Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ok. Spell mischief here.
As I was having fun eliminating lizardmen in random encounters at high level (16th), my lawful good cleric decides to go for Holy Word and.... nothing happens... absolutely nothing...
Not to be dismayed, I tried Dictum of the next round and... everybody dies except my lawful characters, no save...

Care having a look?
Fixed for next version.
Holy Word apparently failed for TN critters. Guess noone noticed since most of the enemies are evil.
Dictum killing your party members was a result of an old vanilla bug that caused the Caster Level to inflate for every target if you have the Law domain (I'm guessing that's the case at least). Finally fixed.

DnDPaladin

Novice
i thought you couldn't sneak with spells... guess i was wrong... found this...

As others have already correctly pointed out, yes you can Sneak Attack with anything that has an attack roll. However:
  • In a volley attack (such as Scorching Ray or Manyshot) the bonus Sneak Attack damage only applies to the first attack.
  • Thus when using spells to deliver Sneak Attack, you will deal far less damage then a Full Attack action.
  • You can get Touch Attacks via dozens of other methods, such as Master Thrower, Pyrokineticist, tons of weapon spells or wands, psionics, without sacrificing a Full Attack.
  • All other Sneak Attack restrictions are still in force (30 ft, immunities, denied Dex, etc).

SwingBlade

Educated
Just got told I failed a spell resistance check. I pull up the rolls to see if I had given that character spell penetration, and what the overall roll was. See this. Both by rules and window's report it should have beat the opponent's (random Groaning Spirit encounter) SR. But the spell fizzled and the roll area indicated it failed.

T5iZxQR.png

JVFysH7.png

Fixed for v1.0.22

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Just got told I failed a spell resistance check. I pull up the rolls to see if I had given that character spell penetration, and what the overall roll was. See this. Both by rules and window's report it should have beat the opponent's (random Groaning Spirit encounter) SR. But the spell fizzled and the roll area indicated it failed.

T5iZxQR.png

JVFysH7.png

Heh, it looks like it wrongly counts it as a failure when the roll+bonus exactly equals the DC. Fixed for next version.

upload_2016-9-21_22-0-2.png

SwingBlade

Educated
Sure. The only thing I can figure is if the game is just saying "screw it" since the STR and DEX bonuses are identical.

SwingBlade

Educated
Well I hadn't noticed they were the same at first. It is, strictly speaking, not correct though haha.

Any word on unarmed TWF, and/or sneaky spells?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Well I hadn't noticed they were the same at first. It is, strictly speaking, not correct though haha.

Any word on unarmed TWF, and/or sneaky spells?
I'll look into it when I have the time, currently most of my attention is on the Assassin / PrCs.

SwingBlade

Educated
No worries, just wanted to make sure the post didn't get missed for the other issues that popped up at the same time. Cheers!

SwingBlade

Educated
With 1.0.22, the spell area collision detection (?) is much less fine than it was before. There is a one-pixel rotational difference that goes from targeting nothing, to targeting all four in the area, despite the spell effect area not touching or getting particularly close to my party members.

r7Q9jI2.png

Fixed in v1.0.23

SwingBlade

Educated
Oh and since I'm here...

I'm not sure what happened, but somehow during the process of tossing out invisibility scrolls to free Lareth from Burne's tower, my fighter seems to have gotten permanently stuck invisible. Neither dispel magic nor break enchantment can fix it, and he's unable to interact with NPCs because of it. Other party members can, though it's a bit frustrating since he's the front of the party (because of AI targeting).

Fixed for 1.0.30

valcik

Arcane
This may be vanilla or Co8 bug, the same happened to me without Temple+. Two characters remained permanently invisible after casting Invisibility Sphere.

SwingBlade

Educated
My mystic theurge can't copy an arcane scroll for a spell he already knows as divine (lv2 buffs for instance).

Fixed in 1.0.22

This may be vanilla or Co8 bug, the same happened to me without Temple+. Two characters remained permanently invisible after casting Invisibility Sphere.

Yeah, no idea what caused it. Even tried Invisibility Purge to no effect. At least it's not completely breaking, like the rogue perma-invis.

g0ld0

Novice
Go and see Jaroo about that.
Co8 fixed this bug with a workaround involving Jaroo killing and then reviving PCs. Sometimes it can take 2 or 3 times to have it corrected, but it works. This bug especially happens if you have a lot of buffs on you, but I know it can happen with just a few too.

g0ld0

Novice
My mystic theurge can't copy an arcane scroll for a spell he already knows as divine (lv2 buffs for instance).

Do you mean trying to learn the spell as an arcane spell with the source being a divine spell written on a scroll?
If that is so, it's in the rules. The source must match.
If that's not, then I'm not qualified to answer for programming.
;)

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Do you mean trying to learn the spell as an arcane spell with the source being a divine spell written on a scroll?
If that is so, it's in the rules. The source must match.
If that's not, then I'm not qualified to answer for programming.
;)
It's the latter, it just checked if you didn't know the spell. Bug is present in Vanilla too, but I guess the Wiz/Clr combo wasn't popular enough until now ;)
Fixed in 1.0.23.

With 1.0.22, the spell area collision detection (?) is much less fine than it was before. There is a one-pixel rotational difference that goes from targeting nothing, to targeting all four in the area, despite the spell effect area not touching or getting particularly close to my party members.

r7Q9jI2.png
Yeah oops, I fucked up the parsing of spells with cone angles. Issuing hotfix now.

Yeah, no idea what caused it. Even tried Invisibility Purge to no effect. At least it's not completely breaking, like the rogue perma-invis.

Go and see Jaroo about that.
Co8 fixed this bug with a workaround involving Jaroo killing and then reviving PCs. Sometimes it can take 2 or 3 times to have it corrected, but it works. This bug especially happens if you have a lot of buffs on you, but I know it can happen with just a few too.
Yeah I can see how that would get fucked up, since the Invisibility modifier is indirectly associated with the spell. Will try to bulletproof for next version.

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
I have no idea how it happened, but this definitely can't be right haha.

EDIT: It looks like whatever vampiric touch-like attack they have is breaking on me pretty hard. Every successful attack they make is healing them for, well, that much.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VutlpVrGbGT1Uwc0hMTFhuTjA

So I reloaded the autosave (this was a random encounter) and was able to blitz one down before it got temp HP. The other seemed to be working fine, until I started hitting it again. It has two instances of Temp HP: 0, and every hit shows as "[0] Points of Damage Absorbed", though does seem to at least be taking damage.

ki0ADFX.png

Fixed for 1.0.27

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have no idea how it happened, but this definitely can't be right haha.

EDIT: It looks like whatever vampiric touch-like attack they have is breaking on me pretty hard. Every successful attack they make is healing them for, well, that much.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VutlpVrGbGT1Uwc0hMTFhuTjA

So I reloaded the autosave (this was a random encounter) and was able to blitz one down before it got temp HP. The other seemed to be working fine, until I started hitting it again. It has two instances of Temp HP: 0, and every hit shows as "[0] Points of Damage Absorbed", though does seem to at least be taking damage.

ki0ADFX.png

Heh, looks like you're not the first to encounter this:
http://www.co8.org/community/index....-and-discussion-thread.3567/page-5#post-36294
http://www.co8.org/community/index....ary-discussion-thread.8355/page-22#post-99814

It appears to be using an uninitialized value for the Temp HP if you make the saving throw. It's DC 26 so it doesn't happen that often that you make the saving throw I guess :P Will fix for next version.

SwingBlade

Educated
I ended up just remaking the character, though ^^^ would be interesting to know.

New issue though! Ran into a random encounter of ochre jellies, tossed a lightning bolt at all four (not knowing they were immune to electricity), and the damn things split like I hit them with slashing weapons.

SwingBlade

Educated
Also jellies seem to heal when they split. Per rules, they should split with each side having half the amount of remaining HP, so if one splits with 20hp left, each new jelly should have 10hp remaining. Instead, they're whole and hale near as I can tell.

SwingBlade

Educated
Arcane Trickster levels are not applying to my sorcerer caster levels. Rogue 3 / Sorcerer 6 / Arcane Trickster 1, fireballs are 6d6 and scorching ray is only sending out one ray. I can confirm that mystic theurge is applying levels as expected.

Fixed for 1.0.23

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Arcane Trickster levels are not applying to my sorcerer caster levels. Rogue 3 / Sorcerer 6 / Arcane Trickster 1, fireballs are 6d6 and scorching ray is only sending out one ray. I can confirm that mystic theurge is applying levels as expected.
That's what happens when you copypaste from Eldritch Knight >< (accidentally left the level 1 bump in the caster level calculation, but at least the spell list is ok)

Fixed for next version.

Not sure what happened, but the game crashes when trying to load my save now. I tried uninstalling ToEE, Co8, and T+ and reinstalling to no avail.

Halp.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VutlpVrGbGMF9aS3B4aE9STlU
I can load that save just fine...

can you send the log and crashdump when it crashes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom