Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etharil

Novice
I actually reloaded when I found that fight because I wasn't prepared for it. I can go there if a save is needed.
That's ok, it's fixed now. He probably encountered it before the update and was inquiring if the fix applied to the Puddings too (besides the Ochre Jellies). Correct me if I'm wrong Etharil .
Correct.

SwingBlade

Educated
Do staves have charges? The descriptions say they're a "charged staff" but never mention a number of charges anywhere, like wands do.

SwingBlade

Educated
Death Ward just blocked my trickster's self-cast Greater Invisibility.

^Also blocked a casting of mass cure moderate.

Fixed for v1.0.30

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So, I had some problems when I added Roland And Spugnoir to my party, but I don't use Roland much, and, I wanted to see if anyone else had encountered them as well.

Has anyone had Roland the cleric in their party, to find that he can cast spells fine (usually), but bow attacks will fail and take the attack action of the next available party member?

Alright, I think I fixed it... it's a tricky one for sure.

Etharil

Novice
Found a bug with the new full attack as a default action - if your character is performing an attack that kills on first hit, you lose the entire full attack.
Fixed for 1.0.28 (issue with Bonus attacks)

You also lose any and all attacks if you had your mouse hovering over a different target while your character was killing something.
The reproduction steps are to make a killing blow while hovering the mouse above a new target and attempt to attack by clicking - your attack will change to what appears to be a single attack and the rest of your attacks will be wasted unless you cancel the attack by right-clicking and choosing a full attack from radial menu.
Should be fixed in 1.0.28

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Found a bug with the new full attack as a default action - if your character is performing an attack that kills on first hit, you lose the entire full attack.

You also lose any and all attacks if you had your mouse hovering over a different target while your character was killing something.
The reproduction steps are to make a killing blow while hovering the mouse above a new target and attempt to attack by clicking - your attack will change to what appears to be a single attack and the rest of your attacks will be wasted unless you cancel the attack by right-clicking and choosing a full attack from radial menu.
Can't replicate either bug, works fine here. Please send me a save demonstrating it + log file.

Etharil

Novice

Can't replicate either bug, works fine here. Please send me a save demonstrating it + log file.
Done. Also caught a grapple permanency bug while making a save for you. Reproduction steps included in the e-mail.
Fixed in 1.0.28

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Death Ward just blocked my trickster's self-cast Greater Invisibility.

^Also blocked a casting of mass cure moderate.
Another funny bug! The Death Ward code checks if the spell is from the Death Domain, and if so blocks it... but it accidentally checks Death Ward itself instead of the offending spell! So Death Ward cast as a Death Domain spell is broken, heh.
Fixed for next version.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
My neutral theurge cast Phantasmal Killer on Hedrack. Game said, "Unaffected due to (Protection from Good)". Huh?

Edit: Maybe the game counts him as good because I chose to channel positive energy?

Apparently Prot. from Alignment was protecting against all Mind-Affecting spells, regardless of school. Added a check for Enchantment spell school.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Seems to me that if you make a 6th character that their select range is actually a thin rectangle from where they are standing till halfway up the screen. if you need screenshots let me know

Yes, please upload a screenshot and a savegame since I'm not getting that error.

Question, if i have the saves from ironman game and i got crashes or bugs... which file do i have to send here again ? all 4 of them or just 1 of them ?

because i met a bug and a crash.

bug, my fighters during the alrem fight, were hitting spiritual weapons with great cleave. pretty sure thats not supposed to happen.

crash, i was during zuggtmoy fight and the game crashed in the middle, not sure what crashed it. except it was my rogue archer with greater invisibility shooting in melee that fungi beneath it.

i have both saves for those events if need be.

All the files are needed. See first post.

Clicking anything while you're traveling on the overworld map (location or the leave button) breaks the game (either crash or black screen). 100% reproducable.

Couldn't replicate this either. Got a crash dump/log/save?

Reminder. If there's no response I'm sending these to the archives ^^

Mathalor

Educated
Monsters do not seem to use the 5 ft step at all.

I usually back up if my character is wielding a longspear, cause they're not supposed to be able to attack adjacently (another vanilla ToEE bug), but monsters never 5 ft step up to me, they just walk up and eat the attack of opportunity.

I'm kind of okay with this for animals and really stupid monsters, but everything else should know better.

Fixed 1.0.43

Etharil

Novice
Monsters do not seem to use the 5 ft step at all.

I usually back up if my character is wielding a longspear, cause they're not supposed to be able to attack adjacently (another vanilla ToEE bug), but monsters never 5 ft step up to me, they just walk up and eat the attack of opportunity.

I'm kind of okay with this for animals and really stupid monsters, but everything else should know better.
I know that archers and crossbowmen of any kind will use 5-ft to get out of threat range if possible.

Mathalor

Educated
To Etharil: I haven't lost my full attack, before, but when I cancel out of full attack mode to make a 5 ft step, sometimes the count indicator disappears. I still get my attacks though.

Mathalor

Educated
For the fourth time in a row, Temple+ has crashed when I tell it to quit to the desktop after playing for a bit.

Mathalor

Educated
No, I quit to the menu, then I quit to the desktop and I get a window saying temple+ has crashed.

Most of them were after talking to the lieutenant on the second level and quitting after he ran.

Couldn't replicate the issue, hasn't been reported since...
And really it's hard to debug without save/log files.

Mathalor

Educated
Newly enchanted wands should have 50 charges. The game creates them with 20. This makes them much less cost effective, and I usually just use scrolls because of it.

In ToEE, the only point of using a wand seems to be that a UMD user has an easier time with it.

When crafting scrolls, wands, and potions, a higher caster level than minimum should increase the cost. In ToEE, the cost remains that of the minimum caster level necessary, making spell scrolls that scale with level very cost effective (half price level 10 fireballs, 1/9 price level nine magic missiles, etc).

If this can be fixed, it'd be nice to have a slider, like combat expertise or power attack, that could lower caster level to a desired amount temporarily. This might, rarely, come in handy for area scaling evocation spells as well.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Newly enchanted wands should have 50 charges. The game creates them with 20. This makes them much less cost effective, and I usually just use scrolls because of it.

In ToEE, the only point of using a wand seems to be that a UMD user has an easier time with it.

When crafting scrolls, wands, and potions, a higher caster level than minimum should increase the cost. In ToEE, the cost remains that of the minimum caster level necessary, making spell scrolls that scale with level very cost effective (half price level 10 fireballs, 1/9 price level nine magic missiles, etc).

If this can be fixed, it'd be nice to have a slider, like combat expertise or power attack, that could lower caster level to a desired amount temporarily. This might, rarely, come in handy for area scaling evocation spells as well.
You are mistaken.

DnDPaladin

Novice
Haven't really had time to replay these bugs and stuff. thats why no reply, i'm saving everywhere now so if i get enough bugs i'll be sending you a bunch.
but the crash on zugg wasn't replicated up to this point so.

Knightly

Literate
I don't know if I am missing something but I think I bumped on a bug with Blackguard.

I am playing Lax CG run which includes a CN Dwarven Defender. However my 2 Barb/6 Ranger couldn't enter Blackguard. He has +6 BAB, >+5 ranks on Hide, Power Attack and Cleave feats. Lax should allow him to enter Blackguard even if he is NG, right?

I checked his stats and he has 10 int, 14 wis and 14 cha. As far as I know BGs are wisdom based casters so abilities seems also aligned.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I don't know if I am missing something but I think I bumped on a bug with Blackguard.

I am playing Lax CG run which includes a CN Dwarven Defender. However my 2 Barb/6 Ranger couldn't enter Blackguard. He has +6 BAB, >+5 ranks on Hide, Power Attack and Cleave feats. Lax should allow him to enter Blackguard even if he is NG, right?

I checked his stats and he has 10 int, 14 wis and 14 cha. As far as I know BGs are wisdom based casters so abilities seems also aligned.
Are you sure it's skill ranks and not skill level? (I.e. the base skill level without modifiers)

Knightly

Literate

Are you sure it's skill ranks and not skill level? (I.e. the base skill level without modifiers)
Yeah while it is not capped, currently have 7 ranks on it. As I thought maybe it didn't register correctly as I multi classed to Barbarian from Ranger I put on couple more ranks on original 5.

Started a NE run will try again with another character. Will give you update about it.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Yeah while it is not capped, currently have 7 ranks on it. As I thought maybe it didn't register correctly as I multi classed to Barbarian from Ranger I put on couple more ranks on original 5.

Started a NE run will try again with another character. Will give you update about it.
Nvm, I think it's the special casing I added for Paladins that overrode the Lax Rules config. Will have to fix that one.

Knightly

Literate
Another two things

Spell list sometimes go wacky. In the old days it was messed up spell list for caster... especially Vancian ones. Mostly wizards. Now I see spells that doesn't belong to class/or in game yet like Electric Loop or Snowball Swarm.

Second one is with female dwarves. I don't know what causes that but sometimes they gain an invisible height. You can't click anything vertical to their space as you only select them by clicking.

Kinda remember spell list from old version as well I think. Dwarf female one is new. I had to delete that run will try to generate it again if you want save file or something. I am avoiding female dwarf characters.

Zelnorack

Novice
This is a strange one, and it's probably on me, but when I open up Temple+ and load a game, I can't use the mouse to scroll left or right. Up and down work just fine, but I need to use the arrow keys for left or right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom