Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathalor

Educated
Actually, I've seen trolls attack spiritual weapons now too, and I didn't have an entangle down.

And, I'm not sure why, but after I got improved trip on my warrior, I wasn't getting the +2 bonus from the spiked chain.

Endarire

Scholar
Do the trip bonus from the spiked chain and Improved Trip feat not stack?

Endarire

Scholar
Spell Slots but No Spells Pickable (AKA "ToEE only counts base ability scores to determine what spell levels a character can cast")
It's possible for a character to gain Blackguard levels (and levels in any casting base class or PrC with its own spell list) and never be able to pick any spells to cast (either at all or of a certain level), even though the character has enough of its relevant mental stat to cast spells via temporary means (like fox's cunning or a Headband of INT). This is not RAW. Even temporary bonuses to stats allow a caster higher spell DCs and more spell slots!

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/owlsWisdom.htm
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/foxsCunning.htm
Specifically says you don't get bonus spells from Owl's Wisdom and Fox's Cunning, so that one's NAB.
However I changed it so you do get it from permanent items (v1.0.83). I guess you can still game the system...

If a character has too low of a mental stat to gain spells from a divine spell list (that is, one that grants every spell known to its user of any spell level the user can cast), then gaining another level in this class after gaining the minimum ability score grants the spells known. (Leveling in another class may also work this way. Haven't checked.)

For example, if a Blackguard becomes a Blackguard with 10 base WIS and levels to Blackguard3, he gains no spells known but has spell slots from class. If his base WIS increases to 11 and he gains another Blackguard level, he retroactively gains spell knowledge and castability of all his level 1 Blackguard spells.
Fixed v1.0.83 (it wasn't taking into account the raised stat level during the spell adding stage)

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
PrC Spell Lists Not Mentioned in Full Spell Descriptions
D&D 3.5 normally didn't list what PrCs knew/could learn what spells until Spell Compendium or thereabouts. For example, death knell's full description should include:

Blackguard 2, Cleric 2, Domain: Death 2

Not gonna change

Endarire

Scholar
Burne's Wand of Magic Missile
This wand was made under the old system, pre-caster level setting. It'd be more convenient to replace his "Wand of Magic Missile, 5 Missiles" with a CL9 Wand of magic missile. This has 2 main impacts:

-The sell value is corrected. (It currently sells for about 3700G when it should sell for about 6700G.)

-It starts with 50 charges instead of 20.

Not interested in changing this

sneakycold

Novice
Hi Sitra, will there be an option for the mouse not to exceed the borders when in window mode?

gunman

Arcane
Developer
There is something weird with the configured resolution and mouse scrolling. I'm using my laptop with 1366 x 768 desktop resolution. If I set 1024 x 600 for the game, then there is a problem with scrolling to the left (up, down and right are ok). It looks like I have to move the mouse just one or two pixels away from the edge of the screen for the map to scroll. If I move the mouse directly on the left edge, it won't scroll. If I set the resolution to 1068 x 600, then scrolling to left is ok, but the same problem appears when scrolling up.

I guess there is some problem with stretching the game window to desktop resolution and how the game detects the exact mouse coordinates.

Fixed 1.0.56

Gord

Arcane
I've picked up an older ToEE game again and currently fail horribly at fighting the Balor.
Anyway, I've noticed something strange, which might as well be an vanilla bug:

So most of my party is afraid (and Remove Fear does nothing), my main tank - a dwarf - at some point even got charmed (spell resistance ever only works for the enemy) and charmed back (not sure if important).
He's afraid as well, so he's running away like the coward he is - as far as possible. Two other afraid characters only run to some certain distance, their action bar still being in the green when they stop - so I should be able to perform some action, right?
Yet, when I try to bring up ther radial menu (by right-clicking), I get the dwarf's menu instead, even though it's not currently his round to go - the initiative bar on top still has the other hero selected.

Fixed v1.0.62

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hi Sitra, will there be an option for the mouse not to exceed the borders when in window mode?
Sure, added for next version.
I take it you would still want access to the window bar? (the minimaze/maximize/close buttons)

There is something weird with the configured resolution and mouse scrolling. I'm using my laptop with 1366 x 768 desktop resolution. If I set 1024 x 600 for the game, then there is a problem with scrolling to the left (up, down and right are ok). It looks like I have to move the mouse just one or two pixels away from the edge of the screen for the map to scroll. If I move the mouse directly on the left edge, it won't scroll. If I set the resolution to 1068 x 600, then scrolling to left is ok, but the same problem appears when scrolling up.

I guess there is some problem with stretching the game window to desktop resolution and how the game detects the exact mouse coordinates.
Yeah apparently there's some problem with updating the mouse position in that situation. Looking into it. (you may be able to get around it for now by moving the mouse slowly)

I've picked up an older ToEE game again and currently fail horribly at fighting the Balor.
Anyway, I've noticed something strange, which might as well be an vanilla bug:

So most of my party is afraid (and Remove Fear does nothing), my main tank - a dwarf - at some point even got charmed (spell resistance ever only works for the enemy) and charmed back (not sure if important).
He's afraid as well, so he's running away like the coward he is - as far as possible. Two other characters are afraid as well, but only run to some certain distance, their action bar still being in the green when they stop - so I should be able to perform some action, right?
Yet, when I try to bring up ther radial menu (by right-clicking), I get the dwarf's menu instead, even though it's not currently his round to go - the initiative bar on top still has the other hero selected.

Can you send a save at the start of combat with the Balor?

Endarire

Scholar
You must be this Lawful Good to continue as Paladin!
Our party's NG Cleric of Obad-Hai went Cleric4/Fighter1/Paladin1 but could not take a second Paladin level, despite being able to level in all other base classes if we chose. Uhh...

Lax rules are enabled.
Couldn't replicate issue (user stated that Paladin was taken last); hasn't been reported again since

Superior Expertise should be a Fighter Bonus Feat
This link says so.
Fixed 1.0.43

Superior Expertise also got renamed to Improved Combat Expertise in Complete Warrior where it's a Fighter Bonus Feat.
Bah!

Endarire

Scholar
Beads of Karma
1: The Beads of Karma on-use effect says, "Magic Weapon Karmic Prayer." Should the this simply be "Karmic Prayer?"

2: Should the Beads of Karma (and, by extension, all prayer beads) require wearing to activate? It seems painful to have this item require the only slot that divine casters can use to get +WIS. Needing to choose between +6 WIS (for extra spell slots) and +4 CL 1/day felt mean and disappointing once I learned that's how the item was coded. I've always played assuming prayer beads need not be worn to be activated.

Fixed v1.0.83

Mathalor

Educated
Greater weapon specialization doesn't seem to work.

My fighter has weapon spec spiked chain and the thorned chains of love. He hit level 12 and I took greater weapon specialization as my bonus feat.

I was not prompted to choose a weapon.

During the next fight (random encounter in the water node), I got my +2 damage from basic specialization, but did not get a further +2 for greater weapon specialization.

Fixed for 1.0.30

Mathalor

Educated
Thinking about my problems with greater weapon specialization, I've realized I have no way of confirming if my rogue's Deadly Precision feat is working or also bugged.

It's working

Sitra Achara

Arcane
You must be this Lawful Good to continue as Paladin!
Our party's NG Cleric of Obad-Hai went Cleric4/Fighter1/Paladin1 but could not take a second Paladin level, despite being able to level in all other base classes if we chose. Uhh...

Lax rules are enabled.
What order did you pick those classes?
Paladin requires an unbroken sequence of Pal levels.

Greater weapon specialization doesn't seem to work.

My fighter has weapon spec spiked chain and the thorned chains of love. He hit level 12 and I took greater weapon specialization as my bonus feat.

I was not prompted to choose a weapon.

During the next fight (random encounter in the water node), I got my +2 damage from basic specialization, but did not get a further +2 for greater weapon specialization.

Thanks, fixed.

Re. Deadly Precision, I forgot to note it in the description but the actual implementation is that it does 1d5+1 instead of 1d6, which is plainly visible in the roll history console.

Mathalor

Educated
1d5+1 is actually slightly more effective than the feat as written (due to having to stick with 1s if the reroll is a 1), but they're close (47/12 average vs 48/12 or 4). Thank you.

Mathalor

Educated
my druid just hit level 13. I dismissed my polar bear, looked for dire bear on the list.

It's not there.

Endarire

Scholar
NG Paladin Build Order
Cleric then Fighter then Paladin. She would have gone more Paladin had the game let her.

Druid Animal Companions and Loyalty Bonuses
Animal companions give a 'loyalty bonus' in terms of bonus hit dice, STR, DEX, natural armor, etc. if the Druid has this companion for at least 3 levels beyond the minimum needed to acquire this companion. Does this work properly for Dire Bears? What about other companions not available at Druid1?

Hi I have installed Temple+ and play until Nulb.
I try to fight Tolub quest but after first round he call me a cheater and do not want to fight me anymore.
I have loaded and try different stuffs like no buffing, using different characters or loading from earlier saves but still the same.
How can I complete this quest?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I try to fight Tolub quest but after first round he call me a cheater and do not want to fight me anymore.
I have loaded and try different stuffs like no buffing, using different characters or loading from earlier saves but still the same.
Can you send me the save with your char? It's probably caused by an unended spell.
Also you might be avle to solve the issue by going to Jaroo and doing the spell permanency healing.

Mathalor

Educated
I finally got my dire bear, at level 14. probably should have been available at level 13. Either it was cause I just leveled, or it's off by one, or something else.

Fixed for 1.0.30

Can you send me the save with your char? It's probably caused by an unended spell.
Also you might be avle to solve the issue by going to Jaroo and doing the spell permanency healing.

I have uploaded the save file and player file in link below

https://expirebox.com/download/9d78925e7fc08a6b26134ebf62fa9b0a.html

Fixed for 1.0.30

Sitra Achara

Arcane

I have uploaded the save file and player file in link below

https://expirebox.com/download/9d78925e7fc08a6b26134ebf62fa9b0a.html
Alright, took a look at the file, and for some reason it registers a cheat before the fight even starts. Did you perhaps load a save after you lost? Or any other unusual thing of that sort?

Edit: Oh, another thing that might cause it: Apparently it will retain the brawl state when you start a new game, if you had previously loaded a game where the brawl took place. Fixed it, anyhow (for v1.0.30).

As a bonus side effect, this should allow the brawl procedure to be reused (it used to be a part of a Co8 modification to brawl with Jayfie, but it was scrapped because it ruined the Tolub brawl)

I finally got my dire bear, at level 14. probably should have been available at level 13. Either it was cause I just leveled, or it's off by one, or something else.
Yeah it was off by one. I wonder how it went unnoticed for so long! Fixed for 1.0.30 anyway.

Last edited:

Mathalor

Educated
Something weird is going on with craft wand.

I've trained Meleny to level 12, with 76280 exp and the craft wand feat. I'm making a wand of barkskin. I set her wand crafting level, via the radial dial, to 12.

She makes a caster level 11 wand.

Know Issue from vanilla, not easy to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom