Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingBlade

Educated
I've noticed two oddities after installing temple+

1. Creating a new game seems to disable using the arrows to move the screen around (windowed mode win 7 64 bit). Quitting and loading the game seems to fix this.
Fixed for 1.0.25

2. A failed concentration check didn't cost me a spell. I had a level 2 party and sent them to Dekklo grove for the first time. My druid failed her concentration check when attempting to cast entangle while webbed. Next round, she still had the spell available. I've also had failed concentration checks due to incoming damage, and failed cast defensively checks, and with my cleric, which did not cost me a spell.

I'm sure these weren't present when I was using just the Co8 modpack.

I've never lost spells from failed concentration checks, nor from armor miscasts. Since it worked in my favor I never really thought much about reporting it. :P
Unfortunately for you it got reported and is now fixed :P

Interesting Charge Attack bug I've noticed a few times. It's letting me start a charge when it looks like a straight line is available. If it gets interrupted partway by a monster that is in AoO range, the entire charge action seems to get cancelled by the AoO, with a message saying "A straight line is needed" alongside the AoO popup messaging. interestingly, though, it is not depleting my action bar at all. Both times it's happened so far, I was able to take a five-foot step after traveling 15+ feet, then perform a full-round attack.
Should be fixed for 1.0.25

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingBlade

Educated
^Generally, something seems off with charge attacks. I did a few with Vance (movement reduced to 20ft due to plate) and it would let me start the run on a charge attack, then he'd stop partway there saying Target Too Far, leaving him with a full action bar. I'm pretty sure I've had him do longer-range charges though.

Fixed for 1.0.25

SwingBlade

Educated
Also of note, I have only had one crash so far since I removed the royal armor. I was just north of Hedrack's room and, out of combat, tried to toss a Stinking Cloud into the group as a 'surprise round' action. As a note, I can't seem to cast Stinking Cloud outside of combat. When I tried this time I had the AoE targeter as normal. I put it in a legal area, clicked, nothing happened. Clicked again, nothing. Clicked a third time, and I got the crash message. Naturally I'm an idiot and don't have the log because I just fired back up immediately.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also of note, I have only had one crash so far since I removed the royal armor. I was just north of Hedrack's room and, out of combat, tried to toss a Stinking Cloud into the group as a 'surprise round' action. As a note, I can't seem to cast Stinking Cloud outside of combat. When I tried this time I had the AoE targeter as normal. I put it in a legal area, clicked, nothing happened. Clicked again, nothing. Clicked a third time, and I got the crash message. Naturally I'm an idiot and don't have the log because I just fired back up immediately.
Hehe, just tested this, I think it's because of the prebuffing routine that the AI is doing. That's indeed something ToEE didn't 'anticipate' so to speak - indeed it was absent in vanilla ToEE and got added in Co8. What happens is that an NPC starts casting a spell in the background and when you try to cast yours, the game applies the NPC's spell instead. I guess it's one of those "high time it got a fix" issues...

All the files are needed. See first post.

Last edited:

DnDPaladin

Novice
DeuxHero... I say its pretty darn close to what it is supposed to do considering i do it often...
I'm thining your game at your table just never really applied the spell effect as it should. the same way druids and rangers often just select their companion from a list when they should meet and tame the said companion.

Animate Dead
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Clr 3, Death 3, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: One or more corpses touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
This spell turns the bones or bodies of dead creatures into undead skeletons or zombies that follow your spoken commands.

The undead can follow you, or they can remain in an area and attack any creature (or just a specific kind of creature) entering the place. They remain animated until they are destroyed. (A destroyed skeleton or zombie can’t be animated again.)

Regardless of the type of undead you create with this spell, you can’t create more HD of undead than twice your caster level with a single casting of animate dead. (The desecrate spell doubles this limit)

The undead you create remain under your control indefinitely. No matter how many times you use this spell, however, you can control only 4 HD worth of undead creatures per caster level. If you exceed this number, all the newly created creatures fall under your control, and any excess undead from previous castings become uncontrolled. (You choose which creatures are released.) If you are a cleric, any undead you might command by virtue of your power to command or rebuke undead do not count toward the limit.

Skeletons
A skeleton can be created only from a mostly intact corpse or skeleton. The corpse must have bones. If a skeleton is made from a corpse, the flesh falls off the bones.

Zombies
A zombie can be created only from a mostly intact corpse. The corpse must be that of a creature with a true anatomy.

Material Component
You must place a black onyx gem worth at least 25 gp per Hit Die of the undead into the mouth or eye socket of each corpse you intend to animate. The magic of the spell turns these gems into worthless, burned-out shells.

DnDPaladin

Novice
Question, if i have the saves from ironman game and i got crashes or bugs... which file do i have to send here again ? all 4 of them or just 1 of them ?

because i met a bug and a crash.

bug, my fighters during the alrem fight, were hitting spiritual weapons with great cleave. pretty sure thats not supposed to happen.

crash, i was during zuggtmoy fight and the game crashed in the middle, not sure what crashed it. except it was my rogue archer with greater invisibility shooting in melee that fungi beneath it.

i have both saves for those events if need be.

SwingBlade

Educated
Trying so hard to type this relevantly and not dramatically.

My party is in the temple. We've beaten everything except the Balor Guardian (fire node) and Zuggy. I go back to Hommlett to prep spells from scratch, remembering the hassle of this demon from my last play through.

Since my party is evil, and my campaign started with me burning a church, I figured that would suit the conclusion of this chapter. After paying a final visit to Jaroo, I went to the temple and discussed faith with Terjon. My ideas held more strongly than his, and I had converted his entire temple in short order. I had also killed Jaroo prior to this, and somwhere along the way earned the Butcher of Hommlett despite leaving no witnesses.

Anyway, I went to Smythe and he attacked as soon as I was in range. Wanting to keep him as a vendor, I charmed him instead of killing.

Well, since then, Smyth has been in my party. More critically, though, the game slows town generally around him. I hve noticed that the Co8 locked-chest quest-chest has been multiplying for me. The first time I noticed it was around this point of questing, and it showed five chests. Made sense kinda, since five PCs. The next time I loaded the save, though, there were about a dozen of these chests. The game also slowed down if left backgrounded. The latest load, I'm only seeing two chests.

SwingBlade

Educated
One the six party members is Brother Smyth. He is charmed, not dominated.

sSlM5C7.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Trying so hard to type this relevantly and not dramatically.

My party is in the temple. We've beaten everything except the Balor Guardian (fire node) and Zuggy. I go back to Hommlett to prep spells from scratch, remembering the hassle of this demon from my last play through.

Since my party is evil, and my campaign started with me burning a church, I figured that would suit the conclusion of this chapter. After paying a final visit to Jaroo, I went to the temple and discussed faith with Terjon. My ideas held more strongly than his, and I had converted his entire temple in short order. I had also killed Jaroo prior to this, and somwhere along the way earned the Butcher of Hommlett despite leaving no witnesses.

Anyway, I went to Smythe and he attacked as soon as I was in range. Wanting to keep him as a vendor, I charmed him instead of killing.

Well, since then, Smyth has been in my party. More critically, though, the game slows town generally around him. I hve noticed that the Co8 locked-chest quest-chest has been multiplying for me. The first time I noticed it was around this point of questing, and it showed five chests. Made sense kinda, since five PCs. The next time I loaded the save, though, there were about a dozen of these chests. The game also slowed down if left backgrounded. The latest load, I'm only seeing two chests.

The person who wrote the Arena of Heroes script did not anticipate this :P I've added a fix for next version.

Clicking anything while you're traveling on the overworld map (location or the leave button) breaks the game (either crash or black screen). 100% reproducable.
Couldn't replicate this either. Got a crash dump/log/save?

What does it take for a paladin to fall nowadays - you used to be able to lose your paladinhood by joining the drinking contest but now I want to become a proper blackguard I find a lonely badger to butcher and am still a paladin of Heireneous - several badgers later I am still a paladin with full powers and the Enemy of Hommlet reputation surely this cannot be right?

On that note, as of next version you'll just be able to pick Blackguard if you're a Paladin. You'll get the Fallen Paladin status and change alignment to evil automatically if you do.

Last edited:

Mathalor

Educated
So, I had some problems when I added Roland And Spugnoir to my party, but I don't use Roland much, and, I wanted to see if anyone else had encountered them as well.

Has anyone had Roland the cleric in their party, to find that he can cast spells fine (usually), but bow attacks will fail and take the attack action of the next available party member?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Can you even change alignment in ToEE?
ToEE doesn't feature alignment change as part of its mechanics (a la PS:T), so that's a first in that regard. You could always do it via console commands though.

Back from the weekend with a few reports. :)

1. Charge attack fix seemed to break the range-increase for the charge. For instance, Vance can only charge up to his normal movement, near as I can tell, instead of whatever the normal run distance bonus is.
That's working as intended actually. Previously there was an error in checking the action sequence so it allowed you to do illegal stuff ;)
Charge attack allows you to move double your speed, which in Vance's case is 2x 20 = 40 feet, which is exactly what it shows in game.

2. Theurge copied Silence to arcane spellbook. Checking his wizard spells now shows:
And guess what? This is illegal too :P (Silence isn't part of the Wizard spell list, so it registers as spell level -1). The bug is that you shouldn't even get to scribe it in the first place, heh. Fixed for next version. While I was at it I also fixed the bug that destroyed the whole stack when there was more than one scroll.

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
Back from the weekend with a few reports. :)

1. Charge attack fix seemed to break the range-increase for the charge. For instance, Vance can only charge up to his normal movement, near as I can tell, instead of whatever the normal run distance bonus is.
WAI

2. Theurge copied Silence to arcane spellbook. Checking his wizard spells now shows:

Silence
Spell Level 9
Spell Level 8
Spell Level 7
Spell Level 0
Acid Splash
etc

It didn't start showing like this, as far as I can tell (but am not sure), until the theurge learned the feat Quicken Spell.
Fixed for 1.0.27 (shouldn't be able to scribe non-wizard scroll in the first place)

3. So far in battling both the Balor Guardian and Zuggy, the demons they summon appear to be somewhere off-map (clicking their icon takes my view to a black section of the map that is inaccessible). Balor is a lot easier when the baby Balor it summons is nowhere to be seen, doubly so when I don't have to deal with hezrou stench that Zuggy brought in.
Dammit! Fixed for 1.0.27

SwingBlade

Educated
Haha I'll be damned, I didn't even realize it's not on the wiz/sor spell list. I just saw it was arcane, I guess because of bards.

SwingBlade

Educated
btw this is entirely my own fault but I want to reiterate how goofy Brother Smyth is now to interact with.

To recap, I'm Butcher of Hommlet so he'll attack on sight. I cast Charm Person to make him friendly and vendor-able. While in vendor mode I can't alt-click sell to him (doing so almost seems to swap his gear instead). His normal inventory is gone, replaced by his cash and only what I've sold him so far. I disengage him by waiting until he's hostile again, then putting him to sleep and fast traveling away. Again, I understand I'm pretty off-board with how I'm handling this guy, but still an interesting study/situation.

SwingBlade

Educated
Theurge's lv3 domain spell casting of Dispel Magic is consistently causing crashes. None of the other domain spells seem to be having this issue.
Fixed for 1.0.27 (was a bug with special code for Dispel Magic and Silence actually)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
btw this is entirely my own fault but I want to reiterate how goofy Brother Smyth is now to interact with.

To recap, I'm Butcher of Hommlet so he'll attack on sight. I cast Charm Person to make him friendly and vendor-able. While in vendor mode I can't alt-click sell to him (doing so almost seems to swap his gear instead). His normal inventory is gone, replaced by his cash and only what I've sold him so far. I disengage him by waiting until he's hostile again, then putting him to sleep and fast traveling away. Again, I understand I'm pretty off-board with how I'm handling this guy, but still an interesting study/situation.
Using Charm person on talky NPCs is pretty much guaranteed to wreak havoc with scripting. Ditto for Resurrection. Have fun :)

I ended up just remaking the character, though ^^^ would be interesting to know.

New issue though! Ran into a random encounter of ochre jellies, tossed a lightning bolt at all four (not knowing they were immune to electricity), and the damn things split like I hit them with slashing weapons.
Exactly as they should!

Also jellies seem to heal when they split. Per rules, they should split with each side having half the amount of remaining HP, so if one splits with 20hp left, each new jelly should have 10hp remaining. Instead, they're whole and hale near as I can tell.

Now this is a really funny bug. The game already has code for dividing the HP in half, but they forgot to take into account the Ochre Jelly's CON modifier, which by itself gives them 36 HP. The net result is that the new sub-Jellies get more or less the same HP!

On that note, question: When reduced to 10 HP or below, should an Ochre Jelly start taking damage from slashing/piercing weapons and die? The wording is a bit ambiguous but it seems that it should.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Don't despair :)
I've encountered the bug too, and it's a very strange one. I'm not sure there's an easy solution, particularly since I get seemingly correct behaviour in debug mode, and it doesn't affect other chars. I'll have to dig deep to solve this one.

Etharil

Novice
Are black puddings also supposed to lose half of their HP on split? If so, that doesn't happen - the main pudding simply loses 1 MAX HP and the others spawn with full - makes that fight troublesome if you don't have any bludgeoning weapons.

Etharil

Novice
Are black puddings also supposed to lose half of their HP on split? If so, that doesn't happen - the main pudding simply loses 1 MAX HP and the others spawn with full - makes that fight troublesome if you don't have any bludgeoning weapons.
Are you playing the latest version (1.0.27)? Should be fixed now.
I'm already past that fight with no save anywhere around the jelly, so can't check it out, unfortunately.

deuxhero

Arcane
I actually reloaded when I found that fight because I wasn't prepared for it. I can go there if a save is needed.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Are you playing the latest version (1.0.27)? Should be fixed now.

I actually reloaded when I found that fight because I wasn't prepared for it. I can go there if a save is needed.
That's ok, it's fixed now. He probably encountered it before the update and was inquiring if the fix applied to the Puddings too (besides the Ochre Jellies). Correct me if I'm wrong Etharil .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom