You have the main character, who is this hard-nosed conservatist in all tech related stuff but when he finds out his partner had his dick cut off and he's like "Really? I would've never have guessed! Oh, never mind, lets get on with business." And when he sees that some rich old fuck was fucking an athletic young black bull (which is such a weird image imo) there is literally no comment at all.
Why are they pushing this shit? I understand Wadjet Eye is a bunch of turbo-progressive liberal Jews but even they should draw the line somewhere.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
asd
Gotta disagree with that one, I found it quite jarring.
You have the main character, who is this hard-nosed conservatist in all tech related stuff but when he finds out his partner had his dick cut off and he's like "Really? I would've never have guessed! Oh, never mind, lets get on with business." And when he sees that some rich old fuck was fucking an athletic young black bull (which is such a weird image imo) there is literally no comment at all.
Why are they pushing this shit? I understand Wadjet Eye is a bunch of turbo-progressive liberal Jews but even they should draw the line somewhere.
Because being a conservative fossil in the future might mean that you are quite OK with trans people? Dunno, just putting it out there.

AMG

Arbiter
I may be misremembering, but I thought that Max mentions that xhe revealed a traumatic thing from her past in return for Regis sharing the story about his dead wife. Imo it was appropriate in the moment.
Besides how would you react if a coworker who you'd known for a while revaled to you she's a tranny? I bet you would also say "uhm... okay", and not "get back away from me you monster".

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regis seemed to be a "mind your own business and I will mind mine" character, which makes it fitting. He doesn't necessarily approve of the world around him, but he is resigned in the knowledge he can't change it.

Ringhausen

Augur
Okay, you guys are making sense.
But I still feel like the writer had an agenda, to pass this stuff off as normal as possible. In the future any one of us could be trans and no one will even mind! A complete non-issue. And the interracial, gay couple with a huge age difference is even worse. That should elicit a snicker or a comment of some type at least, but here it was like hey, look at that, the sky is blue, water is wet, this is all a-ok, completely normal.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The game is steeply discounted on Steam at the moment for anyone who wants to see this brave new world of AIs and tolerant Texans. :D

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Considering the Siege of Dragonspear thread is approaching 150 pages it's almost sad this one only has six. Different genre, better implementation of the character, abuse of old franchise by Beamdog, etc. But still, where's all the butthurt?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom