Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelnorack

Novice
The AI thinks Resilient Sphere (disable target, make them unkillable) is a buff spell
I had to skip a lot of turns to kill this guy

Luckily that seems to be the only AI character to actually have the spell.

I think that was intentional - he tries to make you go away or something like that.

This is a strange one, and it's probably on me, but when I open up Temple+ and load a game, I can't use the mouse to scroll left or right. Up and down work just fine, but I need to use the arrow keys for left or right.

Hmm, what resolution are you using? Windowed or fullscreen? Is the game letterboxed?
1680 by 1028, fullscreen. Dunnknow what a letterbox is, so I'm gonna say 'default'

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The AI thinks Resilient Sphere (disable target, make them unkillable) is a buff spell

I think that was intentional - he tries to make you go away or something like that.

This is a strange one, and it's probably on me, but when I open up Temple+ and load a game, I can't use the mouse to scroll left or right. Up and down work just fine, but I need to use the arrow keys for left or right.

Hmm, what resolution are you using? Windowed or fullscreen? Is the game letterboxed?
1680 by 1028, fullscreen. Dunnknow what a letterbox is, so I'm gonna say 'default'

Thanks, looks like a rounding issue related to the nonstandard resolution. Should be fixed next version.

In the meantime I can suggeset you try a standard resolution (is that your desktop resolution?).

Zelnorack

Novice

Thanks, looks like a rounding issue related to the nonstandard resolution. Should be fixed next version.

In the meantime I can suggeset you try a standard resolution (is that your desktop resolution?).
I entered numbers randomly, and it seems like the perfect desktop resolution is 1840x1024. Normally I'd play with whatever the highest base setting is, which I think is 1280x1024x32 or something. It'd auto fullscreen so there were not any annoying black bars on the sides of my monitor

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane

I entered numbers randomly, and it seems like the perfect desktop resolution is 1840x1024. Normally I'd play with whatever the highest base setting is, which I think is 1280x720x30 or something. It'd auto fullscreen so there were not any annoying black bars on the sides of my monitor
It also distorted the image...

You can find out your desktop resolution by right clicking on your desktop → Display Settings → type 'resolution' into the search box -> Change the screen resolution

Zelnorack

Novice

I entered numbers randomly, and it seems like the perfect desktop resolution is 1840x1024. Normally I'd play with whatever the highest base setting is, which I think is 1280x720x30 or something. It'd auto fullscreen so there were not any annoying black bars on the sides of my monitor
It also distorted the image...

You can find out your desktop resolution by right clicking on your desktop → Display Settings → type 'resolution' into the search box -> Change the screen resolution
Right, thanks. Screens resolution is 1920x1080.

Kosiciel

Novice
Shout spell (and Horn of Blasting, which uses this spell) deals magic (unknown) damage instead of sonic damage, as per rules:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shout.htm

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#hornofBlasting

Proof - Kosa uses ring of sonic resistance, which should negate all damage:
8g8TzUY.png

Ring works like expected (aka no damage taken by the wearer) vs Soundburst spell.

Endarire

Scholar
F1 no longer worked as a hotkey. I mapped F1 to Bless to no avail. I'd push the button on the right character but nothing happened. (The spell was prepared and ready to go on my Cleric.)

Endarire

Scholar
F1: This changed party members or otherwise removed focus from my priestess of Pelor when pushed.

(V1.0.1.29)

Kosiciel

Novice
I did some research, and managed to find and edit data\scr\Spell432 - Shout.py, there were four instances of D20DT_MAGIC instead of D20DT_SONIC (I compared the spell to Spell445 - Soundburst.py). Now I will test it, hope the fix works!

EDIT: Yes, it works!

R52clYj.png

Last edited:

DnDPaladin

Novice
certains keys are bound byt he game itself and shouldn'T be used.
F1-F8 are all keys set by default in game to select characters from left to right.
so basically if you press F1 you just asked the game to select the first charcater on your list.
if you hit F8 you just asked the game to select the last character of your list.

i cannot just set keys to whereever you want, some keys are bound and cannot be changed.

Kosiciel

Novice
Happy to help, even a little bit :)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mindFog.htm
Something wrong with Mind Fog spell, it should be Enchantment (Compulsion; game pedia has it right, but it states Abjuration in descrption - probably wrong text) and save vs. will, not fortitutde:

HaARI8M.png

Fixed for v1.0.30

Last edited by a moderator:

Kosiciel

Novice
Bard again :) A little broken desciprion in game pedia about Song of Freedom (would be great to use that name here, and have long description after clicking on it, like all others):

8ebLm9k.png

Probably a little mispelling somewhere?

Fixed for v1.0.30

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I managed to fix the issue with Song of freedom, here is altered file (help_extensions.tab):

http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/n4JLJBBN/file.html

I fixed it at exactly the same time it seems ;)

Also fixed Mind fog.

Now I would like to do something with Bard Music description, to include new songs, because now it looks like this:
04ny1eE.png

I generally try to avoid altering whole entries since it'll overwrite non-english versions. Maybe I'll add it as some Co8-specific item since that's english only anyway.

BTW I don't know if you intentionally posted in the support archive to prioritize the requests, but it worked :P

Kosiciel

Novice
I can't edit my previous post so here are both fixed files (game dir, data\mes\help.tab and TemplePlus dir, tpdata\tpmes\hepl.extensions.tab):

http://www113.zippyshare.com/v/jka7IATp/file.html

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/lXAinNuP/file.html

I fixed it at exactly the same time it seems ;)
Also fixed Mind fog.
I generally try to avoid altering whole entries since it'll overwrite non-english versions. Maybe I'll add it as some Co8-specific item since that's english only anyway.
BTW I don't know if you intentionally posted in the support archive to prioritize the requests, but it worked :P

Great! Please compare with my alteration. And nice to have some attention :) BTW - could you direct me about adding Greater Shout spell? It would probably be modified Shout. Which number should I use, where I can find Shout stats/description, I am really greenhorn in that matter :D

Added expanded Bardic Music entry to Co8 help file in v1.0.30

Kosiciel

Novice
I apologize, but other things bothering me - class abilities order and some kind of redundancy in weapon proiciencies.

Would it be possible to have those new songs below Inspire Greatness, above Spells link (very minor thing), or maybe have them all listed only under Bardic Music?
5o5UW59.png

Now about weapon proficiencies - let's look at fighter/rogue:
icMfemd.png

We can see both Simple Weapon Proficiency (from fighter) and Simple Weapon Proficiency Rogue, and Martial Weapon Proficiency All (also from fighter; is "All" really needed here?), which overwrites rogue's rapier, shorbow and short sword martial proficiencies. Shouldn't be the same with simple weapons? Or even better, one general Simple Weapon Proficiency for all classes (if they can use all of them), with class-flavour text (if necessary) only in general class desciption?

Let's look at bard:
Wd9wtDz.png

Wow, so many! Simple Weapon Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency Bard, Martial Weapon Proficiency All and five bard martial proficiences (in rogue case, those were removed when added fighter level with martial all)! Wouldn't be better to have just two of them (adding fighter class should remove redundant simple/martial proficiences)?

It's minor thing, probably only for people with OCD :)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I got that old notebook with Vista 32bit and GeForce 9600M GT (iirc it should support Pixel Shaders 4.0) on board to launch old titles (mostly tactical, strategies and RPG kind).

Went with instruction - installed ToEE from GOG, then Co8 8.1.0 NC and activated, launched once, then dropped Temple+ to game folder (which doesn't matter since it install in AppData/Local/Temple+) and got error
Y4M3mgP.jpg

these chinese bushes scared me :o
K0qTDwI.jpg

Installed Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.24406 from MajorGeeks (amazing it's still alive relict of '90 web design, yet better than 150% of most web pages these days) and still got that error.
What to do? Most solution say "install newest Visual C++" but that don't work.

Jabberjaw

Literate
A perfect square (minus the party's vision when the area loads) of new fog of war spawns when I teleport to the water temple node via the gem. Seems fairly consistent.

I get this fairly consistently too - eg especially in Emridy Meadows - using regular travel (but never in Co8 as far as I can recall).

Fixed 1.0.41

Allyx

Savant
First KotB+ bug report, Tried starting a new game with Temple+ on KotB, the only party alignments not greyed out (selectable) were Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, and Neutral Evil, all other options were unselectable and greyed out.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
First KotB+ bug report, Tried starting a new game with Temple+ on KotB, the only party alignments not greyed out (selectable) were Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, and Neutral Evil, all other options were unselectable and greyed out.
That's intentional, since those are the only alignments currently supported by KotB. A lot of players only find that out the hard way after creating their party and getting told off by the shopmap portal. I'll update the list when Ted releases 1.2 with the new alignment quests.

Kosiciel

Novice
A little UI bug (not scaled to resolution?) when key is found (playing on 1366x768):
sZ4mqin.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I tried older version of T+ from here https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/tag/v1.0.13
and it worked.
Weird, I though GF9600m GT support these shaders... or that's other problem?
Well, T+ updated itself to new version and give same error.
What a pity. Maybe I try some workaround...
and why my game bar is written in chinese when I play in windowed mode?
You can disable auto updates in the configurator.
Pixel shader 3.0 is a bare minimum, but apparently not enough. Not sure we can do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom