Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endarire

Scholar
Resolution
I set the game's resolution to 1280x1024. The x32 was found in-game.

CMA&A
I'm using 1.0.29. In the Craft Arms & Armor window, I don't see the Thundering, Seeking, nor Wounding properties. (EDIT: Reopening the CMA&A window made the full list appear!)

I heard Twlight (armor/shield mod for -10% ASF) would be included. What's the status on that?
Added v1.0.68

Craft Wondrous
In the Craft Wondrous window, the Monk's belt has a (null) first prerequistie. This may be due to my using lax rules. This seems wrong though.
Fixed v1.0.68 (Monk's belt had an OR condition in the spell requirements, which the vanilla game engine did not support in the printout)

Alt Tabbing out of Temple+
UPDATE: I think my Win7 machine sees T+ as running and therefore locks the mouse-accessible resolution to the game's. Pushing Windows+D removes the problem until I alt-tab out of T+.

Alt-Tabbing out of T+ Again
The problem (not being able to access my screen's full resolution with alt-tabbed) may be due to having T+ run at a smaller resolution than my computer's current resolution. Having changed T+'s resolution, THIS SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM!
Fixed 1.0.43

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
Summon and most crowd control spells (web, glitterdust, grease, entangle...) should NOT break normal invisibility as per RAW.
Fixed 1.0.30

Elestan

Educated
Summon and most crowd control spells (web, glitterdust, grease, entangle...) should NOT break normal invisibility as per RAW.
Hmm? That page says:
For purposes of this spell, an attack includes any spell targeting a foe or whose area or effect includes a foe.
Summon should be okay, but the others would break it.

Endarire

Scholar
Perhaps it was the GMs I've played with - or what I alllowed as GM - to say that targeted effects and HP/ability score penalizing/depleting effects broke normal invisibility. Apologies.

However, I have been concerned that summons and area effects (grease, web, etc.) aren't actually bound to their respective ranges (like Close for grease) but instead can affect any visible area within line of effect. These still need verification.

Allyx

Savant
Surely you are mistaken about Glitterdust not breaking invisibility? I mean, that is what the spell is for primarily.

Elestan

Educated
Surely you are mistaken about Glitterdust not breaking invisibility? I mean, that is what the spell is for primarily.
He was referring to them breaking the caster's invisibility, not the target's.

Elestan

Educated
Picking pockets, however, should certainly not end Invisibility, as it currently does.

Endarire

Scholar
Invisibility should also not break when interacting with objects, like chests or picking up items on the floor.

Endarire

Scholar
Casting barkskin on an ally while the caster is invisible should not break invisibility! Summoning creatures via spells shouldn't break it either!

Endarire

Scholar
Townsfolk are Oddly Selectively Racist
Tolerant Townsfolk house rule is on. A charmed hill giant (by a summoned Lamia) brought from Temple3 into town (Nulb and Hommlet) caused all villagers to become hostile. A charmed bugbear minion and Oohlgrist are OK with the villagers. Wuh?

Fixed for 1.0.30

Elestan

Educated
Salamanders are supposed to take 1.5x damage from Cold, not 2x. This may be a general bug in all TOEE Vulnerabilities.
Indeed it was common for all Monster Subtype Fire monsters. Fixed for 1.0.30.

Endarire

Scholar
Oohlgrist seems allied with the Water Temple. When I tried attacking the Juggernaut with him, I saw the message "Friendly Fire!" despite the temple attacking us first.
Fixed 1.0.30

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Townsfolk are Oddly Selectively Racist
Tolerant Townsfolk house rule is on. A charmed hill giant (by a summoned Lamia) brought from Temple3 into town (Nulb and Hommlet) caused all villagers to become hostile. A charmed bugbear minion and Oohlgrist are OK with the villagers. Wuh?
Wasn't able to replicate this. Got a save that can demonstrate it?

upload_2016-12-17_8-34-15.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Note that I did not bring Scorpp to town, but a charmed Hill Giant gotten from a random Temple3 encounter.

I have a ToEE Bugs directory on GDrive! Enjoy!
Ahh I got it. It's not racially motivated, the Hill Giant is just flagged ONF_KOS. I'll see if I can suppress it if he's a party member.

Edit: Yes, fixed it. The bug was actually caused because he was charmed by the Lamia, who was now missing.

Last edited:

Elestan

Educated
Note that I did not bring Scorpp to town, but a charmed Hill Giant gotten from a random Temple3 encounter.

Ahh I got it. It's not racially motivated, the Hill Giant is just flagged ONF_KOS. I'll see if I can suppress it if he's a party member.

Edit: Yes, fixed it. The bug was actually caused because he was charmed by the Lamia, who was now missing.

Note that properly, a Charm is not transitive; the Hill Giant's loyalty should have been to the Lamia, not the party, so when her summoning expired, it should have either left the party or gone hostile.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Note that properly, a Charm is not transitive; the Hill Giant's loyalty should have been to the Lamia, not the party, so when her summoning expired, it should have either left the party or gone hostile.
One day I'll make Charm Person behave according to P&P rules, and the current behavior will be the only house rule that's on by default ;)

Endarire

Scholar
When assigning hotkeys using control+KEY, if I'm about to assign a key that's already assigned, the message still says, 'KEY is assigned to "".' The key assignment properly changes if assigned.

Fixed v1.0.83 (oops!)

Endarire

Scholar
What Spell(craft) is this?
The Spellcraft spell seems to have stopped identifying spells enemy casters are casting. (The characters meant to identify these spells are trained - they have ranks and max INT.) Perhaps it's because I relied on Burne (NPC companion) with his Spellcraft skill, but even with a PC with a console-adjusted 100 INT, we couldn't ID any spells enemies were casting.

This was on Temple4 near Hedrack, but other places (mostly in the ToEE) produced the same results.

I could understand if casters cast spells clearly out of line of sight. We were standing right next to the caster and couldn't ID anything!

Looks like a misreport, I was able to ID spells just fine.
Note that to identify the spell you generally need:
1. To be within earshot - base range is 10 tiles away, adjust by 1 tile for every 2 listen skill levels.
2. Line of sight - standing right next but facing away will fail this.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Endarire

Scholar
Orb of Golden CTDs
The Orb of Golden Death produced a crash to desktop when used for chain lightning by Burne in the Earth node against the Glabrezu. This happened again when I used it again in the same circumstance after restarting the fight. Check the code on chain lightning. Perhaps that's in conflict with the Orb's version of the spell.

Also, perhaps chain lightning was cast from out of range. I did stand at the end of the hall possibly - but unlikely - out of range.
Fixed v1.0.85 (long range was indeed the issue)

Finally, the Orb's chain lightning requires a full-round action to use. Should this be a standard action instead?

Endarire

Scholar
Transparent NPCs, Hidden Alignment
Transparent NPCs still doesn't reveal NPC companion alignments. For example, Burne's Lawful Goodness is not displayed in his inventory screen like a player character's alignment would be.

Fixed v1.0.63

Mathalor

Educated
I remember this working properly in vanilla, but it's been months since I played this game without temple plus, so if I'm wrong, I apologize for posting in the wrong area.

weapon finesse should replace the strength modifier with dex, not add to it. my lvl 3 halfling rogue has 6 strength and 20 dex, and this bug is penalizing her attack modifier, with daggers, by 2.

On a side note, if this stays in, I could pick up weapon finesse with my warrior, who has both high strength and high dex.
Fixed v1.0.76 (was vanilla bug; also it only happened with negative STR modifier :) )

Edit: after poking around, I decided it might just be a typo on my character sheet, and tested it in combat. I still got the -2 strength penalty, but I also got a misterious +2 modifier from my perfectly visible wolf target being "not visibile." Was this to offset a strength penalty, or something else?

Mathalor

Educated
Nevermind about the invis modifier. I don't know why that showed up, but it hasn't showed up again in any of my other fights.

Also, I tested it on my warrior (strength 19 dex 17) when he hit level 4, picked up weapon finesse, attacked a lacedon with his spiked chain, no bonus (good).

So I guess this is only for strength penalties. I'm positive it's supposed to bypass the str penalty to hit, and pretty sure it did in co8 without temple+.
Bug is also present in Co8/vanilla ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom